Kyle Scott —  November 13, 2012 — 27 Comments

Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 4.57.47 PM
I swear Bradley Cooper is trying to flip me. Funny, nice hair, Eagles fan… now this: Coop (pet name) was on Letterman last night talking about his new movie, Silver Linings Playbook, which debuts next week. And as you probably already know, the movie was filmed mostly in the Philly area (Delco) and features Robert De Niro as Cooper’s Eagles-obsessed father. Cooper explained to Letterman how Bobby D picked up his Philly accent for the movie:

My uncle, who is a heating and air conditioning repairman– I had my family all over when we were shooting the movie. Robert De Niro said, “Bradley, can I have your uncle read my lines?” I thought, “oh my God.” So, we’re in a hotel room. My Uncle Ernie is sitting there on a couch, Robert De Niro is next to him, [reading his lines]. They went through the whole script, the entire script. At one point, I literally could not stop laughing. My uncle is a tough guy, hands like catcher’s mitts, and he’s getting it from both sides [De Niro and director]. The Philadelphia mentality… when we walked out, my uncle goes, “We’ll see if he does it as good.”

Awesome. But you’d think maybe Coop could throw some money Uncle Ernie’s way? Dude’s slaving around the HVAC industry while his nephew is on late night talk shows being ridiculously good-looking. Sad, man.

Video after the jump.

Kyle Scott

Posts Twitter Facebook Google+

Editor

27 responses to Video: Bradley Cooper’s Uncle Ernie Helped Robert De Niro Nail Down His Philly Accent in “Silver Linings Playbook”

1. Saw a screening of ‘Silver Linings’ last night. Mikey Miss was sitting directly behind me, Eskin in the row in front of me. It’s a great movie. Very funny with the right touch of Eagles mixed in. Jennifer Lawrence doesn’t hurt either.

2. Candy from the Oak November 13, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Bradley Cooper isn’t from philly, but pretends his is like the delco trash and south nj trash. i will however see the movie once it’s bootleg

3. He was born in Philadelphia, Candy.

4. bradley cooper grew up in the rittenhouse square area fuck are u talkin about whoever posted last comment

5. Katniss is smoking hot

6. DDDDDAAAAAAALLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOO

7. Candy from the Oak November 13, 2012 at 6:09 pm

montco

8. Richie the Greek November 13, 2012 at 6:11 pm

I don’t think there is any doubt that Candy from the Oak sucks cock for a living.

9. Candy from the Oak November 13, 2012 at 6:17 pm

ok

10. I hated de Niro ever since he sold out & did pussy movies like meet the parents & any given Sunday
    Z

11. Richie the Greek November 13, 2012 at 6:31 pm

uhhh Any Given Sunday was Pacino. I’m with you though…

12. Delco born & raised November 13, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Candy- omg you are so funny

13. This is my last comment ever on this website as having read the comments prior to mine has now made me so fucking retarded that I won’t be able to turn my laptop on tomorrow morning, assuming that is that I don’t somehow choke myself to death while I am brushing my teeth.

14. @ The Reddgie- you will be missed

15. Richie the Greek November 13, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Reddg that comment was retarded.

16. I’m pretty sure he’s from Jenkintown. It’s the Philadelphia area…can’t we all get along?!

17. Bradley Cooper grew up in Jenkintown. I know his parents.

18. He grew up in Abington or went to HS there. Probably knows Jon Marks

19. The Taggart House November 13, 2012 at 10:42 pm

He was at the Taggart house a few times while shooting this film. Funny guy

20. He went to Germantown Academy, graduated with Alvin Williams I believe

21. He’s my #1 hair crush. Rob ryan is #2. (no homo)

22. @Pat A. – worth seeing in the theatre great — or wait until it comes out On Demand great?
    PS – Yes, there is a difference :)

23. The majority of the movie was filmed in Ridley Township. The house is in Ridley Park.

24. His uncle still works because they happen to be white.

25. Anyone else catch that horrible piece of shit llanarch diner in the previews? The fucking llanarch diner?

26. upper darby sucks November 15, 2012 at 8:21 am

the house was in upper darby

27. @NutJob Fans
    Yes I’d recommend seeing it if you dont mind dropping $11 for a movie.