Hunter Pence Has Patellar Tendinitis, Will Have MRI

Screen Shot 2011-09-20 at 11.15.16 PM

Goddammit. Just getting home from the Phillies game. I’m going to have to write just the facts and then step away from the computer, otherwise I’m going to rant on everything from the shitty ballpark service (that’s been getting progressively worse during 2011), Charlie Manuel leaving Cliff Lee in for 9,000 pitches tonight, and now this: Hunter Pence has patellar tendinitis. He will have a precautionary MRI tomorrow.

He told reporters he’s “had it forever” and it just “flared up a little.” That presumably happened in Tuesday’s first game against the Nationals, when Pence tried to leg out an infield single.

Patellar tendinitis was the same injury Chase Utley had in the spring, although his was coupled with “chondromalacia.” Pence’s doesn’t sound nearly as serious, and he expects to play tomorrow.

That’s it.

If you happen to be up late-night, I’ll be on the Big Daddy Graham show at 2:15 on 94 WIP…

• Adam September 21, 2011 at 8:25 am

Well FUCK ME… this cant be good

• Carlos September 21, 2011 at 8:58 am

Completely agree on the ballpark service. Aramark employees don’t give a shit about the customers and act like they couldn’t care less about their jobs.

• Lars September 21, 2011 at 9:35 am

Yeah, earlier in the season, my friend was told he had to stop drinking because he tripped on a power cord that was loose on the ground at Harry The K’s. This happened about 30 minutes after the “incident”. The obviously uneducated woman “bartender” there refused to give an explain why she wanted him gone initially. She just kept restating the following prophecy: “He’ll thank me later.”
    It’s been a few months now. My friend still hasn’t felt the need to thank the wretch.

• Lars September 21, 2011 at 9:39 am

BTW — Please expand on the aforementioned “progressively worse” ballpark service, Kyle. I’ve been surprisingly dissatisfied with it this season, and I’ve gotten the feeling that others feel the same way.

• Leadweights.wordpress.com September 21, 2011 at 10:15 am

Ahhh, the service… Just this season an employee yelled at my son because while in line he bumped an extension chord which turned off her cash register. First of all don’t yell at your customer or his children. Second of all, the one thing sticking out into the walk way for people to bump was the plug for the register. How stupid is that. Thirdly, for how much I paid for food these people should be delivering it to my seat for no god damned tip, and here I am waiting in line to have my son berated for bumping into what I think is a safety hazard. What if he put his fingers on it and got shocked? Aramark could definately do better hiring employees. What I see are a bunch of people that seem to hate me for god knows what reason. For the rest of the season I’m packing my own food. Eff them.

• Pete September 21, 2011 at 11:17 am

I haven’t really noticed any problems with the service at the park, except that they lowered the number of dollar dogs per order from 6 – 4.

• mac September 21, 2011 at 11:28 am

For christs sake. Can anybody in the organization get this kid to sit down for a few days ?

• mike September 21, 2011 at 11:48 am