I don’t like Led Zeppelin, never have. I know they’re considered one of the best groups of all-time, but I always felt their songs – including Stairway To Heaven – hovered in neutral for too many minutes before turning out one memorable refrain. The term boring comes to mind. I know I’m in the minority here, but it’s just how I feel.
That’s sort of what the Eagles-Steelers game reminded me of: a Led Zepplin song. It seemed to drag on forever, nothing too exciting happened, and while you recognize some of the positive takeaways, ultimately the game left you feeling disappointed. Even the Steelers game-winning field goal was as anticlimactic as it comes.
We can blame Andy Reid – again – for allowing Vick to try to run into the end zone (that worked earlier this season), or for his fourth down decisions (which paid off). We can blame Vick, for fumbling, but he eventually gave the Eagles a chance to win. Or we can blame the defense for softening up when it mattered most. But that all comes with the territory and, in the end, the Eagles lost a sloppy road game to a perennial AFC powerhouse. It happens.
Let’s hit it.
But first, a word from our sponsors:
– Drinker’s West features a $10 all-you-can-eat football tailgate menu every Sunday and Monday. Tacos, fried ravs, bbq pork and more coupled with NFL RedZone. There’s really no better place to watch the games. Details.
– Sports Vault is the exclusive provider of signed Brian Dawkins memorabilia. Check it all out here.
– The Brian Dawkins Weapon X t-shirt from Philly Phaithful is a hot seller right now. Shop for that and other great jams from Philly’s number one sports apparel company… hither.
– Michael Vick, who, at 8:42 a.m., just dropped another football, has no explanation for his fumbles.
– The highlight of the game was quite possibly Kurt Coleman throwing Antonio Brown’s shoe off the field:
via Sports Grid
– Tim McManus goes on a search for Eagles sacks.
– EDP, whose videos now feature ads, was surprisingly calm over the loss… but the offensive line and Andy Reid’s decision to try a QB draw with Vick didn’t quite escape his wrath. Have to wonder if the success is going to EDP’s head a bit. Motherfucker seems to be losing his edge. We’ll keep an eye on this next week:
– Mila Kunis was named sexiest woman alive.
– The folks at Busted Coverage put together the hottest MLB playoff WAGs… by position.
– Finally, here’s video of the wedding brawl in Philly that led to a death this weekend: