Video: Chris Pronger is Not in Good Shape

No Events Available
Spread
Moneyline
Total

Screen Shot 2013-03-07 at 8.55.50 AM

Here’s a heartbreaking interview with Chris Pronger from SportsNet in Canada. Excerpts from the interview, including this one…

“What’s happened was I had 30-year-old eyes. I got hit and the doctor told me I had 60-year-old eyes,” the former Hartford Whaler, St. Louis Blue, Edmonton Oiler, Anaheim Duck and Philadelphia Flyer tells Murphy. “I don’t have very good peripheral vision. That so-called sixth sense? I used to really have a good one. Now, I couldn’t feel anybody comin’ around a corner. My kids scare me all the time.

“That used to be what I was known for: knowing where everybody was; having a feel for who was around me. Now I don’t have that.”

… were posted yesterday, with the two-part interview airing later in the day.

Pronger won’t say he’s retiring, but it doesn’t look and sound good.

Watch it, after the jump.

• Will Smiff March 7, 2013 at 9:20 am

It sucks he’s got health issues, but I’d still trade my life for his (even though I’d be losing a decade). Dude is filthy rich, married to a total smokeshow, and I’m pretty sure once he does retire that he’ll find a nice tv gig.

• C.S. March 7, 2013 at 9:38 am

Just sad to see a future hall of gamer go out this way. He deserves better

• The Duke March 7, 2013 at 9:39 am

Definitely sad and I feel bad for him. I got sick to my stomach watching that happen and i knew he was done. Ironically the early reports said he would be fine. Wish the NHL would grow some and mandate shields for players!
    I also feel bad for us! I’m convinced there is a curse in this town. We land the guy who can take us over the top after 35+ years of watching other organizations raise the Cup and this happens. A few years later and we’ve dropped to a team fighting to make the playoffs. Losing Shea Webber this summer hurt!

• Candy from the Oak March 7, 2013 at 9:42 am

Wonder if he can still fuck his wife or at least play with her rack

• Candy from the Oak March 7, 2013 at 10:12 am

This might explain his horrible play that cost us the cup in 2010

• ThePhillyFlash March 7, 2013 at 10:32 am

It is sad when a real beast of a player like Pronger is rendered merely human, and terribly vulnerable from an injury like he suffered. Well, I can only hope Pronger will be able to get on with the rest of his life, and if he still needs to satisfy his hockey fix, he could get a job in the Flyers organization as a coach or assistant. Heaven knows young players in the minors could benefit from his wealth of experience.

• Peremy Jaul March 7, 2013 at 10:56 am

Jeremy – he’s doing the Flyers a favor by NOT retiring. If he stays I retired they can keep him on LTIR and his salary doesn’t count against the cap. If he does retire then his salary does count against the cap based on his age when signing his contract. It would be in his best interest to retire now – he still gets paid, plus he could start working in TV now and collect another check.

• Peremy Jaul March 7, 2013 at 10:58 am

stays active* not “I retired”

• cunt March 7, 2013 at 11:05 am

Sucks dosnt it?? Yet you ignorant fucks will root and hope for Sidney Crosby injuries. Pathetic excuses for people.

• Count March 7, 2013 at 11:18 am

^Dude is obviously a troll posing as a pens fun
    Don’t use that word it’s so sharp!

• MM March 7, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Edward Murphy has been railing against players who fail to wear shields for years. he saw this type of thing coming.

• Uncle Meat March 7, 2013 at 12:12 pm

hey cunt, aka trolling-pens-fan – Pronger’s injury was part of the game, an unfortunate thing that can happen to any player in any game. Ask the guy that crosby punched in the nuts from behind if that’s a normal part of the game.

• affordable search engine optimization April 9, 2013 at 3:23 pm

In all honesty this became an incredible indepth report even so as with most fantastic copy writers there are a few points that may be worked about. Nevertheless never ever the particular significantly less it was stimulating.