Mets Fan Announces Game, Proves How Awful NY Accent Is

Through the "kids call the inning" contest, a Mets fan got to announce the third inning of last night's game.  And what do you know, David Wright hit a home run for the vowel challenged Kara Ann.

Ahh the New York accent, it's like the bastard child of New Jersey and Boston.

H/T to writer Christian Rivera.

• Monica July 31, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I feel something dripping out of my ears.. yup, they’re bleeding.

• Christian Rivera July 31, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I’m pretty sure she’s Jewish and has a giant “schnozzle”<--I'm pretty sure that's Jewish for nose. "It's a high-fly bawwwwll" Turrible, just turrible.

• Colin July 31, 2010 at 12:13 pm

my. soul. hurts.

• Ravage790 July 31, 2010 at 12:20 pm

yike…just yikes…new york…you just got dudebusted

• Brian July 31, 2010 at 12:24 pm

New Jersey doesn’t have an accent, sir. North Jersey people sound like New Yorkers, South Jersey people have that Philadelphia speech impediment and Central Jersey? Well, we pronounce things correctly.

• Murph July 31, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Christian, you’re a douche. She’s just as easily 100% Italian or Irish. Having lived in NY for 8 years, those accents are not discriminatory.
    Which is far more than I can say for yourself.

• Jenna July 31, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Relax, Murph. One of his best friends is a jewish girl. 🙂
    Besides, I think the three accents of New Jersey/New York/ Philadelphia are all cringe-worthy and rather annoying.

• boognish August 1, 2010 at 8:39 am

Not only is her voice heinous and should never again be heard by anyone or anything, she got to call a Muts home run, which in and of itself, is far more annoying than any accent or impediment. The Muts are terrible and their fans, even worse. By the way, Murph, lose the “self” in that last statement. You’re trying to insult someone while using terrible grammar, in which case you’ve only insulted yourself. See how I switched that around?

• Christian Rivera August 1, 2010 at 6:44 pm

Hey! hey! hey! I don’t discriminate. No one is safe. Italian, Jewish, Irish, Arabic…the point is that her voice makes you want to stab yourself in the eye.

• Nike Dunk High September 14, 2010 at 8:31 pm

I really loved the top quality information you present for your guests for this blog. I come here all the time and am really pleased along with your updates. I could not detect this kind of dissertation concept in Internet and wished to obtain the thesis. This blog site is valuvable for me.

• Nike Dunk High September 14, 2010 at 8:31 pm

• dametsfan5 April 2, 2013 at 12:59 am

listen I know how very well and this will be reported!