Photos via Redditororororororor Barch88
The caption on that photo: “Was out at a bar on Sunday, saw this guy with no boot dancing around.”
Not even gonna call out Embiid for going full Bynum here (you never go full Bynum!). Rather, let’s call attention to that customized Chelsea kit. There has to be a line somewhere in every professional sports contract that once you accept payment for playing a game, you’re thereby not allowed to wear any jersey in public – your own or otherwise – and especially customized jerseys with your own name on them, and especially when they’re Chelsea kits. Yuck. What, were they out of his size in Liverpool?
UPDATE: Big weekend for Embiid:
This would… almost appear to be good news. Or his foot fell off.
Just in case, I’m co-™-ing Sixers Skyline™ with reader Dave (@TheGrapevine120).
WHO ARE YOU?!
I gotta say, for as boring as he looks, the first few days of the Okafor era have been off the charts. First we had his hype-ass father, then a positively absurd controversy, and now we have this rather saucy but probably not real story about a subpar sexual encounter with the Sixers rookie.
Black Sports Online found Tweets from a woman supposedly named Chanel (@QueenChanelK) – the account has 16k Twitter followers – who claims to have had a recent(?) encounter with Okafor that was, well, less than desirable. Her mini Twitter rant is after the jump. Fair warning: it’s graphic. Continue reading
So not only was there a table underneath the jersey, but Okafor actually made the perfect fold. CBS Philly captured the original video, and last night, Kevin Kinkead of CBS posted a raw version. View it after the jump. Our bad, Jahlil.
Side note: If the Sixers’ new media people are as smart as I think they are, they’ll own this with a web parody of Jahlil walking around just dropping things in the locker room, kicking the mascot, reading alt-history of the Revolutionary War, etc. This one’s a… layup.
HINKIE, YOU DEEP-VOICED SON OF A BITCH, YOU DID IT!
According to a report from Keith Pompey of the Inquirer, the Sixers were forced to pay the Pelicans $3 million last season for not disclosing a stress fracture in Jrue Holiday’s foot before trading him:
The sources said Holiday played with stress fractures in his lower right leg during his final season with the Sixers. However, the sources said, those injures weren’t fully disclosed to the Pelicans.
Sixers general manager Sam Hinkie declined to comment, but a Sixers team source disputed the allegation.
“That’s not true,” the Sixers source said.
It seems odd that the team would deny it if it was actually true, so maybe there’s a little more to this. But assuming there’s something to the report, here would be yet another reason why the NBA community might be turning on the Sixers.
Pompey also reports that the Sixers are seeking a similar payment from the Lakers for selling them used pile of goods and afro Andrew Bynum.
Together we build, excruciatingly.
The new Sixers uniforms feature styling elements that evoke the team’s incredible history and the stars nod to a longstanding tradi… hey Jahlil, pick that up!
I’ve seen sullied hotel towels discarded with more care.
UPDATE: Perhaps this is all much ado about nothing. As Reddit, Deadspin, SB Nation, us, and just about everywhere else posted the Vine-video-GIF (after the jump) of Jahlil Okafor dropping his jersey on the floor, Sixers social media man Max Rappaport pointed out that there was indeed a table there: Continue reading
After this morning’s press conference, Sam Hinkie took his surprisingly deep radio voice to Mike Missanelli for a more one-on-one breakdown of Embiid, Okafor, and the future. As with the presser earlier, here are some brief notes on the mystic Sam Hinkie:
- He spoke very briefly to the Lakers about moving up to the #2 pick.
- On being smart: “We try to apply our brain to no-brainers.” “Try not to outsmart yourself.”
- The draft is the time to acquire talent, not worry about matching up players to need.
- Many teams have made many mistakes trying to select the player to slot in.
- Don’t want to miss an opportunity to get a great player.
- Said he’s fortunate to have Noel, Embiid, and Okafor, all consensus #1 picks at one time.
- Said if you told him in November he’d have Okafor, he’d say “What happened? What transpired that we got him?”
- There were dozens and dozens of articles written saying eight or so guys were their target. There can only be one target.
- If they had Mudiay ranked in their top three, they would have picked him.
- Hinkie refused to rule out offering someone a max contract in free agency.
- “If we can gain access to them, why wouldn’t we be after the best basketball players in the world.”
- “I think all options are on the table” with Embiid injury.
- You aren’t talking about just playing Embiid now, these are “serious matters for his life and basketball career.”
- How do no leaks get out of the front office? “We might have way more alignment internally to our mission than you think.”
- When Mike Miss asked if he’s got the people there drinking some special tea, Hinkie said it’s a lot of coffee and bottled water, and they’ve had Chick-fil-A cater twice in the last ten days. “It’s much less sexy.”
Overall, great interview. Audio here.
Oh yeah, the Bynum is strong with this one. Continue reading