- It's official, Dalton Pepper will take his 3-star talents to Temple.
- Ryan Howard apparently shot a new Subway commercial at PNC Park today. That's good, because there is NOTHING TO DO IN PITTSBURGH.
- A band called "The Baseball Project" will be performing at North Star Bar on Monday, June 6th. Ever hear of REM? Sure you have. Well, a few of those guys got together and formed a band that sings about, you guessed it, baseball. We have a couple of free tickets to see the show.
Want them? Send an email to crossingbroad [at] yahoo [dot] com. Include your name and age (21+). We'll choose a winner at random. The tickets will be waiting for you at will call on Monday.
Prior to the event, which begins at 8 P.M., the group will be singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame at the Phillies.
You can find out more info about the event here.
- Finally, completely un-sports related, CB reader Sara sends along her site, FreshAir.org. Essentially, they are looking for host families (two week time period) to give inner city kids a chance to experience the suburbs, outdoors, and "fresh air." More details here if you want to help. Be, like, a mentor, yo.
- And that concludes this portion of what is, apparently, the week in which nothing happens in local sports.