Flyers Unveil 2012 Winter Classic Jerseys

Screen Shot 2011-11-21 at 11.49.55 AM

via (@NHLschuylerb)

Here they are, the 2012 Flyers Winter Classic jerseys.

The team unveiled the sweaters today at Citizens Bank Park. As expected, they are the exact same design that was found by a Puck Daddy reader on eBay last week.

They’re essentially a hybrid of the Flyers’ current orange jerseys and the 1980s-style orange jerseys made to look really old, yet new. Lace-up collars, cream-colored accents, and Winter Classic logo on shoulders– check, check, and check. Not terribly exciting, but this will most certainly be replacing my Mike Richards jersey (and not a moment too soon).

Dan Fuller already has a full breakdown of the jerseys here.

They will go on-sale today at 1 PM at the Wells Fargo Center. But if you can’t make it down or are worried they might sell out (totally possible), we will have a link to buy online shortly.

More pics after the jump.

Pics vid Adam Kimelman, Dave Isaac, and Sarah Baicker.

Screen Shot 2011-11-21 at 11.37.09 AM

Screen Shot 2011-11-21 at 11.37.09 AM

Screen Shot 2011-11-21 at 12.00.19 PM

• ChingChongPow November 21, 2011 at 11:43 am

I’ll wait a few days for my friends in China to get them. $38, yo!

• joe linden (PH) November 21, 2011 at 11:49 am

^ Couldn’t have put it better myself.

• mvptommyd November 21, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Something about these jerseys just don’t look right. Nonetheless, I will purchase one just to have and add to the rotation. Will be like my friends above and purchase it from China for half the price.

• Betts mom November 21, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Why is Betts there?

• dave November 21, 2011 at 12:10 pm

why betts and schenn?? how bout dudes that play.

• Bored November 21, 2011 at 12:32 pm

they are dirty, absolutely love them. didn’t they put the playing-players jerseys in lockers?

• ParadeDownBroad November 21, 2011 at 12:51 pm

What are some of the good Chinese sites? I got one before but the jersey was shit.

• Iron Balls McGinty November 21, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Like I said in me previous comment in yer last entry with these, they should’ve reversed the black and white stripes on the hem and sleeves.
    And they didn’t model a C or A jersey, so will there be that keystone?
    And I know I’m but the few, but I still hate the laces. Too original six, not 1967-present. I guess the salvation is that they can be removed, but the eyelets in the orange will still be visible. The black shoulders should have vee’d down around them.

• Andy (San Diego) November 21, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I LOVE these jerseys. Perfect.

• vitaminD November 21, 2011 at 2:03 pm

ENOUGH. it’s bad enough at phillies games…please dont buy chinese jerseys. they look as cheap as they are. if you want to support the team, then SUPPORT the team. buy officially licensed merch.

• kt November 21, 2011 at 11:53 pm

Seriously?? Shelley and Betts??

• ChingChongPow November 22, 2011 at 8:37 am

You’re wrong vitaminD, some of the sites sell jerseys that are EXACT to the ones in the pro shops. Then again, some sites don’t. If you know the difference, it helps. I have Eagles and Phillies jerseys that are fine. It’s all in the site you get them from. I’m not letting the leagues rip me off so they can pay some goon who can’t read 5 million dollars a year.

• The Nut November 22, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Where do ya think the NHL & Reebok have the authentics made? Philly? Look at the tages in any of the jerseys you have kids. Made in China or Vietnam! Even the Mitchell & Ness & CCM stuff is these days.

• Supra Shoes December 1, 2011 at 9:02 pm