Video: Raaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul

I’ve been conditioned to hate the Yankees with every fiber of my being. But excuse me for a moment as I get something out. I’m sorry, it’s been a while and I might get it everywhere: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL.

Sorry about your headboard.

There was a time when my phone autocompleted that. But not anymore. Ibanez is a Yankee now, and only wearing a Yankees jersey would a 40-year-old on the back end of his career hit game-tying and winning home runs in a playoff game while replacing one of the greatest players of all-time. Only in a Yankees jersey. That sort of thing only. fucking. happens. to. the. damn. Yankees.

Screen Shot 2012-10-11 at 8.36.43 AM

Anyway, that’s your #dickpunch for this morning: Raul Ibanez, beloved Phillie, now a Yankee, pinch-hit for Alex Rodriguez in the ninth inning yesterday and tied and won the game for the Yankees. And, if for just a brief moment, you found yourself rooting for the Bronx Bombers. Along with Shane Victorino:

Screen Shot 2012-10-11 at 9.10.13 AM
Screen grab via (@JennyD72)

Of course, there’s a silver lining to your confused pain– the complete emasculation of Alex Rodriguez by good guy Ibanez. Look at these New York columnists lining up to bury A-Rod. Raul did that, kids. Raul did that.

• Tom "The Animal" Evans October 11, 2012 at 8:46 am

Would have been nice if Rauuul did that for the phils during the last 2 postseasons. Never clutch for the phils. Pisses me off

• Johnny Nas October 11, 2012 at 8:48 am

Perfect article…I felt the same way…only the fuckin YANKEES would be able to pull something like this out…as much as I hate them, you have to respect the winning…FUCK

• FPR00 October 11, 2012 at 8:49 am

Saw a Yanks fan with a sign that read “RA” on the top line and “OOOL” on the bottom, at least in Philly we know our proper vowels.

• Tea Bag Williams October 11, 2012 at 8:54 am

I wonder if Shane Vic tweeted anything about that rauul HR

• SportsPhan October 11, 2012 at 9:04 am

Damn you Raul, you suck in the postseason with us, but 2 clutch HRs in 1 game for the Yanks? Smh.

• A Roid watches October 11, 2012 at 9:25 am

too bad Charlie never had the balls to pinch hit for his struggling ex-superstar…
    Joe Girardi – major league juevos…
    hate the Yankees, but happy for Raul – beooming a fan of Girardi

• Kevin Maas October 11, 2012 at 9:28 am

Where the fuck was this against SF & STL the last 2 postseasons!!
    Fuck Rauul & shane the wife- cheater gay tweets
    Fuck

• Mike October 11, 2012 at 9:40 am

He is on the Juice been saying it for years, But with that good for hime.

• Sandusky October 11, 2012 at 9:52 am

He must be juicing again, like he did the first half of his first season with the Phils, the only time he was ever good. Like Mike said.

• G. Murph's Major League Notebook October 11, 2012 at 9:58 am

I don’t get all this love for Ibanez. The guy had 2 good halves for the Phils in the 3 seasons he was here. He wasn’t a true Phillie. I could care less about him. I have no feelings towards those HR’s at all other than hating the Yankees.

• Rauuuullll October 11, 2012 at 10:00 am

Ibanez played 27 playoff games with the Phils – 17 RBI – he didn’t suck

• airedale October 11, 2012 at 10:18 am

Time for Phillies to sign A-rod to play third.

• Rube's Pubes October 11, 2012 at 10:22 am

G. Murph, how wasn’t he a true “Phillie”? I’d say that he was a damn good one. He put up respectable numbers for us, he was humble and was a true gentleman in the clubhouse as well as in the community. I’d take players like that any day.

• FACE October 11, 2012 at 10:44 am

Can’t help but be happy for him…still rooting for the A’s though.

• S.I.Co. October 11, 2012 at 10:46 am

So…that’s 2 posts on the front page about EX-philly players?
    While I’m happy for Ibanez, it’s time to move on.

• Kyle Scott October 11, 2012 at 11:55 am

OK– should I talk about the Phillies or Flyers game then?

• 3 Finger Lenny October 11, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I think Kyle should fly out to Germany & give us Danny and G updates

• whats that? October 11, 2012 at 1:41 pm

fuck the yankees and everyone that ever plays for them, period.

• G. Murph's Major League Notebook October 11, 2012 at 3:07 pm

Pubes, he wasn’t a true Phillie for all of the reasons I already stated. I can repeat them, but I’m not going to. He was an interloper, here and gone. He holds no great place in Phillies history.

• Daniel Griffoni October 11, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I would like to see the back of that bald head, if you know what i mean! What a man-hunk!

• Dedewiq October 22, 2012 at 9:33 am

Not sure. Texas has an incredible lniuep but their pitching scares nobody. However, trying to steal (or hit and run) with Pujols at bat is probably the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a baseball game. Then again, that’s not to excuse the Yankees from doing anything dumb they are certainly guilty of that. This WS has been somewhat enjoyable however the one blow out game sort of took something out of it. It’s going to be tough now for St. Louis, they lost a game that Carpenter started .. I think they needed to win that game to have a shot. Still, I will be rooting for a game 7 because those are always fun. St. Louis having home field is a separate issue. I’m starting to really come around to the idea that home field should be tied to the overall League records on interleague play. I think this creates interest in the interleague schedule, and could make for some interesting series as interleague play concludes. Say, for instance, the records are close heading into that final weekend of play . an otherwise boring matchup of KC vs. San Diego might determine home field advantage in the WS! I think fans in that city where the game will be played will be juiced and the national media will pay close attention. The nice thing is . you create a different situation every season. Could be fun!

• Bdeet October 22, 2012 at 4:19 pm

These asshat Red Sux fans aren’t capbale of understanding. You’d get a more intelligent response from a clam.2 titles in 90 years, and they think they own baseball. LMAO!!They are so JEALOUS of the Yankees they can’t see straight.I hope they enjoy their two little rings. They’ll look nice, hangin’ in their ears.They don’t respect team history because their team HAS no history worth remembering, except in the dead-ball era, before Ruth.They are the epitome of sore losers.

• Coni October 22, 2012 at 6:56 pm

But the most vital statistic is the Pirates won more games in that World Series of 1960 , 4 3. Forget about the hntiitg statistics.The Yankees got the @$%# * kicked out of them. No runs, no hits, no errors: Final Game statistic of the 1960 World Series, The Pittsburgh Pirates 4 New Yankees 3. HA, HA, HA Remember the Bill Mazorouski Home-run. Tough Cookies Yankee Fans. Yes , It hurts so bad Yankee Fans.You Yankee Fans have been sitting on Mommy’s Lap too long.