Well, the Eagles won, and I predicted it. Nice. Sure, the score was off, but I'll take the W.
Week 14 Round-Up
The Steelers wore their 60s-ish throwbacks. Again, they're nice twice a season; more than that, well, that's a lot of yellow helmets. Nice to see them in non-yellow pants every once in a while, too. Nothing else notable last week, though the Cardinals wore solid Red again.
Eagles vs. Jets UniDiction
The Eagles are in Green over White, their best combo. It's worth…let's see… 22 points. (Points deducted for drop-shadows on jerseys, questionable pants stripes, and using black as one of the colors of their palette.)
Some interesting Jets uniform trivia:
- See the complete Jets uniform history at the Gridiron Uniform Database.
- Jets fans generally don't like the Titans throwbacks. It's usually assumed that fans love throwbacks whenever their team wears one (Chargers, Patriots, Steelers, etc.), but that's not the case for the Jets because their throwbacks don't "throwback" to, you know, the "Jets."
- Even though the current uniforms were introduced in 1998 and the color has always been called "Hunter Green," they darkened the green for the 2002 season.
- The Jets 90s uniforms are very similar to the pre-Midnight Green Eagles uniforms from the same era, though the Jets wore white or green pants instead of silver.
- Wikipedia has a page devoted to "Logos and Uniforms of the New York Jets," but it omits the "Hunter Green" shade change from 2002.