Tony Bruno is Leaving 97.5 The Fanatic

Bruno_mayes

I just got a bunch of emails saying Tony Bruno announced he was leaving 97.5 The Fanatic today. I didn't hear it, but it is confirmed via his Facebook Page:

To all of my great friends who have been listening to 97.5 the Fanatic the last year and a half, I want you to know this has nothing to do with money, Mike Missanelli or any other factor or perception, other than scheduling and my crazy daily grind. Doing the radio show was fun every day with Harry, Nick, T Mac and all of the great people at the Fanatic. I will remain a big part of the station and don't want anyone to "blame" the station or anyone for MY decision to cut back. You can listen to the options and still realize that 97.5 sounds better, even without my regular daily 2 hour appearances. You will still hear and see me around all of the time, so just relax and enjoy life like I try to do every day. Love you guys! tb

So there you have it…

Bruno obviously has a nationally syndicated evening show, Into The Night with Tony Bruno, and, by all accounts, has split his time over the last year between California and Philadelphia.

From a personal perspective, Bruno's pipes will be missed in the afternoons. I have been running this site for about a year and a half, and the first time I heard it mentioned on the radio was by TB early last summer. For someone trying to legitimize a sports blog, hearing it mentioned for the first time – especially by a guy like Bruno –  is an indescribable feeling. So, for that, here's a grammatical roaring round of applause for Tony.

• Mmuoio May 27, 2011 at 3:51 pm

My first thought was Mike Missanelli. He can be such a douche and disguise it as being a sports radio jockey. He rails on people for being dead set in their opinions but then won’t waver on his own regardless of the argument. I never understood why he had to be such a prick to Bruno every chance he had, but I wouldn’t want to stand for that myself.
    Anyways, Bruno will be missed.

• Bob May 27, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Missanelli = whiny douche

• John Doe May 27, 2011 at 4:20 pm

From an insider: it was definitely his decision. sent an email to all of us

• Luke May 27, 2011 at 4:27 pm

who cares? Does this mean baldy and mays roll from 10-2? upgrade.

• J.T. May 27, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Hey Kyle,
    Did Towanna tell you that?!

• Luke May 27, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Im going to miss hearing that 40 times a day, along with every other drop you were guaranteed to hear within 5 minutes of tuning in.

• Chris May 27, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Definitely wasn’t the most informative or conversational sports show but it was damn entertaining. Into the night…

• Kyle Scott May 27, 2011 at 5:40 pm

JT? Who? Or did I just walk into something?

• Chris May 27, 2011 at 5:58 pm

That show was great, im going to miss it big time

• STEVIE SKILLZ May 27, 2011 at 7:40 pm

harry mayes will be exposed again…his days are numbered…he cant carry his own opinion, always goes with the flow of the show.
    I WANT A BOWA AND RICKY BO SHOW…

• eric May 27, 2011 at 8:20 pm

you mean I won’t have to hear “FOUR!” every two seconds in the afternoon? I’m okay with that. Love TB, but man that got old.

• chris May 27, 2011 at 9:42 pm

It’s an outrage!!

• joe May 27, 2011 at 10:05 pm

OH NO. does this mean no more whaddup wednesdays ?!?!

• NickFromGermantown May 28, 2011 at 2:35 am

I do not find The Fan to be insightful at all from when I have listened. Haters gonna hate, but WIP – as abrasive as they are – has many more analysts that are much more insightful than The Fan. I feel like The Fan relies on just entertaining people. It’s very boring to me.

• horseface Hughes May 28, 2011 at 7:55 am

can I get a bump bump ba bump

• Bonner May 28, 2011 at 10:38 pm

TB is really taking over for Oprah.

• wes May 30, 2011 at 12:30 am

It won’t be fun to listen with out Bruno.
    Wes from new castle De.

• Kyle May 30, 2011 at 2:37 am

@nick from germantown…wow. 1st of all its the fanatic not the fan. the fan is in ny. 2nd, the fanatic has it all, comedy and pop culture from 12-2 w/ bruno then hard hitting issues with mike miss 2-6. i can’t possibly see how you would rather listen to the knuckle heads on that other station. in the the name of of tony bruno, give this man a bum bum ba bummm

• Iron Balls McGinty May 30, 2011 at 3:37 pm

“For someone trying to legitimize a sports blog, hearing it mentioned for the first time – especially by a guy like Bruno – is an indescribable feeling.”
    Translation:
    “My panocha is weeping over this Bruno guy leaving. Waaaaaaaah!”
    Hahahahahahah

• Christian Louboutin Shoes June 1, 2011 at 2:14 am

can I get a bump bump ba bump

• Bill June 1, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I lived in DC for 10 years and had the pleasure of listening to Tony’s old Fox show for a long time. When I moved to Malvern, I felt lucky to have him on local radio, to add national perspective to local curmudgeons like Eskin and Mikey Miss. I have met Tony personally on several occasions and he has always been friendly and accommodating. I wish him nothing but the best. Local radio is losing a good guy.

• DK June 3, 2011 at 10:46 am

Wow. Did you really say you’d rather listen to the 24 hour Eagle pre-game show that WIP is than The Fanatic? Bad Call.

• KP June 3, 2011 at 3:42 pm

I am very sad to hear Tony is gone. I didn’t listen to him for his sports analysis. I listened to him because he was hysterical and he doesn’t take himself to seriously unlike all the other so called experts.
    I’ll especially miss the emotional rants all about nothing, very funny.

• DEREK June 26, 2014 at 4:01 pm

YOU CAN HAVE HIM ALL TO YOURSELF,

• bang December 8, 2013 at 6:48 pm

this sucks shit through a straw. fuck angelo cataldi right up his stupid fucking asshole

• Ken April 26, 2014 at 7:34 am

PLEASE please make this true in 2014. This guy is the worst radio personality I ever heard. That idiot Mayes isn’t far behind. Horrible radio.

• DEREK June 26, 2014 at 3:59 pm

MISSANELLI IS ALOT WERSE THAN THEM, I CAN LISTEN TO HARRY ATLEAST

• DEREK June 26, 2014 at 3:48 pm

GREAT!!!!!!! NOW WE CAN GET BACK TO REAL SPORTS TALK AND NOT THE COMEDY SHOW!!!!!! NOW ALL THATS LEFT IS GETTING RID OF THAT ARROGANT D-BAG MIKE MISSANELLI, WHEN HE IS GONE I WILL LISTEN TO 97,5 AGAIN IF 97.5 SMART THEY HIRE MIKE BARKAAN AND ROB ELLIS FROM WIP THEY ARE THE OPPOSITE OF MISSANELLI AND BRUNO,

• DEREK June 26, 2014 at 3:57 pm

I ACTUALLY BELIEVE BRUNO, MISSANELLI, PAUL JOLLOWITZ, ANGELO CATTALDI, AND THE CUZ, ARE NOT ONLY THE MOST CLUELESS SPORTS TALK HOSTS BUT ALSO THE MOST ANNOYING IN THE COUNTRY THEY ARE ALL BRUTALL THEY ARE ALL JUST SO UNLISTENABLE, AND BRING NOTHING 2 THE TABLE THEY MUST ALL HAVE PICTURES OF SOMEONE VERY IMPORTANT

• Matt June 30, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Mike Miss couldn’t hold Bruno’s jock strap. They wanted Bruno to do 4 hours but he couldn’t do it due to his other commitments. If Tony wanted Mike’s drive time spot he could of had it in a heartbeat & that’s why Mike was so defensive & insecure towards Tony. Mike’s a mental case & a ticking time bomb & he’ll self implode eventually; always has & always will. As far as WIP their hosts are TERRIBLE just flat out TERRIBLE!!! That being said 97.5 isn’t much better.

• bwr22222@yahoo.com July 1, 2014 at 12:32 pm

I agree Mike Miss is a total douche bag. If you have a different opionion then him, you wrong and an idiot. The one guy is right Mike knew Bruno had it over him all day so he had to bust on Bruno any chance he got. And the other station don’t even get me started. Anthony G’s show is not bad but Reese and Mike are morons. Ike Reese is a stinkin Racist, and Mike is a Yes man!!! Plan and simple. Best of Luck Bruno!!!