Video: DeSean Jackson Comes Through on SportsCenter’s “My Wish” Segment

We give DeSean Jackson a lot of shit, so we’ll give him his due when its, um, due.

D-Jac was the focus of today’s SportsCenter “My Wish” segment, hosted by Chris Connelly, who has totally pigeonholed himself into these sorts of tear-jerker stories. Like, I just can’t picture Connelly doing regular sports stories anymore. Even if he delivers the most hardened news story about the NFL’s salary cap system, I’ll be waiting for the piece to cut to cute kittens or dead babies or something. I don’t know, I just feel like Connelly was put on this earth to make us cry. Which is exactly what he aims to do in this piece, when Donovan Troy, a 10-year-old boy from Georgia with sickle cell anemia, meets D-Jac, the rest of the Eagles, and gets a hug from a slender (relative) Andy Reid.

Troy also got to jerk it with Jaccpot Records, ya digg?? That video, after the jump.

• Adam July 17, 2012 at 5:29 pm

The kid is probably more reliable than Jeremy Maclin.

• The Educator July 17, 2012 at 5:50 pm

good stuff! being as that kid’s life must be like hell some days, you could tell he was in heaven that particular day and he genuinely appreciated it. in addition to the money and fame, ALL professional athletes need to understand and accept their obligation to be a role model too. i think most do embrace it, but there are some that do not and that can totally destroy a kid.

• Mark July 17, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Los Angeles Kings?

• goonsquad July 17, 2012 at 6:09 pm

That kid can rap better than D Jax.

• Sid July 17, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Mark: DeSean is from L.A., this was much discussed when he showed up at a Sixers-Lakers game wearing a Lakers hat. Can’t hate him for rooting for his home teams.

• Jay Grace July 17, 2012 at 8:59 pm

D Jax loves hookers

• Durk July 18, 2012 at 8:50 am

As for most of Eaglesnation, no one will care about D-Jax’s 2011 if he puts up the points this year. Can’t say I love the guy, but this was good stuff. And say what you want about DeSean, but at least he doesn’t beat his own mom. #DezBryant

• PelíCulas Gratis July 10, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just
    sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to the whole thing.
    Do you have any points for inexperienced blog writers?
    I’d really appreciate it.