And They Did It to Broxton Again!

Chooch_walk_off

I was at the Phillies game tonight to interview a couple guys who are seeing 30 ballparks in 30 days (full post coming tomorrow).  When the interview was over around the 7th inning, I decided to grab one of the many empty seats left from folks who had departed early.  You never leave a baseball game early.

I have been to hundreds of them.  I've seen a no-hitter, a cycle, a triple play, a World Series, and an All-Star game.  Two things I've never seen?  An inside the park home run and a bench clearning brawl.  Back when I was young, I left a game early with my father and immediately after Juan Bell hit an inside the park home run, which was followed by a bench clearing brawl.

I no longer leave games early.

Good thing, because tonight, the Phils did it to Broxton again.

First hand video after the jump.

Seizure warning at the :15 mark.

• Iron Balls McGinty August 12, 2010 at 11:20 pm

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH!
    (Heheheh, I “Googled” “Chooch”!)

• matt August 13, 2010 at 1:04 am

choooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooch!

• Gonzo August 13, 2010 at 1:19 am

w00t!

• lafferty daniel August 13, 2010 at 1:56 am

THEY’VE DONE IT TO BROXTON AGAIN!!!!!

• Brian August 13, 2010 at 7:01 am

Great win, great post Kyle.

• Barb August 13, 2010 at 8:29 am

It’s not over till it’s over! The Phils just keep on fighting which is so great to see. That Chooch, man, he’s something else. Love it!

• Muscles August 13, 2010 at 8:37 am

my head hurts and I have no voice, but this is exactly why I never leave a game early! HOPE YOU HAD FUN BEATING THE TRAFFIC PUSSIES!

• John E. August 13, 2010 at 9:50 am

Exactly…never leave a baseball game early. There is no time limit in baseball. In football if your team is down 21 pts with 2 mins to go, you can probably safely leave and only miss kneel downs or a garbage time prevent def TD for the trailing team. Same with basketball and hockey…a blowout near the end will remain a blowout.
    Broxton is going to need therapy before facing the Phils again after Game 4 of the NLCS last season and now this.

• Iron Balls McGinty August 13, 2010 at 10:07 am

Very shaky video Kyle.
    Looks like you have some sort of neuromuscular disease? Maybe you should go see a specialist.

• Jeannette R. August 13, 2010 at 10:57 am

OMG!! Just amazing! I never give up on the Phillies and I was surprised I didn’t wake my sleeping kids I was screaming and freaking out so much!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!

• Emily August 13, 2010 at 1:04 pm