Watch the Flyers’ New Web Series Flight Plan

Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 10.08.38 AM
Last night the Flyers debuted their new web series, Flight Plan. The brainchild of super secret top secret NSA inside reporter Anthony SanFilippo (who almost died this weekend from a bug bite– he’s fine now), Flight Plan fills the 24/7 gap by taking us ashore on Dry Island. The first episode provides a (delightfully censored) view of the Flyers’ draft board and their draft room, where this phrase was uttered by Director of Scouting Chris Pryor: This is a come to Jesus meeting. We got to fucking get this right.

Nice. Raw. The way I like it.

I didn’t get a chance to watch the full thing – the Flyers’ draft is a bit too nerdy for me, but it’s the summer and they had little to work with – but the production quality seems quite good. The plan is to continue these throughout the season, and if the Flyers don’t censor themselves too much, the series should give fans a unique view of the team… and perhaps Paul Holmgren’s decision-making process, which I assume includes some combination of a dart board, gun and a list of flight statuses to and from the City of Angels.

Watch the full episode after the jump

• Uncle Meat August 7, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I don’t remember the other guy’s name, but I hope Morin turns out to be just as good or better than the much larger Russian that was taken after him.

• Jim August 7, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Morin was the biggest guy in the draft, he’s 6″6.

• Uncle Meat August 7, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Okay, but wasn’t the Russian about 30-40 lbs heavier? Height isn’t much if you’re a stick, just ask Coburn.

• Norman Lee August 7, 2013 at 1:01 pm

The guy in the hat kind of looks like Riley Cooper

• Hey August 7, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Is Ed Snider still alive? Then I don’t give a fuck about the Flyers. The man is a walking curse.

• DonPiano August 7, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I know a girl, that loves to swirl & twirl

• Slammin Gretzky's Daughter August 7, 2013 at 1:34 pm

*Phlight Plan

• Jimmy Russell August 7, 2013 at 2:40 pm

#EdSniderisahero

#EdSnowdenisahero

• WTF88 August 7, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Could there have been anymore Ex-Flyers in that room, bad one’s at that. Where were Al Hill and Peter White? It was actually painful to listen to their evaluation “He’ll whack you with his F-ing stick”. Brilliant. I loved Dave Brown as a player, but I don’t need him picking the talent. This team is made up of dinosaur’s. Holmgren looked as clueless as ever. Good to see Pronger contribute, even with his shoes off. I would have loved to see what he had up on his laptop. Something tells me it wasn’t the draft order.

• ED SNIDER August 7, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Gentlemen, just go out there and hit people! Hard! I won two cups that way 40 years ago, and nothing has changed! Bob Clarke is coming this afternoon to take every computer and VCR from this building and donate them to charity! We don’t need technology! We need to be big and hit people, like 40 years ago! Where is my teeneage cum bucket of a wife!

• faith August 8, 2013 at 2:43 pm