Bob Costas is Such an Incredible Dick, Even When He Quips About the Mets

Kyle Scott - June 17, 2013

Before updating this post with a better-quality video, I had quipped (I like quipping, and I like that word and I shall use it more) about how Bob Costas would read one of his society-judging poems while at Merion this weekend. He didn’t do that. But, he did make fun of the Mets and quickly quipped about the “ongoing decline of western civilization” when he quipped that the Mets looked like a team that had just won the World Series after they (rightfully) celebrated one of their rare victories. The irony that Costas delivered that quip from a members-only club that costs upwards of $70,000 to join so rich white people can join other rich white people in playing games of skill and regaling each other with quips about putting their horses out to stud… well, it isn’t lost on me.

Quip.

• Fourth Down Freddie June 17, 2013 at 11:40 am

If there’s a more condescending, arrogant, know it all, “I’m the genius of the sportsworld”, sportscaster, I’d like to know who it is. I’ve never bought that a-holes drivel.

• Threadkiller June 17, 2013 at 11:44 am

Lupica?

• AL Tru June 17, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations.
    – George Orwell

• ThePhillyFlash June 17, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Costas is such an uber-pretentious dick, it isn’t funny. Why anyone gives this clown a stage to spew his high and mighty drivel is a mystery to me.

• PhillySportPhan June 17, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Should a guy who went to Villanova really be making jokes about “rich white people”? Watch out, they may revoke your degree

• AL Tru June 17, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Here in NJ I used to laugh at the bumper sticker ” London…Paris…Rome….Haddonfield ”
    Pretentious Fooks.

• instyler pas cher June 21, 2013 at 8:12 am

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your next write ups thank you once again.

• céline buy online July 6, 2013 at 6:29 am

wonderful points altogether, you just received brand new|a new} reader. What would you suggest about your publish that you just made some days in the past? Any certain?