Busy week ahead– #WeberWatch, Eagles training camp begins, Phillies’ day of reckoning, Penn State to receive NCAA punishments, and something something Sixers.
Let’s hit it.
But first, a word from our sponsors:
– NEXT TUESDAY, Drinker’s West, FIFA 12 tournament on Xbox 360. 8 p.m. Details coming this week, but if you like FIFA, mark your calendars.
– Philly hoops fans: Ever wish you could watch your favorite Big 5 players again? Sure, a few are in the NBA (hey, Kyle Lowry and Jameer Nelson), but most see their glory days in the rearview mirror as they play in fringe leagues and across Europe. Not anymore. The-BALL is a new league that will feature your favorite local college stars playing in summer games. It all kicks off with a showcase event on August 5 at St. Joes featuring players like Curtis Sumpter, Pat Carroll, Dionte Christmas, Allan Ray, Mark Tyndale and many more. Rosters here. Get your tickets and more information here: The-BALL presents the Basketball Can't-Miss Event of the Summer TICKETS.
– There’s still time to take advantage of Philly Phaithful’s Buy 2, Get 1 FREE event. Philly Phaithful apparel is printed on high-quality American Apparel t-shirt. Shop here.
– Jimmy Rollins walked it off yesterday, preventing another sweep:
Cole Hamels Million Meter: Cole Hamels did not pitch well on Saturday, but he hit his first home run as, and give up his first home run to, a pitcher. [Video here.] After table-setter Matt Cain took Hamels deep, the soon-to-be one hundred million billionaire matched the effort with a bomb to right. So, Hamels has demonstrated a clear ability to match and upstage Cain– something something bigger contract.
Lackluster effort punctuated by dick-swinging home run derby against fellow rich guy Matt Cain in figurative I’m worth more than he is move. +4 million. CHMM: $155 million.
– Eagles training camp begins this week. Michael Vick didn’t back down from dynasty comments. Mike Patterson had bone removed from his skull, still wants to play.
– ABC has exclusive video of the freak show who shot up the movie theater in Aurora, Colorado.
– Joe Paterno’s statue came down yesterday. Sanctions from the NCAA will be announced today. Our friends at The School Philly explain why the reaction of Penn Staters is different than those around the country.
– On the flip side, crazy man Franco Harris is defending Joe Paterno like it’s a religious crusade.
– Reader Matt sends along pictures from CBP field repair after The Wall concert:
– Dan Carcillo ripped Michael Leighton and Peter Laviolette.
– Finally, hot girls from Texas.