Your Morning Carts: What if Chase Was Just Like Jeff?

Jeff_carter_jet_ski

We'd be fucked.

If you read this site often, you know we enjoy calling out Jeff Carter for his partying ways– today will be no different.

Maybe if Jeff spent a little less time doing this

Jeff_carter_foot

and a little more time actually recovering during the Flyers' Stanely Cup run, he would have been able to lift the puck more than six inches off the ice to score the winning goal in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

Let's compare.  Chase Utley while on the DL in midseason:  [MLB.com]

"Yeah, I might be back before eight weeks," he said. "Obviously, knowing that I've come back from an injury before and I've been successful, yeah, that's good to know. I'm going to do everything that I'm allowed to do, up until the point that I play, in being ready. Once this [cast] comes off, I'll be able to take ground balls. Obviously, keep this [hand] out of the way. The only thing I won't be able to do is throw or hit. I'm going to try to stay in shape as best I can."

Jeff Carter, attempting a return to lead his team to the promised land:  manjobs

Jeff_carter_reach

And nothing helps heal a broken foot faster than a pair of True Religion jeans:

Jeff_carter_true_religion

Seriously, I'm beginning to question his sexuality.  What douchebag friend even took this picture?

"Hey, would you mind taking a homo-erotic picture of John Leguizamo pushing me around while I buy True Religion jeans with my broken foot?"

"Sure, brah!"

See more of his douchy friends tomorrow.

Thanks to our friends of at PhillySportsForums.com for sending these pics along.  Check out their boards.

• rick July 7, 2010 at 11:10 am

Carter does get it.

• george July 7, 2010 at 12:00 pm

I remember Jeff Carter coming back early from TWO broken feet to play in the playoffs. He gives a damn that he has fun in the summer.

• Kyle Scott July 7, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Do you give a damn that he was woefully out of shape when he came back and drank through his rehab?

• Ian July 7, 2010 at 1:44 pm

Jeff Carter is my GOD!

• vingio July 7, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Man, are we ever tough on our sports stars. The guy has embraced Philly to the point where he is basically one of us drinking and partying all summer in Avalon and Sea Isle, yet we are RIPPING him? And none of those pics show him actually with a drink in hand during his rehab. Let’s see what the guy does this year if healthy and THRN we can throw him under the bus if he F’s up.

• Joe Popoleo July 7, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Everyday you bash carter for slamming drinks with his friends and sexy women. He is living the dream, chill BRAAHHH

• Bob July 7, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Trade him. He’s done here.

• Doc July 7, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Yo Vingio,
    2nd pic, beer in right hand.

• Candy July 7, 2010 at 8:55 pm

i didn’t see him actually walking around…he’s sitting in all the pics, so if u can show me a pic where he is really doing strenous work then i will say what a tool, until then, who says u have to sit in bed all day and be bored out of ur mind while u wait for broken body parts to heal?

• Ryne July 7, 2010 at 9:00 pm

The second pic looks to be photoshopped, and not even well.

• Ryne July 7, 2010 at 9:01 pm

I take what I said about it being poorly done back considering I couldn’t do better. But it’s still fake.

• HITZ July 7, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Except for a few, you might be the most retarded Flyers fans ever. Jeff Carter is a partier, not a hockey player, get that straight and stop sucking his dick. If you like him so much, follow his career elsewhere. Secondly, if you had HALF a fucking brain, you would know that Carter has tallied a whopping 19 playoff points in 41 games. Don’t give me that “he’s injured” shit, fuck that, you’re a hockey player, not a badminton player. And, lastly, to get borderline scientific on you Jeff Carter dick sucking fans, drinking LOWERS your testosterone. Doing nothing + drinking = lowering it SEVERELY. I say SEVERELY because he’s in the fucking NHL, not KHL, AHL, ECHL..etc, the NHL. You need to be a manbearpig war horse at all times. Especially a player of his “caliber”. Lowering your testosterone slows your healing down significantly and the measure that you recover is drastically reduced. He’s a nobody that never was. If he plays for us next year I’d be surprised if he gets 45 points. And for the record, he only scores goals because he shoots every time he gets the puck, I think anyone on the team would have that many goals if they shot as much as he does. Giroux = 21 playoff points in 23 games. I rest my case. Fuck Jeff Carter.

• Devon Stein July 7, 2010 at 11:51 pm

jeff is awesome. idc what you say. first of all he broke his foot twice. and still came back. SO F U

• Cheez-it July 8, 2010 at 9:09 am

Ok ryne-o, clearly not Photoshop, thanks bye.

• NickFromGermantown July 8, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Wow, that’s hilarious and sad at the same time.

• Nike Shox Turbo September 19, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Nothing is easier than to deceive one’s self. (Demothenes, Ancient Greek statesman)

• mike milbury October 16, 2014 at 9:32 am

jeff carter will win two stanley cups before the flyers even get to the finals. book it. sorry.