Eagles Send Out Self-Serving Email

Kyle Scott - December 7, 2011

Eagles_wind_turbines

Well, this shouldn’t surprise you.

Congratulations to the 4-8 Philadelphia Eagles, who were recently named the 2011 Sport Team of the Year by Beyond Sport, “an organization dedicated to using the power of sports to bring about social change around the world.”

Well done, Eagles. Seriously.

Along with their many charity endeavors, the Eagles were also recognized for their Go Green! campaign, which includes many earth-conscious initiatives… like the wind turbines at The Linc that were never installed because they would have cast shadows on the field. Really. Somewhere, George Jetson is sad.

Anyway, good job, team.

But why are we not surprised that the Eagles, who have failed to publicly address the disaster that is the 2011 season (let’s be honest– their product is football, and right now the football is terrible), are sending out self congratulatory emails about their off-the-field endeavors?

Perhaps they should bring on new Sixers CEO Adam Aron as a customer service consultant– he’s good at that sort of thing and may be able to assuage fans' dissatisfaction. And maybe he could inspire the team to turn Swoop into a Reindeer or something

Self-serving email after the jump.

Thanks to Eric for sending

Notice that fourth signature, which isn't yet whited out:

Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 12.37.27 PM
Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 12.37.27 PM

• Ron December 7, 2011 at 1:00 pm

I could really care less about this even in a winning season. All I want them to do is win the Super Bowl. Nothing else matters.

• E.T. December 7, 2011 at 1:03 pm

A bright spot in the black hole that is the 2011 football season.
    As honorable as the organizations off the field accomplishments are, no one cares. I don’t follow the Eagles because of their non-football related activities, nor do I know anyone who does. Of course, at this point I’m not really following them at all.

• Steng December 7, 2011 at 1:57 pm

eagles make me sick

• Deezy December 7, 2011 at 2:14 pm

The Gold Standard, Kyle.

• ThePhillyFlash December 7, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Ron: I hope you’re young, because at this rate, you’re in for a LONG wait for that Super Bowl.

• john December 7, 2011 at 4:28 pm

This just took the #1 spot on my Things I Don’t Give A Shit About List. Just win football games, assholes.

• matt December 7, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Look at all the fucks I don’t give

• Nike Shox Clearance December 8, 2011 at 2:30 am

It has been a long time since I have experienced excellent customer service. I mean – exceptional customer service. It is hard not to generalized but I was truly beginning to think that ‘exceptional customer service’ was a lost art; that companies had lost their service mojo. And then – along comes Victoria’s Secrets. Now before you wonder what I have to do with Victoria’s Secrets, I must quickly point out that it is my daughter that has shared this story with me and which I now pass on to you.