The Eagles lost again last night and thus concludes our game recap.
Let’s hit it.
But first, a word from our sponsors:
– CHRISTMAS MOVIE QUIZZO. Next Wednesday, December 12. 8:30 p.m. Drinker’s Tavern in Old City (2nd and Market). Four rounds: Home Alone, Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and Elf.
– Want to meet Chase Utley? Yeah, you do. He’ll be signing autographs at the Valley Forge Casino on Saturday, December 8 from 1 – 3:30. Donovan McNabb will be at the Sports Vault in the King of Prussia Mall on Saturday, January 5 from 1 – 2:30. Details and tickets here.
– Philly Phaithful’s new line celebrating the upcoming 20th anniversary of the ’93 Fightins is here and you can get three t-shirts for $50 using code cbgiftpack. Shop here.
Or… you can shop at Philly Phaithful’s new retail showroom at 737 N. 4th Street. They celebrated their grand opening on Saturday with a wall – literally, a wall – of ’93 t-shirts:
– Shop The Armadillo Club for a selection of sports and Philly-specific t-shirts. Celebrate The Minister of Defense, Whitey, and other Philly-related icons. Shop here.
– The Monkey’s Uncle, in Doylestown, specializes in licensed throwback and current Philly sports gear, including Kelly Green Eagles wear, Broad Street Bullies apparel, and more. You can visit their store at 21 East State St. in Doylestown, or, even better, shop online.
– Get Sixers, Eagles and concert tickets for low prices using Crossing Broad Tickets. The best seats from the secondary market, all in one place, sortable by event, price and location.
– The Eagles fired Jim Washburn this morning. Conveniently, they sent out the release just as Eagles reporters were about to board a plane from Dallas.
– The 0-2 pitch. Swing and a miss, struck him out. The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of baseball. Brad Lidge does it again and stays perfect for the 2008 season.
Brad Lidge retired last night. He informed his agents that he enjoyed spending time with his family while rehabbing from injury last season and he wants to do more of that. He will be missed.
– Citing a source, Mark Eckel of the Times of Trenton says Andy Reid may coach the Cowboys next season:
According to an extremely reliable source, who is close to Reid, the long-time Eagles head coach could be the head coach of the archrival Cowboys next year.
Of course, that is all based on Reid being fired by the Eagles, which is expected, and Jason Garrett being let go by the Cowboys, which isn’t quite as sure, but certainly could happen if Dallas does not make the playoffs.
– On Friday, the Eagles hired a replacement for fired VP of Communications Rob Zeiger. They brought on Anne Gordon, the former managing editor of the Inquirer, for the newly created position of Sr. VP of Media and Communications. She is friends with Jeffrey Lurie and co-founded a Yacht brokerage. I’m sure she’ll relate well to the target demo.
– The MLB Winter Meetings start today, which means our running commentary returns. That will be up shortly. For now, though, here’s a Tweet from Jon Heyman that says the Dodgers are making Dee Gordon available. He struggled last season after an impressive rookie campaign. But he’s only 24 and had suffered a thumb injury.
I don’t hate the idea of him winding up with the Phillies as a potential heir to Jimmy Rollins’ throne. Gordon is under contract until 2018.
– League owners and players will meet directly – without Gary Bettman or Donald Fehr to get in the way – tomorrow. This is a good sign, but we’re still not close to a deal. Ed Snider will not be in attendance.
– John Harbaugh and Mike Tomlin had an awkard handshake following the Steelers-Ravens game.
– Jerry Jones scratching his nuts.
– Bryce Brown keeps dropping the football, but he’s been very good.
– Blonde Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders.
– Bob Costas gave a poem about guns during halftime last night.
– Shopping Amazon this holiday season? Sure you are. Click our link and support your favorite sports blog when you do. We’ll get a small commission for referring the sale. Item of the day? Batman Dark Knight Trilogy on Blu-Ray and DVD for $20 and $30, respectively.
Jerry Jones might be clueless as the day is long, but not even HE would be stupid enough to snatch up Reid who could well finish his run in Philly with TWELVE STRAIGHT LOSSES.
As for Brad Lidge, good luck in retirement, sir. You’ll always be remembered for what you did for the Phillies in 2008.
Anyone see Jones’ grandson or whoever that ugly motherfucker was behind him in the 4th quarter last night? That kid looks inbred as fuck
Little Bob Costas needs to learn how to shut the fuck up and talk about things he knows a little bit more about, Football, and stay the fuck away from political issues he is fucktarded about.
dee gordon sucks
I guess it didn’t occur to Costas (or the NFL, since they obviously endorse his politics) that a gigantic football player could have easily overpowered and killed a 22-year-old girl in any number of ways.
But his words sure was purty, so I guess us stupid peasants should be glad for the teachin!
At the very least, Costas expressed horrible naivete regarding his halftime commentary, at worst, it was downright stupid. If an assassination attempt on a sitting president (Ronald Reagan, 1981), senseless killings of popular celebrities like John Lennon, or massacres such as Columbine couldn’t move the needle on truly comprehensive gun control even a little bit, what are the chances that the murder-suicide of a previously unknown football player and his girlfriend could change anything? Short answer, it won’t.
Ed Snider is busy stocking up on Viagra for the honeymoon. Good luck and a million thank yous to Brad Lidge for one of the greatest sports seasons in Philadelphia.
I don’t think Andy wants to go to Dallas without final say of the franchise like he had in Philly. Also: Good riddance to the Heisenberg look-alike. He was always a hack.
Jets jerseys china are at super low price and good quality
No tax!we promise you get the Bucks in 3-6 days and never be disappointed with our products.don’t wait any more.
Comments are closed.