Video: Chip Kelly Showed Up at Wing Bowl

Screen Shot 2013-02-01 at 9.06.32 AMPhoto: Eagles

Just in case Chip Kelly was having any second thoughts about taking the job with the Eagles… well, it’s too late now.

In a smart PR move by Kelly and the Eagles, Kelly bought himself a bit of a pass – for now, at least – with the WIP Morning Show by showing up to Wing Bowl (as he hinted he would do) and spending a few minutes on-air with Angelo Cataldi, who tried to run Kelly’s predecessor out of town for the better part of a decade.

Screen Shot 2013-02-01 at 9.07.34 AMvia (@Susiecelek)

Kelly spent only a few minutes with Angelo, and when given the opportunity to address the crowd, he went with: Yo, Philly!

Eloquent.

Two videos after the jump– one of Cataldi interviewing Kelly and another of Kelly’s reaction while leaving (1:05 mark).

Videos courtesy CBS Philly

1. I hope chip got his dick sucked at the wingbowl.

2. stick to hockey

February 1, 2013 at 9:42 am

@3 Finger Lenny
    You know Bernie did

3. Worley's Hot Piece of Ass

February 1, 2013 at 9:42 am

Kyle, for those of us who actually had to work today, post us some titty shots from today’s wingbowl.

4. Susie Celek is a trannie, she has to be.

5. What a pandering ass he is.
    He’ll be gone in two years, back to the NCAA.

6. Just leaving wing bowl….wingettes were fugly, hotter chicks in upper level showing tits n making out, awesome

7. kyle scott is a fucking homo

February 1, 2013 at 10:20 am

Julie Dorenbos needs a sextape

8. Am i the only one who wants to commit suicide everytime the eagles fight song or eagles pep bland plays? i fucking hate the song and the pep band. and angelo too. he ruins the morning show. its should just be jones, morganti, rhea, big daddy graham or barkann, and bundy.

9. I’m with you Johnny.
    I hate the fight song, the pep band, the E-A-G-L-E-S chant, I hate the fan base that (for the most part) crucified the best QB to ever play for the team yet welcomed with opened arms a convicted felon who won all of two playoff games in his life, the same idiots who pine for the days of Buddy Ryan–pettioning for Kelly Green uniforms–and his zero playoff wins yet talk of the torture of Andy Reid’s tenure that had 10 playoff wins, a Super Bowl appearance and exciting football deep into January every year but four.
    I hate Wing Bowl and Cataldi and his syconphant Rhea Hughes.
    WIP has made a mockery of the Philly sports scene mainly by playing down to the lowest common denominator in this city and preying on the people’s bigotries, their self loathing and their knee-jerk reactionary ways.

10. Hey DT – that wasn’t my knee that I was jerking..but thanks for the compliment

11. The Ex Eagles Fans

February 1, 2013 at 11:59 am

this guy has me excited to be an eagles fan again. can’t wait for camp and can’t wait for the opener. I just hope this excitement doesnt wear off with a subpar team.

12. I wonder what Angelo Cataldi thinks of this…

13. I dont understand the supposed hatred for Mr.Cataldi. He, more than anyone, put sports radio on the map in this town during a time when sportsradio was still viewed as an experiment (must give Eskin lots of credit here as well). To host very highly rated morning drive radio show for over decades, in a major radio market is a major achievement. Congrats on the Wing Bowl, and hope your health improves Mr. Cataldi.

14. DT – Rhea Hughes is nothing more than a glorified secretary. Frankly, she kisses his ass because she does not want to lose that cushy job. She is a very unlikable and obnoxious person from what I hear. NO wonder her husband drinks.

15. Was it me, or did Chip Kelly seem to mock Philly by yelling, “YO PHILLY”?? Way excited for the Eagles and all and so glad they are making a change to get back (hopefully) into the NFL elite…. BUT, that 2 minute clip showed a little arrogance I think.

16. Ed rendell's goon squad

February 1, 2013 at 3:27 pm

The warm welcome will only last until he starts losing, and yes i agree with johnny rockets with HATING that fucking stupid fight song and angelo.

17. Oh the Humanity

February 1, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Eagles are a fucking joke franchise. That being said eagles fan for life!