Toronto Fans Throw Waffles at Players

Kyle Scott - December 10, 2010

Maple_leafs_waffles

Move over, batteries.  Last night, Canadians introduced us to a new projectile weapon: Waffles.

This next part is going to be drenched in thick, syrupy puns- we're warning you now.

After the Flyers toasted the Leafs of Maple, Toronto fans displayed their hunger for victory by flipping waffles onto the buttery playing surface.  Hey!  Leggo of our shtick, only us Philly fans are allowed to burn our fresh image by tossing objects at players.

Phew, what just happened?  We're back.

The Toronto Sun has the story, including a quote from Prongs and the douchebag spelling of "defense."

When the final horn sounded at the conclusion of the game between the Maple Leafs and Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday night at the Air Canada Centre, a pile of waffles was thrown on to the ice, with one of them hitting the stick of Leafs defenceman Francois Beauchemin.

"Who brings waffles to the game?" a bemused Chris Pronger, the Flyers defenceman, said afterward.

Beauchemin brushed off the breakfast food attack.

"I didn't see what it was," Beauchemin said. "Something came to my stick. The way we're playing, it is frustrating for everybody."

Crappy local news video after the jump.

H/T to Ed Miller for the heads up

• EEB December 10, 2010 at 11:21 am

Wait just a minute, this has got to be a misunderstanding or something…booing your team and throwing things only happens in Philly.

• Leanne December 10, 2010 at 11:56 am

The same thought crossed my mind that Pronger spoke, who really does bring waffles to a hockey game?!

• md10 December 10, 2010 at 12:25 pm

lol, that’s pretty damn funny. Crazy Canadian’s.

• josh December 10, 2010 at 12:53 pm

phucking nuts

• Clemsongregs December 10, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Curious what went through the fans minds that made them think that their best option was waffles. I guess if they were still frozen they could fling them like frisbees onto the ice.

• Aaron December 10, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Waffles……seriously? Waffles, Canadians really are retarded!

• Aaron December 10, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Correction to my above statements….Maple Leaf fans are retarded, not ALL Canadians…haha!

• canadian smart ass December 10, 2010 at 2:42 pm

douche bag, americans are retarded.

• Woodrow December 12, 2010 at 11:06 am

Douchebag spelling of defence?? The only douchebag around here is the guy that wrote this article.

• Canadian Basher December 13, 2010 at 10:20 am

Makes sense coming from a team with a gramatically incorrect name.

• G-Star December 13, 2010 at 10:35 am

Defence is spelt in Canada with the “c”… Douchebag Americans have been spelling it wrong forever with the “s” (seriously… how the f does the s make sense)

• Coach Factory Store January 25, 2011 at 8:09 pm

This great wisdom is obtained from indifference, loneness, vacancy and non-action, no matter how simple and plain a life we have, the bottom line is that we have to keep alive!

• Cheap Coach Bags February 24, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Convincing professional men to spend their free hours reading a magazine is not easy – particularly in the age of the internet!

• cheap coach bags March 2, 2011 at 2:53 am

Flowers portray love, happiness, joy and all the other positive emotions.

• Royal June 30, 2013 at 4:07 am

Having read this I believed it was really informative. I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put this informative article together. I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worth it!

• Lilian July 5, 2013 at 11:08 am

Definitely consider that that you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be at the internet the simplest thing to remember of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while other people think about issues that they just don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and outlined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thanks

• Juli July 19, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Have you ever thought about publishing an ebook or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog based on the same topics you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

• オークリー 激安 July 25, 2013 at 1:52 am

If you desire to obtain a great deal from this paragraph then you have to apply these techniques to your won web site.

• Preston August 7, 2013 at 4:25 pm

You actually reported it adequately!

• test-paper.info June 4, 2014 at 7:47 am

An internet search in Google brought me to your page and I am
    really glad I found it. This problem has been haunting me for months now.