Here’s an Article About Roy Halladay Being a Legend

image from mobilwi.typepad.com

I’ve been sick for the past 36 hours (two weeks, actually), hence the lack of updates. But I sweated out my fever last night after housing a Brooklyn-style pizza and breadsticks from Dominos with Ms. CB (I think they inspired my body to void and purge itself of every foreign substance), and now I feel great. So while I get caught up, here’s a must-read story from Jeff Passan of Yahoo! about Roy Halladay being a legend

Beyond the tangible numbers, there was always an intangible undercurrent to the praise foisted on Halladay. Players on every team want to be known as the workout king, the guy who will lift until blood vessels pop in his eyes. Baseball frowns upon this. The silent leader is a baseball trope, and Halladay embodies it. Getting up in the middle of the night to work out before everyone else isn't an affront to everyone else. It's a challenge.

"The legend grew bigger than reality," Halladay said. "Anytime you do something different, a lot of attention gets put on it. I've always tried to work hard. I'm not trying to show anybody up or do something spectacular for attention. I want to get ready. Those things take on a life of their own."

Great stuff from Passan here.

• Dan Griffoni March 1, 2013 at 10:51 am

Well slap me silly and call me Rhonda, I’d like to get up before everyone else with him as well, if you know what i mean…

• Moop March 1, 2013 at 10:52 am

It’s an article about an article.

• Your Mother March 1, 2013 at 11:00 am

That is not pizza. It must suck to think that is what pizza tastes like. You son, are a disgrace to the region.

• Deezy March 1, 2013 at 11:03 am

Moop, are you new here? Links to other people’s actual writing and Twitter screenshot after Twitter screenshot are considered “articles” to Kyle.

• TonyViagra March 1, 2013 at 11:06 am

Back up off Kyle wit dat shit yo, I like his work

• Dan Griffoni March 1, 2013 at 11:11 am

@Deezy, shut ur pie hole. Speaking of articles, lets me up and shed some “articles” of clothing, if you know what i mean…

• Christina Lurie's Left Tit March 1, 2013 at 11:13 am

Kyle makes me drip with excitement, everytime he posts something.

• Mike Saunders March 1, 2013 at 11:23 am

I heard Doc has a big dick

• MM March 1, 2013 at 11:47 am

Plus all that dick you ate yesterday…

• Eric March 1, 2013 at 11:58 am

Halladay is Baseball’s Bill Brasky. F’n love it!!

• Dan Griffoni March 1, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Shut it Eric, you tool. Let’s mate.

• Donkey Dick March 1, 2013 at 1:14 pm

It was only a matter of time before Kyle got aids with all the dudes he bangs.
    Can you imagine the size of the dump Ms CB took after eating that slop. It must have been glorious.

• Moop March 1, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Deezy, nope. I am new to twitter though, and when I saw his post retweeted, I thought maybe… just maybe, he had written something.

• Mike Meech March 1, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Man, This is how a blog should be done. I fucked up and blamed Kyle for everything, but I’m a douchebag asshole, so I post on here under 12 different names to criticize Kyle for everything he does. Also I like Penises (Penii?) in and around my mouth. While Kyle has a banging Fiance and owns a home, I live with my mom and I citicize him, because I want his life.
    Rhea Hughes I’m looking for work!!!!!
    My life sucks.

• Mike Meech March 1, 2013 at 1:58 pm

When I’m sick I cannot even go to the doctor. I don’t even have Health Insurance.

• The Truth March 1, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Was that supposed to be a joke making fun of Meech?

• The Truth March 1, 2013 at 2:04 pm

“While Kyle has a banging Fiance and owns a home, I live with my mom and I citicize him, because I want his life.”
    Did someone really just write this?

• MM March 1, 2013 at 2:12 pm

pretty sure the bank owns the home, less pops paid for it.

• Adam From Claymont March 1, 2013 at 2:27 pm

while i have to agree that this is an “article about an article” thats neither here nor there…. fact of the matter is that roy halladay is exactly what the headline states… LEGEND… while i at first was upset with the amount it took to get him here, i quickly saw that we had gained one of the greatest in the history of the sport. Beyond the numbers, or the lack of championships. Roy is what every coach pushes every player to be and what every player dreams to be. He may not be able to get that ring till this year, but i am forever grateful as a baseball fan to being given a front row seat getting to know Roy as a player….

• The Truth March 1, 2013 at 2:47 pm

When trying to justify a player being one of the best ever, it should never include the sentence
    “Beyond the numbers, or the lack of championships”
    Sincerely,
    The Truth

• Dan Griffoni March 1, 2013 at 4:21 pm

the truth, let’s go to a sixers game and hold hands followed by doing the slappitty tappitty in your parent’s basement!

• SportsPhan8 March 2, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Roy Halladay is one of the greatest pitchers, and consummate professionals/class acts, to play the game.
    Maddux
    Clemens
    Cy Young
    Big Unit
    Lefty
    Koufax
    Glavine
    Seaver
    Gibson
    Palmer
    Nolan Ryan
    Pedro Martinez
    Doc
    & eventually, probably, Verlander, & maybe Lincecum if he returns to his old self.