UPDATE: Car Fire in Parking Lot Outside Lincoln Financial Field

Screen Shot 2012-11-11 at 7.09.49 PM
Bane? Pic via (@MarisaMagnatta)

This is what the end of an era looks like: Quarterback concussed. Team blaring music to drown out boos. FUCKING CARS ON FIRE!

We don’t know for sure what happened (see updates). But, the above pic of a what is apparently a car on fire in the parking lot outside Lincoln Financial Field was tweeted by WMMR’s Marisa Magnatta. She didn't give any details, and neither did a Philly.com article, but we do have these Tweets. Take them with a grain of salt, for now:

Screen Shot 2012-11-11 at 7.11.40 PM

Screen Shot 2012-11-11 at 7.11.40 PM

Screen Shot 2012-11-11 at 7.11.40 PM

See anything? Have video? See this guy? Let us know.

Screen Shot 2012-11-11 at 7.20.55 PM

UPDATE: Here's another pic via reader Dan (@dryan32):

Screen Shot 2012-11-11 at 8.03.47 PM

UPDATE 2: Another pic from Mac in the comments. Jane writes that it was caused by hot charcoals, not intentional:

Screen Shot 2012-11-11 at 8.08.48 PM

UPDATE 3: 97.3 ESPN's Ryan Messick spoke with a AAA service guy. He was told it was an Eagles fan's car and was, indeed, accidental.

• Pat Mullen November 11, 2012 at 7:29 pm

National media is going to love this. God I hate white trash eagles fans.
    Reason #1 I will never attend a game at the Linc to be in the presence of low life animals
    SMDH

• House November 11, 2012 at 7:30 pm

classy

• Bitter Old Woman November 11, 2012 at 7:30 pm

stay classy Philly. this team is not worth going to jail over.

• Done with this shit November 11, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I hope whoever did this dies on Christmas morning.

• larry November 11, 2012 at 7:31 pm

vladdy fucks you up.

• @KingofBlueBell November 11, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Makes me hate saying I’m from Philly.

• John Locke November 11, 2012 at 7:40 pm

It’s just me as the smoke monster..

• Ron Burgandy November 11, 2012 at 7:43 pm

The arsonist had oddly shaped feet.

• Anna November 11, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Hope the punk gets caught & it ruins his Christmas

• Thomas E Merschen November 11, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Hey Wesley, Beat it loser. Get a life. I guarantee dudie deserved it. He probably had a cowboy jersey on. You just don’t do that in my city. He’s lucky he wasn’t put to sleep.

• Mac November 11, 2012 at 8:07 pm

• Jane November 11, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Not a fan setting a person’s car on fire. It was a grill that still had lit coals underneath of it that set the car on fire. Literally happens at football games, nationwide, every weekend. People are dumb.

• Adam November 11, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Wow, if true, this makes me embarrassed to be an Eagles fan. I hate this city sometimes.

• Kenny Junod November 11, 2012 at 8:10 pm

There was a lot of slamming pussy at xfinity today.
    I almost got my dick sucked in there

• Joe November 11, 2012 at 8:11 pm

This is what happens when you fuck a friend!

• Gray November 11, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Thomas? Are you 7 years old? It’s a football game – not one of those players gives two fucks about you, and you would be willing to harm another human being because they cheer for a different group of millionaires?
    “My city”? Are you the fucking mayor and I missed it? Nah, i’ll bet you are some two bit piece of white trash that lives their entire life through this football team. When you can say “hey, it’s ok that somebody car just got destroyed” over football, then you need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

• Joe November 11, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Notice to all the dopes out there that its still daylight. That means the game is not more than a quarter over at best so it was an angry mob after a loss. Go to Oakland or LA where a cript or a blood will stab you or a family man will get beaten into a coma for wearing a San Fran jersey. Eagles fans are the most educated sports fans in all of sport. I’ve been to Dallas’ new building and there’s more Mexicans in it than whites. It’s awful. It’s all the narrow minded dimwits that bring up nonsense like this when its untrue. Every year some dope puts his grill under his car and it catches fire. Get a life morons. If you really knew Philly sports fans your tune would change.

• Propper November 11, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Thomas- is a typical Philly 700 level, Angelo cataldi loving, loserrrr.
    Seriously are you 7 years old like the above comment suggested???

• Propper November 11, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Thomas is an embarrassment

• Candy from the Oak November 11, 2012 at 8:42 pm

probably some wt scumbag kid from delco, who couldn’t afford a tix

• Candy from the Oak November 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm

one second thought, it probably was Britt Reid cooking meth

• Phil November 11, 2012 at 8:55 pm

1000 to 1 odds it was coals.
    Are they NY plates? And a Cowboys fan? I bet that guy was real popular.

• Lex Luger November 11, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Lol at candy

• Edward Murphy November 11, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Where is the security???? This is absolutely ridiculous. I have been saying for years that there needs to either be a ban on all potentially explosive devices OR a fire marshall supervising a centralized grilling station. Mr. Scott, any word on if there were any injuries or fatalities? I can only pray that we have averted a serious tragedy. Completely stunned and dismayed.

• Thomas E Merschen November 11, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Bottom line is this….. Wear another jersey in my stadium, your car will not survive. I’m dying for a Super Bowl here. So don’t flaunt your cowboy colors around me and my boys.

• Thomas E Merschen November 11, 2012 at 9:14 pm

And Eddie Murph,
    I guarantee dude deserved it. Anyone with Ny plates and a cowboy jersey gets what’s coming.

• 3 Finger Lenny November 11, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I was tailgating before the eagles ravens game & the tailgaters nearby generator blew up, luckily I had a fire extinguisher in my truck to put it out.
    This happens under the radar all the time during tailgates.

• Wilky03chs November 11, 2012 at 9:21 pm

haha cowboys win i love it suck it eagles fans dont sign people out of jail and get rid of your fat ass lazy coach and maybe you might be able to gang in atleast this division hahaha

• teamozzy November 11, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Thomas is pure trash

• JT November 11, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Lmao at Ed Murphy & his nonsense

• Edward Murphy November 11, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Mr. Merschen,
    First of all, it is Edward Murphy, please do not give me nicknames that are unwarranted and insulting. Secondly, are you stating on the record that you intentionally set a vehicle on fire with the full intention of injuring another human being or their possession?? All because they were born/raised in a different locale then yourself? All because they cheer for a different organization then yourself? Either you are pulling a childish, humorless prank or you are a sick, deranged young man who needs serious counseling. I got news for you. There is nothing funny about it. An individual’s life was destroyed tonight. You make me sick. Grow up, act like an adult.

• Edward Murphy November 11, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Mr. Lenny,
    Let me be the first to commend you for your selfless, courageous act. I have a large degree of pride knowing that there are Americans out there like yourself who don’t even think twice about risking their own lives to save others. Knowing you as well as I do, I am not surprised at this news. Thank you again.
    Mr. Lenny is absolutely right, these fires and near death experiences happen almost on a weekly basis at Philadelphia Eagles events. Something needs to be done immediately.

• Amanda November 11, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Couldn’t agree more with Edward

• Thomas E Merschen November 11, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Amanda, beat it. Go make me a sandwich for now and another for lunch tomorrow.
    What don’t you guys get? It’s not ok to wear a cowboy jersey in Philly. It’s just not. He should be thankful he didn’t get a beat down like that dide that mouthed off after the winter classic.
    Welcome to Philly bitches.

• Thomas is a punk bitch who needs to suck my dick November 11, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Thomas, your mom should have swallowed what was busted all over her white trash face. I hope you get rapped in the ass by a pinecone you pussy bitch!!

• Chance- Vice President of the GnA Falcons November 11, 2012 at 10:00 pm

I agree with merchen, nobody comes into the parking lot wearing a cowboys jersey without getting a punch to the back of the head. Fuck the cowoys, dude deserved his car lit up like the 4th of July

• Thomas E Merschen November 11, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I’m not gay dude so I won’t suck your dick.
    Pretty weird request on a sports blog.
    Probably a cowboy fan pussy that got a smack today for wearing that jersey.

• NotAnEaglesFan November 11, 2012 at 10:07 pm

So I’m not an Eagles fan but I have gone to a few games to see the Bears play their starting when I was 12. At the age of 12 I had grown men throwing beer at me because I was wearing a Bears hat. I went with my granddad after that and he was maliciously and physically attacked. I understand that most fans are not animals, but at the games there is a mob mentality to the point where it isn’t safe to go if you wish to support for a visiting team. The fact that we’re jumping to the conclusion that it was probably done by fans to a Cowboys fan’s car is pretty much a synopsis of what goes on at these games year in and year out.

• Thomas E Merschen November 11, 2012 at 10:14 pm

And some female on here better be fixing me a fucking sandwich.
    Not and eagles fan..
    You learned not to wear that shit in my stadium, my city. Me and my boys don’t stand for that shit.

• it was coals November 11, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Go to a Bears/Eagles game in Chicago and let me know how many bouquets of flowers they hand you. It’s every stadium because our country has devolved into a sea of idiocy as you can clearly see on this page.
    Thomas Merschen probably had his ass licked by a priest. Last week.

• 3 Finger Lenny November 11, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Thank you Mr. Murphy.
    I advise all fans out there tailgating to follow my 2 rules:
    1) Periodically remove grease or fat buildup in trays below the grill so it cannot be ignited by a hot grill that will start a blaze uncontrollable
    2) Keep women & children from the grill area: declare a three-foot “safe zone” around the grill.
    Suppose to be fun tailgating but the danger is out there if you let your guard down

• 3 Fingers in My Ass Lenny November 11, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Oh and I almost forgot
    3) Meet me behind those trailers where everyone pisses and cum on my face

• Thomas is a punk bitch who needs to suck my dick November 11, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Thomas your boys are pussies you probably bang each other in the ass, along with that Chance bitch!!

• NotAnEaglesFan November 11, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Generally, I like to see Philly teams do well because it’s more fun when everyone gets excited. But when I see how fans act with wanton disregard towards property and human life on a consistent basis, it’s very hard for me to agree with this city’s sentiment that “The fans deserve a Super Bowl”

• Pat Mullen November 11, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Eagles fans are the epitome of white trash.
    I hope they never get a Super Bowl

• Look at me I write funny comments November 11, 2012 at 10:34 pm

How many user names can this one guy think of? Oh and they just confirmed it was coals and it happened before the game. Dumbasses.

• 3 finger lenny November 11, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I like to blow cowboys fans

• Candy from the Oak November 12, 2012 at 1:10 am

Like a good neighbor

• kuvasz November 12, 2012 at 1:25 am

You have to look at the bright side. At least this time they didn’t set the Cowboy fan on fire.

• Larry November 12, 2012 at 4:15 am

Just so you know, as with most stories of Eagles fans, this is greatly exaggerated to make Eagles fans look like monsters. I was at this game, I was in this parking lot. What we have here is a dumbass, not a shitty Eagles fan. Some guy that was done grilling and ready to go to the game didn’t want to just set his still very hot grill NEXT to his car for fear it would get stolen. He put it UNDER his car, hence the fire.
    Guess you’ll have to go back to the Santa story (which happened in 1968 by the way). Here’s the real story of that as well. When the booked Santa didn’t show for the gig, the Eagles guys took a drunk out of the stands that was dressed like Santa to take his place.

• tr November 12, 2012 at 6:33 am

Wait people arent understanding thomas is being sarcastic? You people are gullible. He is playing off of eagle fan stereotypee. Wow

• Angelo Cataldi November 12, 2012 at 7:12 am

I ejaculated on a cowboys fan

• Burnz November 12, 2012 at 7:14 am

Kyle’s hoping to get a viewing bump like when he exploited the NY cop getting jumped after the Flyers game

• S. Harrison November 12, 2012 at 7:39 am

It seems to me that some people just need some context in their lives. Sports are a great way to be a part of something bigger than yourself. It’s great to root for a team and even that much better when your team starts winning. That said, sports are nothing to burn someones car over. Who cares if they want another team to win? Honestly, it makes no difference.

• Candy from the Oak November 12, 2012 at 8:16 am

By the make and model of the car it was probably a wet back or a brother committing insurance fraud

• Gray November 12, 2012 at 8:46 am

Eagles fans are the biggest group of white trash this side of the Mason-Dixon. They live up to just about every stereotype this country has about our overall sports fanbase.

• Ilya Bryzgalov November 12, 2012 at 8:53 am

Why car on fire?

• Your Mother November 12, 2012 at 9:06 am

Ilya, because my big ass was fucking on the hood of that car and the friction caused by the heavy dicking I was taking ignited that muthafucka on fire.
    On a more serious note, It’s funny how people are too fucking stupid to read the article and just comment about how fucked up eagles fans are for burning a car down. You all are assholes.

• Rube's Pubes November 12, 2012 at 9:26 am

Hi, I’m Kyle Scott, I like to bitch and moan at the way that the national media portrays the Philadelphia sports fan base however I will post a story about Eagles fans allegedly setting a Cowboys fans car on fire before getting the facts. “Take them with a grain of salt” doesn’t cover your ass you dickbag. A car on fire at an Eagles game is not news. And you crossed the line with your “go Cowboys” post. You (and most other Eagles fans) can think it all they want if it will help the team in the end but never post that on a blog. I can’t think of a worse representative of Philadelphia sports fans.

• MM November 12, 2012 at 9:41 am

i can’t believe i missed an Edward Murphy post, i shoulda made that no good bitch rake the leaves.