– It's official, Dalton Pepper will take his 3-star talents to Temple.
– Ryan Howard apparently shot a new Subway commercial at PNC Park today. That's good, because there is NOTHING TO DO IN PITTSBURGH.
– A band called "The Baseball Project" will be performing at North Star Bar on Monday, June 6th. Ever hear of REM? Sure you have. Well, a few of those guys got together and formed a band that sings about, you guessed it, baseball. We have a couple of free tickets to see the show.
Want them? Send an email to crossingbroad [at] yahoo [dot] com. Include your name and age (21+). We'll choose a winner at random. The tickets will be waiting for you at will call on Monday.
Prior to the event, which begins at 8 P.M., the group will be singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame at the Phillies.
You can find out more info about the event here.
– Finally, completely un-sports related, CB reader Sara sends along her site, FreshAir.org. Essentially, they are looking for host families (two week time period) to give inner city kids a chance to experience the suburbs, outdoors, and "fresh air." More details here if you want to help. Be, like, a mentor, yo.
– And that concludes this portion of what is, apparently, the week in which nothing happens in local sports.
Hmm! Methinks I’ll dine at Subway today! Thanks for steering me in that direction, Ryan!
Comments are closed.