Andy Reid Releases Statement

From the Eagles:

On behalf of Tammy and our family, I would like to thank everybody for their tremendous support, love, kind words and prayers during this time of great sadness. Words cannot express our sense of loss.

We loved Garrett so much. He was a wonderful son and brother. He made us laugh, he was a pleasure to be around, he always had a smile on his face, and we will miss him dearly. We will never forget him, and we will remember him with love.

Garrett’s road through life was not always an easy one. He faced tremendous personal challenges with bravery and spirit. As a family, we stood by him and were inspired as he worked to overcome those challenges. Even though he lost the battle that has been ongoing for the last eight years, we will always remember him as a fighter who had a huge, loving heart.

I spoke with the team yesterday and thanked them for their thoughts and prayers. I asked them to continue with their preparations for the upcoming season until I am ready to rejoin the team.

It is in times like these that we lean on our faith, our family, our friends, and our Eagles family. We will do so in the difficult times ahead.

Thank you again for your continued support.

Andy Reid

• mac August 6, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Sure sounds like andy is saying it was drug related.

• Sad Bird August 6, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Because he knows…

• Chance- Vice President of the GnA Falcons August 6, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I hope it wasn’t an OD, kid looked like he was getting his life in order. Addiction is a powerful thing…
    BTW: know this isn’t the time or place but I think I would fuck the shit out of Tammy Reid.
    RIP
    Garret

• Jenny August 6, 2012 at 9:13 pm

let the speculation begin…..he died….at 29. could have been from residual effects from the drugs, could have been a re-lapse. who knows. addiction IS a powerful thing. i’ve been there and i’ve lost close friends to it. whether it was the former or the latter makes no difference. RIP Garrett..

• Edward Murphy August 6, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Kyle,
    I implore you to take this opportunity to use this blog as a forum to speak out against drug use. This is truly a sad day for the Reid family and my heart goes out to them. I just hope that we can triage this tragedy to educate the youth and prevent other families from having to experience this heart ache. Drug prevention is something that we need to work on.
    To the Reid family, I am truly sorry for your loss and you will be in my thoughts and prayers as I help lead a fight against drugs.

• 3 Finger Lenny August 6, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Jenny sounds like she needs to get back in the kitchen to clean the dishes from dinner

• Jenny August 6, 2012 at 9:29 pm

i’ll let that comment go as “trying to make light of the situation”

• Lisa August 6, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Edward- seems like he gets it. Extremely classy comment!

• Thomas E Merschen August 6, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Lisa, first of all, get back in the kitchen.
    Second of all, Murph doesn’t get it. He’s an idiot. I’m sure in a couple weeks he’ll blame this on faulty equipment in the Eagles’ weight room or something.
    If you don’t know Murphy from the hockey posts, than put something sexy on and get back in the kitchen and make 3 finger Lenny a sandwich.
    Fast Eddie Murphy is a protesting idiot. He has been seen on more than one occasion protesting at flyers games over what he calls cheap equipment. My buddy claims to have heard him on the 610 morning show but I think he’s joking.
    So anyway, Lisa, how we looking on that sandwich tootz?

• B Dubs August 7, 2012 at 12:03 am

This is not what I expected when I went to read the comments on this blog post. This is embarrassing and extremely childish. We should all be offering our condolences to the Reid family for their terrible, tragic loss. We should NOT be making fun of other commenters like Thomas, Tom, and 3 Finger Larry have been.
    So basically, the message is….. GROW UP

• Hopdevil August 7, 2012 at 12:06 am

Sometimes the demons win. Shame.

• Gabby Douglas August 7, 2012 at 6:24 am

I agree b dubs.

• ThePhillyFlash August 7, 2012 at 6:34 am

While I’ve disliked Andy Reid for years because of his ineptitude as a coach and his misplaced arrogance, I feel for him and his family in their time of grief. I hope they all find a measure of peace and recover from their pain.

• Pete H August 7, 2012 at 7:47 am

Three finger lenny is a worthless cunt. He’s a loser sitting in his parents basement that likes to troll on his spare time. He asks all the women on here to make him sandwiches because he’s so used to his mom making them for him everyday. Trolls don’t deserve the attention, especially ones that troll posts about the death of a mans first born, so don’t give it to him. Don’t feed the troll. Ignore him.

• 3 Finger Lenny August 7, 2012 at 7:48 am

B Dubs- mind your business & stay off the site if you don’t like what I post, you insensitive p*ssy.
    No what’s for breakfast Lisa????

• 3 Finger Lenny August 7, 2012 at 8:34 am

Pete H- what bad did I say about Andy’s son?????
    Addiction is a powerful thing brother, I lost 2 of my best freiends Dougie Keith & Hoagie to that disease.
    -It’s not joke Pete H, now do me a favor & help the ladies out in the kitchen preparing my meal

• mrs. utley August 7, 2012 at 11:43 am

The “get in the kitchen” comments on here are REALLY old and tired…. addiction is no joke and neither is the loss of a son/brother/friend before their time.

• mrs. utley August 7, 2012 at 11:44 am

Oh wait…let me save you the key strokes…
    I’ll get back in the kitchen now….HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! that’s so hilarious.

• 3 Finger Lenny August 7, 2012 at 1:43 pm

mrs. utley what’s for dinner hun??