Snider walks through Xfinity Live! following Flyers win, via (@KingofBlueBell)
Busy weekend and Friday. Here’s everything that you may have missed from the Flyers and sports world. Let's hit it.
But first, a word from our sponsors:
- Visit Drinker’s Philadelphia locations to watch all Flyers playoff games. Avoid the crush of humanity at the sports complex and swing by Old City, Center City, or University City to watch the games at Drinker's on giant TVs, with full sound, and $2 PBRs and $3 SoCo and Limes. We’re – tentatively – hosting a Game 5 (if ness…) game watch next Tuesday at Drinker’s West. Stay tuned for details for that.
- Be sure to shop at BC Sports for all of your Flyers playoff gear. Jerseys, t-shirts, hats, gnomes– whatever you want. Shop here and be sure to check for signings from your favorite local athletes.
- KNOCK, KNOCK. Get the Mac Miller-inspired t-shirt here from our friends at Philly Phaithful. You’re going to need one for when the Flyers win 11 more games. Grab one here.
- Want to go to playoff games? We have tickets for Game 2 right hither. Get in for as low as $110. First level for as low as $130.
- Only a handful of tickets remain for our takeover of D.C. on Sunday. $120 gets you bus, lower-level game ticket, food, drinks, and a t-shirt. Join us as we invade the nation’s capital. Details and tickets here.
- Since it got buried over the weekend and because I love to gloat… I almost went yard, and won the media hitting contest at Citizens Bank Park on Friday.
This was all for a good cause. Home Runs For Heart is a two-day baseball home run hitting contest at Citizens Bank Park that will give fans an opportunity to take their whacks at putting one over the fence. On May 1 and 2, you too can have the chance to play on the Phillies field. Simply call 215-575-5218 or visit www.heart.org/phillywalk and click Home Runs For Heart to register. All proceeds from the event go to supporting the American Heart Association’s lifesaving work in research, education and community programs. It’s a must-do for baseball fans. And yes, the outfield grass feels like a sponge… or warm apple pie.
- Scott Hartnell did an interview with Maxim.
- Claude Giroux gave women advice in Cosmo. For realsies.
- Paulina Gretzky just about showed her vagina in these Instagram photos over the weekend:
- Dude wears “The Black Guy” Wayne Simmonds jersey.
- Jrue Holiday tried to sell his own jersey at Modell’s, but nobody knew who he was.
- The Mets traveled to Houston wearing cowboy gear.
- A fan mooned Bryce Harper in Los Angeles: [via, oddly enough, Bob McKenzie]
- Fan runs on field to meet douchebag Bryce Harper.
- Finally, batting stance guy instructs us how to imitate Brycecakes: