Where's Scott Hartnell? At the Disney on Ice display in the King of Prussia Mall. Photo via Wells Fargo Center.
Did you have a good weekend? Probably. You didn’t have to watch the Eagles embarrass themselves (and the city)… they got that out of the way on Thursday. As such, I was able to indulge in my new favorite pastime– morning drinking. Nothing like a few Franziskaners and EPL soccer to get a weekend day started off on the right foot (cue angry, soccer-hating comments).
Yesterday, Everton fans booed the Stoke goaltender while he being carried out on a stretcher. He was knocked out, briefly, then regained consciousness, played for another minute and collapsed. There was a short-lived he might be dead moment, but that didn’t stop the Brits from booing the delay. And they say that sort of thing only happens in Philly…
A couple of quick notes:
– Sports movie quizzo this Thursday at Drinker’s Tavern (2nd and Market). 8 PM. I’m hosting, you’re playing. Look for more details soon.
– Support the only player on the Eagles who doesn’t disappoint and the fight against cancer by picking up Philly Phaithful’s It’s Always Shady in Philadelphia t-shirt. $5 from every sale goes to the American Cancer Society.
– Bill Barber, Bobby Clarke, Reggie Leach and Ilya Bryzgalov will all be signing autographs at BC Sports in the coming month. Click here for details.
– Save up to 50% off face value on 4-star tickets (lower level, behind nets) for the Flyers-Penguins game Thursday night. Make an offer with your best price– this thing has gotten tremendous feedback from many of you, so it’s worth checking out right here.
– Photo: Benjamin Cooper Utley.
– Andy Reid was apparently given an ultimatum: Fire Juan or find new job.
– Bruce Boudreau complained about the Flyers diving on Friday.
– The Phillies signed Laynce Nix, the fourth over-30 white guy of the offseason… in case you score those sorts of things at home.
– The Marlins signed Jose Reyes to a six-year, $106 million deal. Your move, Amaro.
– Braves pitcher Pete Moylan ripped Nickelback. Nickelback responded:
– maniacal laugh, maniacal laugh –
– Jimmy Rollins was at MSG on Saturday night for the Cotto-Margarito fight. He took this picture with… Star Jones.