Adam Aron May Be Regretting That Whole Twitter Thing Today

Screen Shot 2012-07-13 at 3.38.23 PM
Ah shit

We’ve been doing a lot of this fan reaction stuff today, but sometimes the stories, quite literally, write themselves.

Adam Aron (@SixersCEOAdam) fashioned himself a Twitter superstar this past season, using the social network to communicate with fans and tell everyone how valued their opinions were (!!!). Most of the feedback he received in his first season as Sixers CEO – the honeymoon season – was positive, or at least constructive. But not today, kids. Not today.

Here are just some (for real, I ran out of steam just dragging these into the stream) of the Tweets to Aron in response to the Sixers signing Kwame Brown to a two-year, $6 million deal, with a player option for the second year. Enjoy.

• Chris July 13, 2012 at 3:51 pm

lol

• Darron July 13, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Uneducated fans…it’s nice to see the Sixers actually have a plan in place. This year will most likely be a down year but next off-season they’ll have the space to actually make some moves.

• Who Cares July 13, 2012 at 4:13 pm

“That overweight bum ain’t worth his weight in shit” Brilliant.

• B Dubs July 13, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Never heard of this guy, but it sounds like sixers just made a bad move. If I had to describe Kwame after reading some of these posts I’d say he’s some fat guy who sat around eating cheese curls and couldn’t bounce a basketball without hitting his foot. Good thinking Sixers! We really needed a guy that could possibly look worse than Spencer Hawes. Maybe they’ll be some good comic relief this year…

• Adam Aron July 13, 2012 at 4:36 pm

@Darron, please give me one reason Hawes is a good idea followed by what money the Sixers are gonna have to make moves in an average free-agent market next year. And also, what indication has this organization has given that they’ll ever make a move to become a legit contender? Bad drafting? Maintaining mediocrity? Paying Iggy like LeBron? This year we could totally have made moves but instead signed Hawes and Brown and Young and kept Iggy.

• James Niggly July 13, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Iggy – 13mil in 2012
    Lebron – 17.5 mil in 2012
    Sixers aren’t paying iggy like lebron. Try google out, it’s a pretty neat website. Or you could just continue to be wrong and look like an idiot haha

• Ry P. July 13, 2012 at 5:45 pm

@Adam Aron, Don’t get me wrong, this Kwame move is shit in it’s stankest form, but next year the free agent market is pretty solid. Would love to see Josh Smith at the 4.

• Christian Stengal July 13, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Joke .. He is slob

• Bee from psu July 13, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I wish the sixers would move to NJ

• Candy from the Oak July 13, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Can’t wait for the Trent Cole update on Monday

• Tall Goofy- The Avalon A Lister July 13, 2012 at 8:04 pm

My boy big Trent only has 2 weekends left in the AV before training camp. He’s going be a man on a mission for pussy

• Matt G July 13, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Is Adam A a Jew ?

• Carl the snatch eater July 13, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Suck my cunt 6ers

• Bill Newbold July 13, 2012 at 9:55 pm

While I don’t agree with the Sixers signing Kwame Brown I did get a great explanation from somebody who will remain nameless who is very close to the team. You all know this person. And while he was in my bar today having a few beers I asked him what was the reasoning behind this. This is what he told me. “The Sixers are a bunch of pussies and Doug Collins wanted to bring in a real nutcase who will get in these guys faces and light a little fire under them.” Meta World Peace style I guess. Like I said I don’t agree with the move but if this is Doug’s real reason then I say ok let’s try it because these guys are a bunch of pussies. There is nobody on that team who’s gonna take somebody by the throat and say let’s go.

• bitch betta have mah honey July 13, 2012 at 11:07 pm

I can handle almost everything except the player option. what. the. fuck.
    if thorn has a statue let’s fucking melt that one too, jesus christ.

• Hill Billy Brad July 14, 2012 at 12:03 am

Gay

• Jason Babin July 14, 2012 at 1:17 am

Trent Cole post

• Candy from the Oak July 14, 2012 at 9:54 am

Heard there was a black snake on the loose in Avalon lady night

• reggie July 14, 2012 at 10:26 am

With everthing going on, why is this still the first story????

• ThePhillyFlash July 14, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Bill Newbold: With all due respect to you and the unnamed member of the Sixers you mentioned, but that explanation for the Kwame Brown signing sounds absolutely ridiculous. Ron Artest can get in people’s faces and light those alleged fires because he has cachet in the NBA as an upper echelon player, even though he’s a lunatic. Brown is a bum and a loser who contributed NOTHING in all the years he’s been in the league, if this scenario you mentioned were to come to pass, Brown would be ignored, maybe even laughed at by the other players because he has hasn’t done squat except show what a waste of talent he’s been. Basically, Brown’s a nobody, who’s going to pay any attention to him? Bottom line, this was a huge mistake.

• FingerIng Slamming Pussy July 14, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Trent Cole sighting at wawa this morning in the av.

• Candy from the Oak July 14, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Monday morning can’t cum soon enough

• Marky from Morrell Tavern July 15, 2012 at 12:11 am

I’ll fuck anybody

• Laviolette's Lip Scar July 15, 2012 at 6:41 am

Who gives a fuck about this loser ass team? The only thing Im worried about is how long it will take this guy to be balls deep in Rhea Hughes’ whisker biscuit. I hear she’s into choke out sex..

• Kevin Maas July 15, 2012 at 8:47 am

Aaron loves licking pussy, from what I hear.
    Sixers & Union need to beat it & move to another city.

• mmm July 15, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I love mexicans

• kurt nimphius July 15, 2012 at 3:59 pm

shoulda signed me

• The kidd July 16, 2012 at 5:34 am

Everyones acting like we signed kwame to be a big time starter..hes only getting 3 mill a yr, to basically be a post player defensively off the bench probably late in games.. Not saying I like the pickup, but its high reward low risk. With that being said kwame brown isnt the answer & they didn’t sign him to be the answer.

• Chris July 16, 2012 at 7:17 am

my math professor tweeted him twice..da fuq

• Tall Goofy- The Avalon A Lister July 16, 2012 at 7:43 am

slow weekend?

• Bah Low Me July 16, 2012 at 8:36 am

You people are bitching about a guy who costs 3 mil a year ???
    Who gives a fuck … Nothing they did this offseason was gonna make them a contender (because Dwight Howard dont wanna be here)

• Stop WIC!! July 16, 2012 at 8:48 am

The only people who attend sixers games are criminals.