This is Why Boston Sucks

Kyle - May 3, 2010

Never-date-a-flyers-fan-even-if-she-shaves-her-mustache-bruins-ad

This is an actual billboard ad sent out by the Boston Bruins located outside TD Banknorth Garden (courtesy of massholesports.com at this post.)  All I can do is give them the middle finger on behalf of Philadelphia. I hope the Flyers kick their asses anyway, but this is just more motivation to HATE BOSTON (if "Red Sox Nation" wasn't enough.)

Let's do something fun. Post your billboard ideas at the bottom in the comments section, and just like the Bruins, we can be as unprofessional as we want. Or, you can use twitter and send to me @TheGons45. If I get enough good responses, I'll put together a post of our billboards.

Go Flyers tonight!

• Mark Whited May 3, 2010 at 4:06 pm

How about a sign that says “We only serve English speaking citizens. Sorry Boston, looks like you’re out of luck.” I like this one, because it seems as though the people of Boston speak an entirely different language.

• Adam Gonsiewski May 3, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Haha! My roommate said “Never date a Boston fan. Even if she shaves her moustache, its not the worst of your problems.”

• Kevin Alan May 3, 2010 at 4:17 pm

I think the billboard is quite funny, and Philadelphia is no one to complain about a comment like that, which makes us awesome cuz we can just laugh at it, and dish it right back even worse. Im sure they just have their panties all up in a bunch because we won the cup in the 70’s, but i think a simple billboard for us could read as follows
    “never, ever date a bruins fan, because shaving her moustache will be the least of your problems.”

• Matthew H. May 3, 2010 at 4:49 pm

What the billboard shoulsd say…..

• Matthew H. May 3, 2010 at 5:11 pm

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/p_q/Untitled-2.jpg And another.

• Jim C May 3, 2010 at 5:22 pm

They’re fakes! Both photos are the exact same except for the captions. Each has 13 “thin” bars, a thick one, then nine more thin ones from left to right on the barricade. The yellow and black reflection on the surface is the same in each. There’s some sort of figure on the left side of each photo, and the ground is wet in the same place in each photo. Never mind the fact that a team would have to be crazy to use any sexual connotation for their billboards, but the second one is misspelled at that! I don’t know who is responsible for what appear to be the doctored/altered photographs, of course, but I’m convinced they’re fakes, and that the Bruins clearly had nothing to do with them.

• Adam Gonsiewski May 3, 2010 at 5:50 pm

The ones Matt just put up are definitely fakes, and funny. The original post is the real one, though I haven’t seen it with my own two eyes and I’m no expert in billboardology.

• Doiknowu97 May 3, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Never date a bruins fan, because you’ll end finding out she has a penis.

• John Bobman May 3, 2010 at 8:33 pm

He never said they were real, he said what it should say.

• John Bobman May 3, 2010 at 8:36 pm

If you would just read it you would understand it…

• Matthew H. May 3, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Haha, god people….. I KNOW THEY’RE FAKE THE POST SAID TO POST YOUR OWN!!!!!!!! And my comment clearly said “What it should say” And what in the hell do you think is spelled wrong Jim C.? I don’t see it……

• Philly May 3, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Jim C must be from Boston, crying like such a little Boston bitch….

• Lucic17 May 4, 2010 at 6:54 am

Confirmed the billboard is outside north station between the garden and the t

• Casey LeFever May 4, 2010 at 2:32 pm

What’s spelled wrong is “Heterosexual”, not “Hetrosexual.” But still funny

• Matthew H. May 7, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Ahhh dammit I totally missed that! Thanks for pointing that out for me Casey, I kept looking at everything BUT that!

• Tony S. May 10, 2010 at 6:16 pm

I don’t care much about hockey at all, but all I can say is that the Red Sox really super suck! Can you say Yankees 10, Red Sox 3? And can you say Yankees 14, Red Sox 3? I just love it when I hear those ignorant Boston fans chanting in the stands “Yankees Suck, Yankees Suck!” They are just jealous because they have such minor league type of cry baby players. They’re just sore losers!

• Phils fan in somerville May 20, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Philly fan up here in the Boston area. They actually had a real good ad campaign last year – some good videos on youtube, making fun of Bruins fans that weren’t as serious as they should be –
    Leaving Early

Tucking Jersey in

Dating another team’s fan

On Cell Phone

• replica christian louboutin November 12, 2010 at 4:20 am

*An appreciation of learning, is a study in good faith.

• Air Jordan shoes November 16, 2010 at 10:17 pm