Your Monday Morning Roundup: Ty Wigginton Ruins Your Weekend, Today Enjoys a Peaceful Morning on a Boat Edition!
I’m offended by Ty Wigginton’s decision to wear a Phillies fleece in public. Also, I imagine Hunter leaning over the boat railing and plunging into the water head-first, excitedly grabbing at the first fish he sees instead of waiting patiently for the larger fish to arrive. But hey, at least he didn’t spike this creature to shortstop after the photo was taken. At least, we don’t think he did.
Let’s hit it.
But first, a word from our sponsors:
– Thursday night. Drinker’s Tavern in Old City. 8 p.m. BOY MEETS WORLD QUIZZO. I’m hosting, you’re playing. Winner gets a $25 gift certificate to Drinker’s establishments and to motorboat Topanga. Get more details here.
– Father’s day soon, yes? Yep. You probably didn’t get anything yet, did you? No? No. BC Sports is offering 20% off autographed memorabilia, MLB t-shirts and jerseys and much more. Shop now.
– There have only been a few Phillies who have met or exceeded expectations this year. Jonathan Papelbon is easily one of those guys. Get Philly Phaithful’s latest jam, Cinco Ocho:
Remember, Buy 2, Get 1 FREE right now. Shop here.
– Joe Blanton celebrated mediocrity on Saturday by attending the Baltimore Aquarium with his family:
Pic via an unknown reader
– In case you haven’t heard, Freddy Galvis likely broke his fucking back. He’ll get a second opinion this week, which, presumably, will confirm that there’s a fracture in his spine. He was 22.
– Jerry Sandusky’s trial begins today. We’ll have any notable updates that come down. A few Twitter follows for those who are interested:
Philly Mag's Kevin Cirilli (@kevcirilli)
The very sexy Courtney Brennan (@WPXI_Courtney)
– The Eagles PR apparatus continues with their push to make Andy Reid seem human. Reid will be doing a chat on Philly.com at 3 p.m. You won’t want to miss that. I have it at 6:1 that he uses at least one emoticon. He seems like a surprising emoticon user. Don’t know why. I have a feel for these things.
– Indians closer Chris Perez got the save yesterday, then he threw up. On the field.
– Tony Romo showed up to play basketball with a bunch of Druish people at a community center in Dallas. Pressure got to him by the time the fourth quarter rolled around, though.
– Well hello, friends. Gorgeous day today on the front nine at Pebble Beach, where I’m going to marry my 33-year-old girlfriend and Tom Brady is going to attend. There’s not a conflict of interest at all there. None at all. Now watch as I line up for the kiss. A smooch for the ages. Nantz getting in someone’s pants!
Jim Nantz got married on the seventh hole at Pebble Beach and Tom Brady attended.
– Jorge Solar – or, George Sun – the Cuban sensation, will be signing with a Major League team soon. The Phillies have been somewhat linked to him.
– Phillies e-cards from Zoo With Roy
– Jillian Mele’s Twitter, a celebration of single, perky-titted local TV personalities, is a gift to humanity and aligns perfectly with NBC 10’s new strategy of putting as many attractive reporters on-air as possible, betting that you won’t notice what they’re saying. It’s working, so far.