NBC Makes Winter Classic Official

Butt slap to Fang's Bites for the 2011-2012 NHL on NBC schedule, which has the Flyers and Rangers scheduled for 1 P.M. on January 2nd. That'd be the Winter Classic, folks.

Make sure to follow here, our category for all Winter Classic updates.

Full NHL on NBC and Versus schedules after the jump. The Flyers will play a total of 13 games on national TV. Owning the networks helps, yo.

DAY DATE VISITOR HOME EASTERN TIME LOCAL TIME NOTES
Sun. 4/1 Boston N.Y. Rangers 3:00 PM 3:00 PM NBC/VS Flex
Sun. 4/1 Philadelphia Pittsburgh 7:30 PM 7:30 PM NBC/VS Flex
Sat. 4/7 Buffalo Boston 3:00 PM 3:00 PM NBC/VS Flex
Sat. 4/7 Washington N.Y. Rangers 3:00 PM 3:00 PM NBC/VS Flex
Sat. 4/7 Philadelphia Pittsburgh 4:00 PM 4:00 PM NBC/VS Flex
Sat. 4/7 Chicago Detroit 4:00 PM 4:00 PM NBC/VS Flex

DAY DATE VISITOR HOME TIME (EST)
TV (US)
Thu. Oct. 6 Philadelphia Boston 7:00 PM VS
Wed. Nov. 2 Philadelphia Buffalo 7:30 PM VS
Wed. Nov. 9 Philadelphia Tampa Bay 7:30 PM VS
Wed. Dec. 7 Philadelphia Buffalo 7:30 PM VS
Wed. Dec. 21 Philadelphia Dallas 7:30 PM VS
Mon. Mar. 26 Tampa Bay Philadelphia 7:30 PM VS

20 Responses

1. Looks like they’re guaranteed 2 NBC games. The rest are flex with other games at the same time also being options.

2. 1. How to get tix.
    2. I predict 50 degrees and rain.
    3. I bet NBC was pissed Richards and Carter are gone.
    4. Was it HBO that followed the winter classic teams around last year? and will they do it again?

3. The games labelled “Flex” will still give priority to the team for the local market. So you’re OK if your in the local broadcasting market of the team you like.
    There’s Center Ice for those who don’t fit into that category, but I went to the NHL Game Center Live subscription since for many years Center Ice still had issues guaranteeing I’d see all games in HD.
    I use a Roku http://www.roku.com/ to watch NHL GCL on my HDTV (say that 10 times real fast) but the cavvyott is that NHL GCL (regardless on the viewing device) will blackout national games *live* if they are flex and I’m outside of the market (and thus can’t see it on NBC/VS/NHLN since they’ll give priority to the f*ckin panthers). However, they do put up a blacked-out broadcast for viewing once it has concluded. The good thing about that is that you can watch it like you DVR’d it, which is true for all archived games (I can go back now and watch the 2010 SCFs, as well as certain important games throughout the entire history of the Flyers; E.G. the 76 exhibition game against the Red Army). Actually they also put up both condensed games and game summarizes if you don’t want to do all the fast-forwarding on your own (like when the Flyers lose).

4. I can’t wait to use my Comcast owned cable TV to watch the Comcast owned Flyers play in the Winter Classic which will be aired on Comcast owned NBC. It’s a shame they won’t be playing in the Comcast owned Wells Fargo Center. If I go to the game, I will try to get my tickets on Comcast owned ComcastTix.com

5. If I were going to use Comcast owned ComcastTix.com, I’d access it via Clmcast owned Comcast Internet. If I had any issues, I’d call Comcast owned ComcastTix.com with my Comcast owned Comcast Digital Voice phone service.

6. As long as I am able to purchase tickets and not have to hope to get lucky with that stupid ass lottery!

7. 1pm on the 2nd? Perfect way for the NHL to continue to stay underground. #everyonewillbeatworkorschool.

8. I wonder if it will draw a bigger share in that time slot then Days Of Our Lives? Why not prime time?

9. Everyone should have off on 1/2 since New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day both fall on the weekend. Unless we get 12/30, which I doubt. NHL and NBC wouldn’t let that happen.

10. Rose Bowl only game that day at 4pm. Over by 7pm. Who here has off the 2nd? Not me. Many others.

Comments are closed.