Pic via Amanda Rykoff
A bouncer at a strip club once told me that "crack kills."
Let’s hit it!
But first, a word from our sponsors:
- Join us on Wednesday night at 8:30 for PRE-2000’S JIM CARREY QUIZZO at Drinker’s Tavern in Old City (2nd and Market). Details here.
- Play Chickie’s and Pete’s menu challenge and vote for your favorite dish for a chance to win an iPad mini.
- Speaking of March Madness, our friends at Philly Phaithful have a great promotion going on: three different t-shirts on sale each day for up to 33% off:
- Meet Ben Revere at the Sports Vault in the King of Prussia Mall on Saturday, April 20 from 11-12:30. Or Simon Gagne at the Sports Vault in the King of Prussia Mall on Saturday March 16 from 4:30-6. Details and tickets here.
- Girls. Naked ones. Ones you may know. Check out Girls of Philly for over 10 years of naked local girls. Link is suitable for work… but after that, you’re on your own.
- Please welcome our new sponsor, Tour Golf Revolution. Want to golf like a pro and be part of a competition? Must check this out. Very cool.
- On Saturday, we ran a story about Andrew Bynum allegedly throwing a shot glass and (somewhat jokingly) threatening to kill the friend of a CB reader at Buffalo Billiards on Friday night. A few unverified accounts have come in since. One person, claiming that he worked at Buffalo Billiards, at first offered to clarify some details, but then decided against it when he told me that CB has become too gossipy (…). But two commenters added the following:
The guy I was playing against was quick witted and very sarcastic so someone getting flustered and pissed with him isn't hard to understand. Bynum minded his own most of the night and latched on to two girls from the get-go and stayed with them even through his interesting departure. (Maybe that's part of his ladies closing tactic).
The guy asked if he could take a shot and told the girls and Bynum not to move for a sec so Bynum flicked his stick. The guy turned around and they both laughed and shot one liners back and forth. The dude went to shoot again and Bynum went with the flick move once again. They were still laughing but I did specifically hear the guy say jokingly, "don't make me cross check you like the real sport that wins at Wells Fargo". Neither team is winning so not the best line but still Bynum didn't like it and when he went to shoot for a third time Bynum made a gun out of his fingers and pushed down on his head. The guy said something along the lines of you're really not going to let me finish this game and Bynum said "you wanna play the death game?" Multiple times and said he has his boys and they can go back to his place and play whenever they want. Then he decided to spell out K-I-L-L… Show off. The guy said what do you think my answer is to that? And Bynum threw the glass and squared him up. Good shot if you ask me. He was covered from collar to bottom of chest. The dude did indeed yell stop the music that's the first shot Bynum made in Philly.
I was there last night (my tweet referenced above) and can confirm that Bynum was there alone, and seemed to be going back and forth between 2 different groups of chicks. I was not near the pool table while the confrontation started but as me and my buddy were leaving at like 1:50am we caught the tail end of the argument and basically told Bynum to leave as it wasn't worth it for him. He didn't leave with any girls as someone mentioned in a comment earlier. He walked out with us, and was still really frustrated about those dudes trying to rile him up. As we were half a block away, a drunk blonde chickenhead ran out of the bar and was screaming down the block to him about how he was leaving alone (I suppose implying that no one cared about him and highlighting that he was a loser for coming out by himself). At which point the cops across the street got on their megaphone and told her to grow up and go back inside. Bynum walked with us and then went into a huka bar where he said he knew the owner. Didn't see much wrong doing from the big man, just a couple of guys who thought they were cool talking trash to an NBA player – end of story.
Reader Dominic, a reliable loon spotter, sent along this update:
- Meanwhile, over the Constitution Center, where the Sixers held a disaster of a press conference to present the players from their breathtaking trade, a devotional to Bynum:
- Very important nerd update: Bryz’s Star Wars mask has been updates to include Yoda holding his proper green lightsaber:
- Speaking of Propper, I was on Propper Hockey last week with Brian Propp and Lou Tilley. You can watch it here.
- Philly native, sports fan and Eagles season ticket holder Jim Cramer, host of CNBC’s Mad Money (I love this show), was tweeting from all around Philly this weekend:
- Modern Family cast members trapped in an elevator. Really.
- Last week, Dennis Rodman met with North Korean leader and Chicago Bulls fan Kim Jong Un, who told Rodman that he wants Obama to call him. This, too, is real. And now for America’s next trick… we’ll be sending Snooki to meet with Ahmadinejad, who wants to exterminate Jews and destroy the West but is a lover of fat, drunken pussy.
- Here’s a trolling article about soccer in Sunday's Inquirer. “To me, soccer is much ado about not enough. The teams run around for an hour and a half and if the fans are lucky, their team may – hold your breath! – score a goal or two.”
Videos. After the jump, watch Brendan Shanahan explain Harry Z’s suspension and see highlights from the Flyers Wive Carnival courtesy of our friend Dave Grzybowski from La Salle TV.