Few things this week that we didn’t get to. Here’s a roundup:
– Single-game Sixers tickets are on pre-sale now. You can use code: 11SIX09 to get in early between now and 12 PM tomorrow. Or you can shop at Crossing Broad Tickets… where tickets start for as low as $6.
– This guy robbed a Philadelphia bank in Phillies gear. The FBI wants your help.
– Cole Hamels Foundation scavenger hunt helped raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project. Cole showed off his leopard print Crocs for cameras on Wednesday. Also, lamp shades and candy canes:
– Now that the Winter Meetings are over and Albert Pujols has signed with the Angels, the Inquirer's Matt Gelb writes it’s possible that the Cardinals have money to bring in Jimmy Rollins. Gelb's colleague, Bob Brookover, writes the exact opposite, citing the potential frayed relationship between Dan Lozano – Rollins' agent – and the Cardinals.
– Omar Vizquel told a Venezuelan newspaper that “we’re working on it,” when asked if he would sign with the Phillies. Caution, though, this is a Google translate thing, which often loses context in interpretation.
– Zoo With Roy has a hilarious grouping of Phil E. Moose Photoshops.
– Todd Zolecki has a good breakdown of the details of some Phillies contracts, including those on Papelbon's vesting fifth-year– he can't finished 2015 on DL with "right shoulder or elbow" injury.
– Casey Matthews’ says fans made wife cry. Funny, he makes fans cry.
– Stephen A. Smith calls LeBron a “nigga” on ESPN. We think.