The Eagles Held Their Very Own Airing of Grievances, of Sorts

Kyle Scott - November 1, 2012

Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 5.28.55 PM

A player source told CBS NFL insider Mike Freeman that the players-only meeting held by the Eagles this week (which quite possibly may have been the most unlikable collection of Philly athletes ever assembled in one place) was “part motivational, part finger pointing, but overall fairly positive.”

That’s a tad cryptic, and not even a bit surprising, but still it’s another annoying bit of tid from the Eagles. Like, who could even point fingers right now? If all 53 guys stood in front of a huge mirror, dongs out, and pointed at their respective poles, or if they demonstrated colossal feats of strength by beating some sense into each other, then I’d be OK with this. If not, it just sounds like more crybaby bullshit to the rest of us.

• JT Snow November 1, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Lol

• Swoop November 1, 2012 at 5:47 pm

who cares at this point… fuck this team… underachieving overpaid losers

• The Duke November 1, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Too late! This should of happened after the devastating loss to Detroit. Andy should not have given the players a week off and addressed this head-on. Instead they get the week off and put a pathetic performance against Atlanta. We’re now 3-4 and the Giants continue pulling off last minute wins. This team is average at best. Big changes needed! I’m afraid that losing is the only way they’ll make them. If that is the case.. I’m ok with losing.

• e November 1, 2012 at 6:24 pm

BLOW.IT.UP.

• Frank Costanza November 1, 2012 at 6:36 pm

This is how it happened from an Eagles Insider:
    And at the team meeting, you gather the players around, and tell them all the ways they have disappointed you over the past year! The meeting begins with the Airing of Grievances.
    “I got a lot of problems with you people! And now, you’re gonna hear about it.” yelled one Eagles player.
    “You, linemen. Your plays stinks! You couldn’t block a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe…I lost my train of thought.”
    It was real intense.

• Dirk Anger November 1, 2012 at 7:41 pm

The most unlikeable collection of Philly athletes is the understatement of the year. I thought they were pretty unlikeable last year but I was wrong. This group wins the douchebag trophy. Minus McCoy.

• This Site Sucks November 1, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Waaaaaah this team isn’t nice and is unlikable waaaaaah. Fuck this city is full of pussies like Kyle Scott. Sensitive fucking twats.

• fresh November 2, 2012 at 12:50 am

I assume most fingers pointing at Babin and immediately he takes no accountability and blames others.
    I would seriously bet my first born that happened at some point.

• ThePhillyFlash November 2, 2012 at 4:42 am

And I’m guessing that the players ending the meeting by holding hands and singing “Kumbaya”. What an unlikable bunch of turds. This season, and the inevitable destruction of the coaching staff and roster can’t come soon enough.

• andy is an overrated arrogant cunt and this is the result November 2, 2012 at 6:14 am

Should have welded the doors shut while they were inside.

• 3 Finger Lenny November 2, 2012 at 8:03 am

Wonder if they ordered a couple of pizza’s for the meeting

• Al TRU November 2, 2012 at 9:23 am

Someone sent me a forwarded email which said
    ” Eagles lose to the Saints, Reid gets fired”
    the source is a local sports personality.

• MOcha Tacos November 2, 2012 at 11:05 am

Someone sent me a forwarded email which said
    “You are the last living relative of a Nigerian oil barron”
    the source is your mother’s anus

• Uncle Meat November 2, 2012 at 11:24 am

I’m thinking the Eagles will have the unfortunate distinctions of not only losing to the Saints, but being the first team NOT to gain 400+ yds on them.