Phillies NLDS Roster

Kyle Scott - September 30, 2011

Here's what they're rolling with.

Pitchers: Bastardo, Blanton, Halladay, Hamels, Kendrick, Lee, Lidge, Madson, Oswalt, Stutes, Worley.

Position players: Francisco, Gload, Howard, Ibanez, Martinez, Mayberry, Pence, Polanco, Rollins, Ruiz, Schneider, Utley, Valdez, Victorino.

Sounds like wins to me.

• Mikebiff September 30, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Yes, I know it probably wont matter, but Stutes over Herndon? Since beginning of July, Herndon has a 2.12 ERA. Stutes- 4.21 ERA. I saw this move coming 6 weeks ago, and I still don’t get it. The grounds crew at CBP have been working overtime removing the oil Stutes has been leaking or the last 3 months. Hate Herndon? That’s fine, but you should still want him on the roster over Stutes. And, yes, it won’t even matter.

• Jactaid September 30, 2011 at 4:26 pm

@Mikebiff –

• MPH September 30, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Celebration!!! HERNDON DAVID NO!!!!

• JMac September 30, 2011 at 4:33 pm

back at ya
    biff

• Joe September 30, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I just read this at work and immediately had to run to the bathroom and jerk off.

• Chris Steng September 30, 2011 at 4:43 pm

• Chris Steng September 30, 2011 at 4:44 pm

F off Biff- Hendon blows

• Mikebiff September 30, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Ha- good videos. First, I qualified my comment by stating that I don’t think it’ll even matter. Personally, my confidence in Stutes has dropped as the season has gone on, and Herndon has had a pretty good second half. Whether it’s situational pitching or mop-up pitching, outs are outs and runs are runs. I’ve watched Stutes struggle much more than Herndon over the last couple months. Hopefully, it won’t even matter

• Mikebiff September 30, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Herndon > Stutes

• L2112Lif September 30, 2011 at 6:54 pm

No Herndon, but Stutes’s inclusion made me shit my pants distastefully.

• J.T. September 30, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I don’t have a problem with Stutes over Herndon (gotta throw the ladies a bone every now and then).
    I know Charlie stays with his veterans, but in Francisco’s case I disagree. He hasn’t done anything since Spring Training, is not great defensively, and doesn’t have speed. Pete Orr is not a great hitter, is not great defensively, but is fast as shit. To me, that one quality alone makes him more valuable than Francisco. But, since that’s my biggest problem, I’ll fuckin take it.
    I just wanted this postseason to not include any kind of Francisco.

• MrDioji September 30, 2011 at 11:28 pm

@J.T. So would you say you wanted the postseason to be Sans Francisco?

• L2112Lif October 1, 2011 at 4:37 am

@ Dioji
    Facepalm. That is all.

• WTF October 1, 2011 at 10:35 am

Mikebiff = Herndon???

• mk12679 October 3, 2011 at 1:30 pm

And what type of situation may cause one to shit their pants tastefully?