Video: Dan Baker Documentary

Kyle Scott - August 6, 2012

Here’s a mini documentary, produced by Mixed Nut Productions, about long-time Phillies PA announcer Dan Baker. It speaks for itself.

H/T to (@SportsTalkPhila)

• Every phillies fan August 6, 2012 at 2:47 pm

God I hate Tom McCarthy. I hate listening to him, I hate seeing him, I hate his dumb dome. Is it possible you can have a “heckuva” count during one game? Ever since you brought it up, I hear him and that dumb rug wearing wheeler say it about 10 times a game. I’d love to get an official count, but I can’t listen to him for 9 innings.

• @DXFlyers August 6, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Its about time more and more people identify who is the voice of not just the Phillies but also during live home Eagles games. Ever since Harry Kalas died, Dan Baker has fulfilled that voice of the summer in a ballpark or the voice of the cold winters of Lincoln Financial field. He is probably the greatest living sports voice of Philadelphia right now.

• TR August 6, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I agree with DXFlyers. normally id say merrill reese but he has become such a nauseating homer it is tough to listen to him anymore

• Glen Macnow August 6, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Baker loves his crab fries & cheese

• the sarge August 6, 2012 at 3:06 pm

he’s a heck of a guy..as well!

• Nick August 6, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Dan did the intros for my wedding and I have to say that it was awesome. He is the best at his craft and Phillies/Eagles game are nothing without him. Great guy

• BiFF August 6, 2012 at 3:17 pm

@nick Badass

• BiFF August 6, 2012 at 3:17 pm

@nick Badass

• Nick August 6, 2012 at 3:27 pm

@Biff it was man.

• Tits McCarthy August 6, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Since McCarthy and Wheels always talk like they are a part of the team and really want you to know how much they are amongst the coaches and players and talking to them every single day, is it possible to trade these clowns away?? Even if the best offer was a bag of shit to replace their vacated space. How is it the Phils have been able to find some great voices throughout the years but continue to stand by these POS dick-bags?! I put the Phils steady decline since 2009 (and oddly enough since the loss of Harry) solely on those two idiots.

• Safe and Secure August 6, 2012 at 4:35 pm

“I try not to insult the fans’ intelligence by injecting false enthusiasm.”
    Followed by a shot of Tom McCarthy. Oh, the irony.

• Chance- Vice President in Command of the GnA Falcons August 6, 2012 at 4:50 pm

t mac is a pos

• Ron Jones August 6, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Been fortunate enough to meet Dan and his daughter Courtney on a few occasions. Both great people. And Courtney is kinda cute, too

• Jay Stengel August 6, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Wheels loves eating pussy

• Birnder August 19, 2012 at 5:01 am

I know how you feel Lolly! My blogging has dcseeaerd, but I’ve definitely found that taking a bit of time off works wonders. You start getting a bit more inspiration and less held to mental deadlines.Have a relaxing non-blogging time, and I’m sure you’ll come back better for taking a break

• Margot August 19, 2012 at 4:08 pm

I must agree, writing gouprs are not a good way to develop your writing or story, most if you are working on something you want to publish. It is a fun pass-time if that is all you plan on doing, passing time writing and exchanging ideas. I have one tough critic, whose skills would dwarf mine if he ever thought of seriously using them, and he is painfully honest, which is all one really needs. In gouprs you seldom find someone giving you straight up critics, most people are either too polite or too rude to be helpful.As far as writing each day, I do admire one who gets up at 5:00am! I much rather sit down and scribble between midnight and 4:00am, which is when most people (sometimes even the fur-ones) are in bed as well, but it gives me the feeling to be able to sleep in. And, I must admit, I just simply don’t hear an alarm clock.And I so agree with you, if one book does not work out, don’t let it bring you down, keep on writing, there is always another story to be told!Very much enjoyed your blog today, thanks for sharing and good luck to you as well

• Iara August 20, 2012 at 2:20 am

Mohammad Aminul Islam Posted on I am a microfinance pcritaoner working in Afghanistan.I am originated from Bangladesh and completed B.Sc degree.I have also completed Microfinance training of trainer(MFTOT)through Video conference organized by ADB,World Bank and African Development Bank.How I can obtained Masters degree with scholarship from this University please let me know.