ESPN’s Latest Mock Draft has Sixers Landing Both Wiggins and Randle

Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 10.03.20 AM

Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 10.02.46 AM

We’ve got a more full outlook on the draft coming here sometime next week, but while we’re here, let’s look at the insane possibility — according to ESPN’s Chad Ford — that the Sixers would land both Andrew Wiggins and Julius Randle. Personally, I cannot see Randle falling down to the Sixers at ten, and think that’s a much more likely spot for bascially anyone but Randle, but they pay Chad Ford the BIG BUCKS to know this stuff, so he’s gotta know more than me about it, right? Maybe he’s right? Maybe we get them both? I’m trying not to get ahead of myself, but this is very exciting (though again, it’s probably not going to happen). Here are two simple reasons why both of these are possible:

1. The Cavaliers are weird, and could honestly take WHOEVER at #1 and I would not be surprised.

2. From picks four to nine, most teams have a specific need that would lead them to taking a certain player or position, and Randle’s injury history could make him slip a bit.

We’ll know next week, but for now, this rampant speculation and insane theorizing has got me all kinds of equal parts excited and worried. Ford says Wiggins/Randle, but it could very easily be Exum/traded 10th pick. As I said before, Hinkie, I want to believe.

h/t reader Eric, images via Reddit

1. Jim's English Teacher

June 18, 2014 at 10:29 am

A “more full” outlook? And holy shit run-on sentence.

Fail.

2. Fire this hack kyle . He is slightly more literate than like reese

3. ^^You both are fucking losers. The commenters on this site have to be some of the worst, right up there with Philly.com. Not funny, negative, retarded shit day in & day out.

• Charles Grodin

June 18, 2014 at 10:47 am

New here?

• Jeopardy Clicker

June 18, 2014 at 10:48 am

^^^Then don’t come back^^^^^

• Nope. The commenters on this site are the equivalent of the unfunny uncle that thinks hes hilarious.

• Chutley Is Right

June 18, 2014 at 11:01 am

Chutley, you’re so cool and intelligent. It takes a real intellectual to come onto a comment board for a TMZ sports blog that’s been operating for four years, running such thought provoking pieces as “How Many NHL Draftees Did Princess Sass Blow?”, and “Which Phillies Prospect’s Girlfriend Would You Rather Fuck?”, and criticize it for substance of character. I wish you were hired as the new writer. We could all use a moral compass such as yourself to show us the way.

• Haha, do you really think the comments section is supposed to be supportive and g rated? What fun would that be?

4. HInkie is all about future + high ceiling..

That means Wiggins at #3. Saric at #10. Randle is a nice player but his measurables dont necessarily translate well to the nba. Sarics upside if he reaches his potential is off the charts and should be the pick here.

Hinkie needs to chill about moving Thad to get up to #1. Wiggins will be there for him at #3. Move Thad for a first round pick and pick up a Kyle Anderson, Adreian Payne,TJ W arren etc etc…

• Sixers Insider

June 18, 2014 at 11:26 am

Word on the street is the Sixers are totally in love with Indiana PF Noah Vonleh,and if Wiggins is drafted by Milwaukee at 2,then the Sixers will swap picks with Utah from 3 to 5,and draft Vonleh and pick up and additional 1st rd pick from the Jazz,who will draft Jabari Parker at 3.

Vonleh is being compared to a young Karl Malone,and at 6’10″ 247 lbs with gigantic hands and a ridiculous 7’4.25 wingspan,and the abilitiy to be a stretch 4(as a freshman he was 16 for 33 from the 3pt line),he would be the perfect complimentary player to pair with Noel at center.

And at #10,the Sixers are torn between Michigan state sg Gary Harris,and Michigan sg Nick Stauskas.

I prefer Stauskas,but hey it’s up to Hinkie to make the right move at 10.

5. Kyle's camel toe

June 18, 2014 at 10:53 am

Holy shit a five-comma sentence? My brain’s on fire!
    Is Jim already mocking himself, or is he really this poor of a writer? Either way the honeymoon is definitely over. Fucking awful.

6. John Clark's Airport Tipster

June 18, 2014 at 10:55 am

US Patent Office cancelled all patents pertaining to the Washington Redskins name today due to the term “redskin” being a derogatory racial slur.

When asked for comment, DeSean Jackson said “I know DeRog, I growed up witim. Where he be, ya’hurr?”.

• Kyle's camel toe

June 18, 2014 at 11:02 am

Holy shit dude you’re reporting a true, relevant sports story (minus djacc), something not seen on CB for a long time. How did Jimbo miss this, and how long until he catches up?

• Walter Sobchak

June 18, 2014 at 11:54 am

#datracist #datpiff #turntup #11mode #1uf1 #jacccccccpot

7. I dont c anything rong wit Jims riting

8. Walter Sobchak

June 18, 2014 at 11:53 am

Why the hell would they take Exum when they have MCW? They’d be trading MCW in that scenario, correct? That really doesn’t make sense.

Wiggins and Randle would be FILTHY.

9. I would like the sixers to draft wiggins and young. I think a backcourt of mcw young and wiggins would give defenders nightmares.

Another move is trade thad and some seconds for the 8th or 9th pick and get von gord or rand.

Projected lineup
    PG MCW
    SG Young
    SF Wiggins
    PF Gordon
    C Noel

10. Irish Girl From Caddyshack

June 18, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Tanks for nuttin!

11. Irish Girl From Caddyshack

June 18, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I’m going to have it, I’ve already decided!!

12. What you’ve just said… is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

13. A mock draft? That’s probably the only thing more meaningless that posts on Crossing Broad.

14. *whomever