Last night at Drinker's, The Buzzkill and Myrtle's Acres finished in a tie after two rounds of overtime. Could you have beat them? Here are the full quizzo questions with answers down below. Please excuse any typos, these are my notes from last night:
- What brand of truck was sitting outside of Smalls’ house when he moved into the neighborhood?
- What did smalls compare the sandlot to in the beginning of the movie?
- Who gave smalls his first glove and what was it made out of? Two points.
- What extreme proclamation does Smalls utter to himself after he fails to make a throw into the infield the first time he played ball with the guys?
- What is on the back of the Sugar Crisps cereal when Smalls asks Bill to have a catch?
- What were the two questions they asked him when he said he didn’t know who the Great Bambino was? Two points.
- What is the name of the notepad Smalls keeps for himself in which he asks “Who is the Great Bambino?”
- When Porter hit a home run off DeNunez he said it was in what location, just like he likes it?
- During the boys’ campout, what song is playing in the background of the movie?
- Four names given to Babe Ruth, The Great Bambino:
- What insult does Benny hurl at Yeah Yeah?
- Where does the “Legend of the Beast” go back to?
- According to the legend, it took the pup a few weeks to what?
- How many people did the kids think the beast killed?
- What is Wendy Peffercorn wearing when the guys first see her after buying a baseball?
- What are you if you don’t want to play baseball in 150 degree heat?
- What is something the boys lie about seeing even though they never had?
- What three things did Wendy Peffercorn do as the lifeguard? Three points.
- If my dog was as ugly as you….
- What four words did Smalls use to describe what Squints did to Wendy? Four point.
- What type of tobacco did the kids chew before they got sick?
- What was the name of the ride they got sick on?
- Before the kids got into the biggest pickle of all-time, a foreshadowing ad is seen near the street corner. It was an ad for what? What was the product’s name? Two points.
- Only two or three guys in history performed what feat achieved by Benny?
- What was the brand of cereal box Squints used to look over and under the fence?
- What does The Babe tell Benny he should take but he doesn’t know why?
- Heroes get ______ but legends never _____.
- What picnic did Benny and the dog run through in the park?
- What was the trade James Earl Jones’ character made with the kids. Not for their ball. Called it an even trade?
- What did Yeah Yeah later do in life?
What’s the name of the Little League team DeNunez coaches?
What number did Benny wear for the Dodgers?
What team were the Dodgers playing when he stole home?
- THEIR OWN LITTLE BASEBALL KINGDOM
- GRANDMOM, PLASTIC
- MY LIFE’S OVER
- BASEBALL CARDS
- WHAT PLANET ARE YOU FROM? WERE YOU BORN IN A BARN?
- BASEBALL STUFF TO REMEMBER
- LOW AND OUTSIDE
- IN THE JUNGLE, LION SLEEPS TONIGHT
- SULTAN OF SWAT, COLUSSUS OF CLOUT, TITAN OF TERROR, THE KING OF CLOUT (ALSO HERCULES LATER IN MOVIE)
- RUNS LIKE A DUCK
- MYRTLE’S ACRES JUNKYARD
- INTO THE BEAST
- 120 OR 173 GUYS
- GREEN SUNDRESS, SHORT SKIRT
- A CAN’T HACK IT PANTY WASTE WHO WEARS THEIR MAMA’S BRA
- A PLAYBOY
- LOTIONING, OILING, SMILING
- I’D TELL HIM TO SHAVE HIS BUTT AND WALK BACKWARD
- SNEAKY, ROTTEN, LOW, COOL
- BIG CHIEF
- DOG FOOD, KENN L RATION
- BUSTED THE GUTS OFF THE BALL, RIPPED COVER OFF
- HANK AARON CARD
- REMEMBERED, DIE
- THE FOUNDERS DAY PICNIC
- COME HANG OUT AND TALK BASEBALL ONCE A WEEK
- PIONEERED BUNGEE JUMPING