Charlie Manuel Won His 1,000th Game Last Night, Flashed His Dentures

Charlie_manuel
Late start today as I used a witch’s broom and a 2 x 4 to save the kitchen from the Great Flood of 2013. Heed those iPhone flash flood warnings– those things aren’t messing around.

Charlie Manuel won his 1,000th game last night. He would have done it two weeks ago if his team hadn’t given up on the season. And he probably would have done it in April if Ruben Amaro was competent. But it happened last night and we (I’m including you, the CB reader) salute Charlie, who flashed his dentures to celebrate the occasion.

• Zach Bermans booster seat August 13, 2013 at 10:49 am

The guy can’t wear his hat properly. He embarasses the city everytime he is shown on tv with his hat pushed in. C’mon Charlie, you’re an adult. Make yourself presentable. Look in a mirror before you become visible in public, and stop maing yourself look like a bigger jackass than you already are..

• Charlie's Dentures August 13, 2013 at 11:18 am

Sorry, Zach. We were too busy winning 5 division titles a league championship and a World Series to fidget with our caps.

What have you been doing the last few years?

• Mikemm August 13, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Fuck you,Charlie rocks

• Candy from the Oak August 13, 2013 at 11:03 am

Mmmmmmm, I sure would like a “gummer” from him

• ThePhillyFlash August 13, 2013 at 11:18 am

Yeah, from the way it rained this morning, I thought I’d have to take Noah’s Ark home from work. I can’t wait to see what condition my basement’s in when I get back later. As for Uncle Charlie—-URGH!

• morandini August 13, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Congratulations, Uncle Cholly. Although you’re going out with a whimper, we’ve had a hell of a ride. Thanks for the memories.