Not a good start for the Flyers. All the relevant links and reading in the roundup.
Let’s hit it!
But first, a word from our sponsors:
- The Flyers will be looking for their first win of the season tomorrow against the Devils. Join us at for a gamewatch at Drinker’s West (39th and Chestnut) at 7:30 p.m. There will be great drink specials, delicious hot dogs and tacos, and prizes. Free to come, of course.
- Next Wednesday– more Flyers. Join me for Flyers quizzo at Chickie’s and Pete’s in Drexel Hill at 8:30 p.m. Four rounds, four different Flyers eras: The Stanley Cup years, 1980s, late-1990s, Laviolette Era.
- Jeremiah Trotter will be signing autographs at the Sports Vault in the King of Prussia Mall on Saturday, January 26 from 1- 2 p.m. Details and tickets here.
- Monkey’s Uncle, in Doylestown, has a brand new selection of vintage Flyers gear. Take $10 off you order of $50 or more with code BULLIES. Shop in-store or online here.
- Fans aren’t staying away. NBC had its best non-Winter Classic regular season ratings ever on Saturday. The Blackhawks-Kings and Penguins-Flyers games, on concurrently on Saturday afternoon, received a 2.0 overnight rating, which is the best ever for a non-Winter Classic regular season game(s). The same for local ratings– the game got an impressive 19.4 rating in Pittsburgh and a 7.8 in Philadelphia.
- Tyler McGinn may replace Zac Rinaldo, who required 20 stitches after having his leg cut by a skate yesterday.
- The Eagles are reportedly interviewing Jim Herrmann for the defensive coordinator position.
- The Dallas Stars’ jumbotron took a swipe at Manti Te’o.
- Most cost-effective way to get a Claude Giroux jersey with a “C”? Cut out the “C” from your Mike Richards jersey and sew it on a G sweater like reader Victoria’s son, Pocket Utley, did. It gets you the ladies.
- Jaromir Jagr had four points on Saturday night.
- Howard Eskin made some questionable comments about Erin Andrews being filmed nude in her hotel room.
- See a screening of Goon at the Trocadero on Monday, January 28 at 8 p.m. for only $3.
- Finally, shopping on Amazon? Use our link and support the site.