I didn’t watch the Eagles game. Not one second of it.
Instead, I went with Ms. CB and some family to the CSI exhibit at the Franklin Institute and Christmas Village… or, as some would prefer it to be called, Mayor Nutter’s Happy Fun-Time Non-Denominational I didn’t know you were Druish Holiday Village. Anyway, it was a great time. We solved not one but two crimes at the Institute (they only want you to do one, but for fear of catching the end of the game on TV, we went back and solved another). At Christmas Village, we had strudel, took on a couple of German wieners… and ate some sausage. Had beer. And then, because we wanted to see some real football, stopped in Con Murphy’s on the Parkway to have some more beer and watch the Packers beat up on the Raiders.
When we got home, I added a Christmas twist onto the Flyin’ Hawaiian™ (Captain and pineapple) to form a Mele Kalikimaka (two scoops of coconut sorbet, a shot of Captain and a small can of Dole pineapple juice). Try it– trust me, it’s Hawaii’s way to say Merry Christmas to you. Also, I may have a drinking problem.
That’s it– no Eagles. I understand they won, however. We caught some of our friend John Miller’s post-game show on WIP on the way home. I read most of the articles, too, and have prepared myself for a few foolish fools who believe the Eagles still have a chance. Which they don’t.
Let’s hit it.
A couple of quick notes:
- Shady McCoy– he’s good. Buy an It’s Always Shady in Philadelphia t-shirt and you’ll help fight cancer. So, it seems to me the math is simple: support Shady, fight cancer. Do it.
- One day left to save 40% off NFL jerseys at BC Sports. 40. Percent. Click here for locations.
- Quizzo at Drinker’s last week had a ridiculous turnout. The Flyers were playing the Penguins and it made for a great atmosphere every time the O and Bs scored. Be sure to check out Drinker’s locations for other Flyers games… like tomorrow against the Capitals. $1 hot dogs and $3 Jagr shots.
- Claude Giroux had a bad day on Saturday. He got kneed in the head by Wayne Simmonds at night, and may have a concussion as a result. In the morning, it appears he was in a minor fender bender outside the Wells Fargo center.
- Adam Reigner wrote a particularly good piece yesterday, filing for divorce from Andy Reid. Very well done.
- Jimmy Rollins watched Temple wax all over my Villanova squad Saturday night.
- Those fans that we told you about on Friday – the ones who had legal action threatened by the Sixers if they didn’t hand over the passwords for fake mascot Twitter accounts – received free club box tickets to the home opener. Good for them… though they seemed much more interested in telling the negative side of the story than the positive one. Nice work by the Sixers.
- David Beckham wears a Phillies hat.
- John Miller writes about how Vick was still mediocre in the Eagles’ win.
- Here are the details on Ryan Braun being suspended for using PEDs, if you haven’t heard yet.
- Our favorite post-game Eagles ranter, eaydatpussy445, is happy. Somewhat. This time, he shows us his breasts in a festive fashion.