Cecily Tynan (Lovingly) Called Adam Joseph a “Moron” on Action News

Kyle Scott - October 29, 2012

Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 7.14.05 PM

Action News’ A-Team of Jim Gardner, Cecily Tynan and Adam Joseph went on the air just as our impending death came ashore in Sea Isle. The timing really couldn’t have worked out more perfectly for those guys and other local six o’clock news teams. But, about halfway through the program, when Joseph forgot to turn his mic on, Cecily, who had just finished her live report, jokingly whispered to her colleague, on-air: “moron.”

Your Tweets came quickly:

Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 6.49.58 PM

Drink 10.

Joseph quickly covered up on Twitter:

Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 7.02.32 PM

So did Gardner, with this tongue-in-cheek on-air clarification:

“There comes a point where we have to sort of figure out how closely we respond to what you folks have to say on social media. On Twitter, for instance. And maybe I shouldn’t even acknowledge this, but I think it’s important that the folks who thought that Cecily called Adam an untoward name when Adam was having trouble with his microphone… that’s not at all true. I really should’t even say this… it begins with an “M” and it ends with an “N” and there’s an “O” and an “R” and an “O” in there somewhere. What Cecily was saying was, “Do you want mine on, my microphone?” And then Adam had the chance to fix his mic before that even became an issue. So, that Cecily called Adam an untoward name, that’s not the case at all. We don’t do that here, we are a family. We love each other. [To Tynan and Joseph] YOU’RE ACTING LIKE A MORON!”

Tynan had a slightly different version of things:

Screen Shot 2012-10-29 at 7.29.58 PM

You can judge for yourself in the video after the jump.

via several readers

• Ebew Korz October 29, 2012 at 7:26 pm

definitely said moron!

• utleys back October 29, 2012 at 7:26 pm

who the hell cares.

• Teddy29 October 29, 2012 at 7:28 pm

definitely moron. Then ‘do you want mine’ a few seconds later. Busted!!

• Sugar Les Bowen October 29, 2012 at 7:43 pm

No one cares.
    This is pointless.
    Really, who cares.
    Take the night off, go have a beer. Don’t post stuff like this. It’s ridiculously stupid. Just tweet it. Not everything needs to make the site.

• Bill Done October 29, 2012 at 7:45 pm

She said Moron, and then Do you want mine on. She did not say “More On” I dvred it since it was funny.
    I dont really care, but the cover up is as funny as her calling him a moron.

• puffy nipples October 29, 2012 at 7:56 pm

totally would bang cecily

• Kevin Maas October 29, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Is Adam Joseh a homo sexual?

• jjllmont October 29, 2012 at 8:11 pm

she called him a moron bc his mic wasnt on

• kerry October 29, 2012 at 8:34 pm

u totally called him a moron for not having his mic on!!!!!! just own it!!!!

• lumpy7 October 29, 2012 at 8:48 pm

totally called him moron, laughed so hard we pissed ourself. broke out our devastation-cam to tape the dvr replay and gardner’s hilarious stuttering explanation. priceless. by the way, who gave gardner the crack pipe tonight? totally crazy loopy all night, esp 6:30-7:30. that shit was very funny.

• 3 Finger Lenny October 29, 2012 at 9:06 pm

I would love to fuck cecily’s old ass

• Christian Louboutin Shoes October 30, 2012 at 5:00 am

Este artículo es tan intrigante como informativo. He leído a través de esta información y no podía encontrar nada malo en ello. No puedo imaginar a nadie mejor escribir este artículo.

• JohnB October 30, 2012 at 9:48 am

Why didn’t she just say, “We’re like brother and sister – we call each other stuff like that all the time, just like any family does – When we do that we do it lovingly and we all know that – if you ask him and if he forgot to turn on his microphone, he’d probably call himself a moron too – he knows that I love him like a brother and that’s something you would do to your brother – kidding around.” Just own it and it goes away. Now it’s a cover-up and people will think she was being a B-tch. I don’t know her so I can say if she is or isn’t. Either way, pretty funny!

• Lex Luger October 30, 2012 at 9:48 am

Cecily is a husband stealer & cunt from what I hear

• S. Harrison October 30, 2012 at 10:30 am

Cecily rocks. Worked with the shelter I work at and she couldn’t have been a nicer lady.

• Candy from the Oak October 30, 2012 at 11:05 am

I stole her running shirts from broad st. Smelly like Oreo cookies

• The Tit Man October 30, 2012 at 11:27 am

Channel 6 needs an upgrade from cecily t.
    They need to plug in a hot weather chick in her 20s

• Surprised October 30, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Wow. I am totally surprised at Channel 6. Isn’t Ms. Tynan supposed to be a professional? I have been watching since I was a kid, but lost respect for the station, and sorry to say for Jim Gardner especially for not telling the truth. I have looked up to Channel 6 for years for reporting with integrity. Only to be dashed by a big stretch to cover up the act of Ms Tynan. Her mic never turned off. Cecily called him a moron plain as day in the video. Please just say you are sorry, made a mistake and let’s reclaim the integrity that separates Channel 6 from the pack. Integrity still means something in reporting…. or Channel 6 has decided to throw that all away and does not deserve loyal watchers any more.

• joe October 30, 2012 at 6:26 pm

cecily has a nice fake rack and nice arms..
    perfect for tv

• Bobby T October 30, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Cecily is an old fart

• Lumpy7 October 30, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Dem golden bozos are for certainly not real.

• Bye Bye October 31, 2012 at 10:35 am

I will never visit this website again, another moron company that does not let you use your browsers back button.

• bigmyc October 31, 2012 at 11:12 am

Anyone else see the extreme and bold faced irony in someone getting caught calling someone else a moron?

• Nick P October 31, 2012 at 12:29 pm

This was the single best part of the Hurricane coverage on any TV station. You guys are fucking idiots

• Hip Hop's widow October 31, 2012 at 2:01 pm

The need a hotter weather girl anyway, get her out of there

• Heywood October 31, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Sheena Parvin…. that’s all im saying. Cecily is busted!

• short homecoming dresses cheap January 8, 2014 at 11:22 am

Right now, this post is something that you don’t see every week. It is a great thing that I found this posting thanks to my colleague who revealed it to me. It’s very exceptional for a writer to shell out a large number of dedication displaying the advise that you provided. It is quite apparent that you put alot of time and effort into this so glad I found it!

• beats by dre ibeats warranty March 8, 2014 at 12:00 am

It is perfect time to make some plans for the long run and it’s time to be happy. I’ve learn this publish and if I may I want to counsel you few attention-grabbing issues or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles regarding this article. I desire to learn even more things approximately it!