The Bucs and Panthers will square off tonight in the second Thursday Night Football matchup of the season, and there’s plenty of enticing betting options and specials available on this game at FanDuel Sportsbook.
Whatever happens, here’s hoping we see a little bit more action at Raymond James Stadium tonight than we saw between the Bears and Packers last week.
Bucs-Panthers Odds at FanDuel Sportsbook
|Bucs||+7 (-120)||+250||O 49.5 (+100)|
|Panthers||-7 (+100)||-300||U 49.5 (-120)|
Some sportsbooks have priced Carolina as a 6.5-point favorite, but the spread has held steady at -7 with FanDuel leading up to kickoff.
FanDuel’s NFL 1st TD Bonus
Bet at least $25 on any player to score the first touchdown in tonight’s game, and FanDuel will give you a $5 bonus every time that player’s team scores a touchdown.
Bucs-Panthers Betting Trends
If you’re thinking about playing Tampa Bay tonight, there’s some good news. Consider the following:
- The Buccaneers are 7-1-1 ATS over their last nine games when coming off a double digit home loss. They dropped their season opener last week to the 49ers at Raymond James Stadium by a 31-17 final.
- Jameis Winston has a stellar 7-3-1 ATS record when his team is an underdog of seven or more points.
- Cam Newton is only 1-6 ATS in Thursday night games. Yikes.
Meanwhile, there are some solid trends that support a play on the home team:
- The Bucs are 0-5 ATS over their last five Thursday night games.
- Newton has been excellent after losses, going 17-7-1 ATS.
- Newton has had the head-to-head advantage over Winston, covering in four of the six meetings between the two.
Bucs-Panthers Player Props
There are a couple of player props I’m looking at in this one involving the two quarterbacks.
Cam Newton Over/Under 259.6 passing yards
The under (-134) is juiced-up and for good reason:
- In 26 career September starts, he’s averaging only 241.3 passing yards per game.
- In eight career Thursday games, he’s averaging only 201.9 passing yards per game.
- In 13 games against Tampa Bay, he’s averaging only 225.3 passing yards per game.
Tampa Bay’s pass defense allowed the seventh-most yards per game last season (259.4), but did hold Jimmy Garappolo to only 166 yards in Week 1. I like the under.
Cam Newton Over/Under 22.5 rushing yards
The price is -112 on both sides of this prop.
Cam Newton was a non-factor running the football last week, and while I’m sure the Panthers want to limit the punishment Newton takes as he ages, they can’t afford to eliminate such a valuable skill-set.
Newton averages 32.2 rushing yards per game in September, 35.8 rushing yards per game in Thursday games, and 39.2 rushing yards per game throughout his career against the Bucs. I’ll grab the over.
Jameis Winston Over/Under 1.5 touchdown passes
The over is juiced up at -142, but I like it for a few reasons.
Winston has tossed at least two touchdowns in five of his last eight starts. In the three games Winston threw just a single touchdown pass as he did last week against the 49ers, he rebounded with multi-touchdown games the following week. Carolina’s pass defense held Jared Goff in check last week, but head coach Bruce Arians will look for ways to get his quarterback going tonight.
Bucs-Panthers Odds Boost at FanDuel Sportsbook
FanDuel is offering a spread/total points parlay odds boost on the Panthers -6.5 and over 49.5 points. The +260 payout has been boosted to +300.
$500 Risk Free Bet
Still going and likely will be going into football season, new FanDuel Sportsbook users in PA can claim a $500 risk-free bet when they sign up.
FanDuel is running a cross-sport parlay insurance promo. Here’s how it works, with verbiage from their site:
Welcome to the Parlay Insurance promotion (the “Promotion”), where participants who place a four-leg or more straight parlay bet, and all but one leg wins, will receive a site credit equal to the amount of their wager, up to Twenty Five Dollars ($25) (“Promotion Bonus”) if their bet loses.