Howard Eskin is Shredding Shane Victorino for No Apparent Reason

I have almost no doubt that, at some point, Shane Victorino snubbed Howard Eskin and that, now, Eskin will rip him every chance he gets. I mean, what else could explain these vicious, pointless Tweets during the playoffs:

Voila_Capture401
Voila_Capture400
Voila_Capture399

Voila_Capture403

He’s actually not basically a .220 hitter. He batted .294 this year, the highest of his career.

Yeah, I’ve been rooting against Victo. But I think most of you realize that’s because I can’t stand to see yet another former Philly athlete succeed while we flounder in Ruben Amaro’s and Paul Holmgren’s (and maybe even Howie Roseman’s) stink. I’m being serious. It’s really bothering me. But I don’t hate the guy.

Eskin’s alleged issue with Victo – that fans overvalue him and he’s not that good – is just wrong. Victo has always been a decent player and, SABR folks be damned, he’s gotten a ton of clutch Postseason hits, for two teams now. I can rattle off a few– grand slam off Sabathia, only run in 2007 NLDS loss in Game 3, Game 4 2008 NLCS home run to tie game before Matt Stairs, grand slam to send Red Sox to World Series, 4 RBIs to win them World Series. His success with the Red Sox is making me positively miserable, but there’s no denying that he’s been a good player and is, and should be, well liked in Philly. Eskin, however, is just a jackass.

• Gabe October 31, 2013 at 1:02 pm

you forgot the 2 RBI in game 5 of the 2008 World Series, and the homer was in game 4 of the NLCS

• Kyle Scott October 31, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I hate myself for making that mistake. Fixed.

• NICKY PIZZAS October 31, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Howard Foreskin is just trying to be relevant because he knows that he basically, is no longer relevant. I can’t stand the guy, haven’t for years. He is nothing more than a blowhard and a talking head.

• Your Mother October 31, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I wish Howard Eskin would get a flesh eating bacteria all over his face.

• TigolBitties October 31, 2013 at 2:57 pm

That didn’t already happen??

• Supra October 31, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Why don’t you ever torch Mikey Miss?

“Spike” Eskin is a clown too. The name alone is worth a rip.

• Cashy the King October 31, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Eskin, we’re talkin about Eskin, not the game , not the game, Eskin, Eskin, not a game , not a game ,,Eskin, look we are talking about Eskin, I know he’s a blowhard, but we takin bout ,,,Eskin, not the game..

• Candy from the Oak October 31, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Wonder if Howard will send him flowers. Hope Shane is still fucking that PJ bartender behind his wife’s back

• Meaty McMeatface October 31, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Eskin has always been down on Shane Victorino. The 1st season Victorino was named a starter Eskin bashed him because he was not an everyday player and the Phillies would have to find someone to platoon with him. Eskin has always had a chip on his shoulder for the guy, not sure why, but at least he has been consistent in his hate for him. Andy Reid and the Eagles organization on the other hand. . .

• 3 Finger Lenny October 31, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Howard is alright in my book. He’s not a fan of shane’s adultery either

• Maxie October 31, 2013 at 7:50 pm

LOL like Victorino is the only player boinking around. Eskin is a major douchebag, right up there with Toucan Cataldi with irrational hatreds they can’t let go of.

• ThePhillyFlash October 31, 2013 at 1:21 pm

“Eskin, however, is just a jackass.”

Yo, Kyle! You just coming around to that realization?

• Candy from the Oak October 31, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Kyle. U should have a post on WS parade memories Il start, a hot chick peeing outside the ticket office area then pulling out her tampon in front of a cop

• step 3: make her open the box October 31, 2013 at 2:08 pm

This is a bunch of crazy tweets by Eskin; I don’t follow him, so I don’t know if his tweets are usually that ridiculous. In 2008, Utley batted .167 in the WS, Burrel a .071…in fact I think Burrel has more WS rings than hits. But I wouldn’t question their contributions to the team. I’m as bitter about Shane as anyone, but the guy had 4 RBI last night, give him his credit. And he blew off Rosenthal.

• Merle's Missing Hand October 31, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Damnit Howard, make me a whopper and STFU.

• TigolBitties October 31, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Well said Scotts…no reason to hate on the guy, even if it’s hard times for Philly. Brutal times in fact. We’ll have our day in the sun in another 10 years or so. At least we’re not Cleveland.

• Keepin It Real October 31, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Sounds like “Candy from the Oak” has a girlfriend who bartends at PJ’s?

• Shane October 31, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Howard is a dumb fuck. It is a damn shame no one has bashed his skull in by now.

• Migs310 October 31, 2013 at 4:59 pm

“I’m such a big Howard Eskin fan” -SAID NO ONE! Be happy for the guy ass.

• Patrick October 31, 2013 at 5:17 pm

42 postseason RBI is 9th ALL TIME. Eskin is a dope

• Patrick October 31, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Victories has 42 career postseason RBI, good for 9th most EVER. Eskin is just trying to stir the pot like he always does or has a personal gripe with Shane

• Patrick October 31, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Victorino*

• Alex October 31, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Didnt realize this. Shane was a player i enjoyed watching and i was sad to see him go. The thing howard or anyone forgot to mention is that he was playing with a baf wheel that forced him to bat only from the right side. Grant it, he’s better from that side but he isnt used to seeing right handed pitching from the right side.