Northampton County officials held a press conference today to address Garrett Reid’s death.
Some interesting things: As expected, Reid died of a heroin overdose. A spoon, syringe and unknown substance were found near his body, which was discovered by police on the floor of his dorm room, next to a chair. Officials say Reid was initially found slumped in the chair, but the Eagles’ team doctor pulled Reid off when using the defibrillator on him.
One person (unnamed) saw Reid twice the night before, at 11:15 p.m. and in the early morning hours, and didn’t notice anything amiss.
Reid’s manner of death is no longer under investigation. But police are still looking at his phone in an attempt to discover where or from whom he obtained 19 vials of an unknown liquid and over 100 syringes and needles that were in a Reebok gym bag, which was found in the room at Lehigh. Basically, who sold him the drugs?
There were some prescription drugs found, too, but officials don’t believe they were anything out of the ordinary.