– We all know how the press treats you in Philadelphia. What kind of relationship do you have with the fans?
– Normal. In Philadelphia, just fans. If you play well, they chant your name. If bad, they give it to understand their reaction.And with the reporters I’m not even going to establish contact, I did not mess up.
– You said that Philadelphia – a sports town. And the press itself prevents excessive pressure teams. Only the “Flyers” are affected by this or other teams too?
– Everyone. And the “Eagles” in college football, and “Phillies” in baseball. And in response to one explanation – “it’s Philadelphia.”
– Who are the partners in “Philadelphia,” the most interesting man?
– According to the Swedish mentality is closer to me. Great guy Jakub Voracek, Zach Rinaldo, Wayne Simmonds.
– When a person first appears in Philadelphia, where the advise to go? Your favorite place in town?
– I live in New Jersey and come to Philadelphia only to play and exercise. No reason to not try to go ride. I have lived in Philadelphia and a half months before we bought the house. I do not really like that sort of town. Me and New York do not like. A big, bustling city with a grim gateways. Philadelphia is the same. But Boston, Vancouver and Dallas – are quite different.These newer, cleaner – there I like. I do not like old age. I love the story, but not in all. So we drove through New Jersey, chose the house. We go into one, realtors say, “Wow, this house 87 years, this is a story!” So what is his story? Well, someone has lived here, he died. Then what? You walk into the house, and there smells of mildew and old age. Americans like it, but let me something new.
– Attractions in Philadelphia is still the same?
– The main attractions I looked. Mint, where money is printed, the house Betsy Rose, who sewed the first American flag bell. Has visited the museum of “Titanic.” There are several museums in the city, but not memorized them.
– Is New York is not a modern city?
– Skyscrapers in Philadelphia is. Here is New York – outside all nice shops, shop windows, gloss. And you will roll into the alley and you see that? Old age and dirt.
– There are enough of them. This is not a small part of the city. Too many do not work, live on welfare and get food stamps for. They just do not want to work. Their principle is: “Why should I work when I can live, let them raise taxes on the rich, which are injected. I’ll sit on the dole, the year I will get it here, then move to another state – start getting there. Why do I Brokeback ? There will come a new candidate who has promised us all. us such a lot of on the dole, we vote for him, and raise taxes on the rich. ” It’s not even my opinion, and many Americans, with whom I spoke on this topic.
– People are afraid to call in the ghetto and try to get his side?
– Of course, it is best to avoid. I once drove there. I was driving and I thought, “What am I doing here? Hurry to get out on the highway. How did I get here?”
UPDATE: Better translation from Dmitry Chesnokov of Bryz on Stalin:
Stalin is a very controversial figure. How do you feel about him?
“Positive. I see logic in his action. Not without going too far, of course. But he came to power in a country that had just lived through a revolution. There were so many spies, enemies, traitors there. A lot of people still had guns after the civil war. The country was in ruins, [people] needed to survive somehow. The country needed to be rebuilt, and in order to do that it needed to be held in iron hands. Then WWII began. A lot of people came back from that war with guns as well. There was devastation all around, the country had to be rebuilt, had to be able to defend itself. There were so many criminals.”
Stalin took Russia in with a wooden plow and left it with nuclear weapons.
“Yes, he knew what he was doing. He is described as a ‘bloody tyrant.’ But at the time it couldn’t be any other way. Yes, there were innocent people who were victims of repressions… But it happens. Not long ago in the US a person was released from prison, who spent 45 years there. It turned out he was innocent. Can you imagine, a person spent his entire life in jail for something he didn’t do.”
Somewhere, Ed Snider just shit his pants. And he doesn’t even know it yet.