LeSean McCoy Used to Yell Out His Own Name While Juking Defenders

Kyle Scott - October 1, 2012

LeSean McCoy, who reveals himself to be a trash-talker more and more every day, apparently had a habit of poking would-be defenders, his teammates, while in college.

Two Tweets from Andrew Taglianetti, McCoy’s college teammate:

That’s perfect. It takes a special kind of narcissism to yell out your own name while juking defenders (or during sex, I suppose), and that’s exactly the sort of thing that makes certain players great. You have to love yourself. LeBron James, Brett Favre, Michael Jordan, Alex Rodriguez– self hugs. And even the most well-liked superstars have egos. Take for example, Brian Dawkins. He’s a great dude, by all accounts… but he had two lockers! One for himself, one for Weapon X. Normal, humble humans don’t do that. And that’s OK. I want my superstar running back to yell out his name while clowning the opposition. I want my safety to think he’s in a comic book. I want my star forward playing beer pong with casts on each arm. A little swag never hurt anyone (well, some).

The best part in this revelation, though, isn’t the story itself, it’s the fact that I’m now going to be screaming McCoy! McCoy! McCoy! each time I right-stick someone out of their broadband while playing Madden.

H/T to Deadspin

• big z October 1, 2012 at 4:49 pm

stolen from deadspin, womp

• Aj October 1, 2012 at 4:52 pm

LMAO! right sticking someone out of their broadband haha! Instead of the Chris Berman “whooop” now it’ll be “McCoy” lol love it

• AL Tru October 1, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Ray Lewis did say Shady had Barry Sanders moves….”Say My Name Say My Name…”

• Elizabeth Youells October 1, 2012 at 5:09 pm

I thought he literally juked someone into breaking their ankle on a move last night. Dude from the Giants twisted his knee trying to tackle him and Shady juked him like a chump.

• Beez Nutz October 1, 2012 at 5:12 pm

This Andrew sounds like more of a groupie than you Kyle… Grats !
    NO LOVE,
    Beez Nutz

• Your Mother October 2, 2012 at 8:40 am

I used to yell out my own name while getting railed in the backside by the football team in college. Those were the days…..

• skinnychuck October 2, 2012 at 1:44 pm

i went to pitt and played intramural basketball with shady and he did the same thing every dribble he would take never seen anything like it It was hard not to giggle when balling against him