Lorenzo & Sons Pizza is Now Available at the Wells Fargo Center

Voila_Capture646

Photo: Aramark

Consider this a public service announcement: On Tuesday, Lorenzo & Sons Pizza made its debut at the Wells Fargo Center. You can now get yourself a slice of one of the big pieces behind sections 102, 114, 207 and 220.

Now, before you salivate all over yourself upon learning that there’s a reasonable alternative to rubber chicken fingers, know that Aramark has a habit of bastardizing every food stuff it touches. A once-great dish, when filtered through the Aramark sifter, often turns out to be a hardened, indigestible shell of its former self which can potentially kill you if a glass of drinking water or turpentine isn’t nearby. You need to look no further than the Chickie’s and Pete’s chicken sandwiches, which are decent in the restaurant, but god awful when Aramark folks oversee their preparation (the Crab Fries remain breathtaking, however). Aramark employees generally hate you*, too, because you want a sandwich preferably within the next seven minutes!!!

[Credit where it’s due: the most underrated dish at the Wells Fargo Center is the roast beef sandwich next to P.J. Whelihan’s. It has evolved, but that thing has been on-point since the Red Bell Brewery was there. You’re welcome.]

Anyway, I’d be interested to see if Lorzenzo’s still tastes like, well, Lorenzo’s after Aramark is through with it.

*The people who work in left field at Citizens Bank Park – Schmitter, Alley Grill – are the worst of the lot. I don’t know if that’s where Aramark sends its unfireable union workers or something, but those people are borderline prison inmates who actively test the boundaries of employment and simple assault. “You want a sandwich? Here, I picked my nose, scratched my ass, talked to a coworker for four minutes, and then wrapper it with my bare hands. Now leave me alone!”

• Da Cuz November 21, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Its $7.50 for a slice..ridiculous..I got one on south street after the game for $3

• Ron Mexico November 21, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Aramark operated my high school cafeteria, and just like at the stadiums the food was both overpriced and terrible

• Bubs November 21, 2013 at 2:38 pm

These slices is on point! Finally a legit slice at Dub FC. Might be pricey jaccpot style but much better than those Seasons jawns they was dishin out last month ya digg.

• Pete November 21, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I got a slice last night at the sixers game and it was just as good and huge as on south street. It was 7.50 per slice, but relatively speaking, when compared to all the other vendors there, its not a bad deal, especiallu given how big the slices are.

• Mike Missanelli's Ass Wiper (Sean Brace) November 22, 2013 at 10:03 am

DOUBLE VIOLATION!! 1 – Going to a Sixers game 2. Paying $7.50 for a slice of Pizza

I have Swamp land if your interested.

• Triple D's November 21, 2013 at 2:39 pm

will definitely check out that roast beef sandwich the next time Im at the Wells. Thanks for the tip.

• Candy from the Oak November 21, 2013 at 2:55 pm

All Pete cares about now is his turtleneck, stealing employees money and fucking new staff. I hope the line isn’t filled with you no what like south street is.

• Jeff Garcia November 21, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Pete is the Shane Victorino of the restaurant industry.

• 3 Finger Lenny November 21, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Pete loves putting old bay on his mistresses pussies before goes down on them

• Tacony Rick November 21, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Yo, that roast beef sandwich reminds of Kaci’s meat curtains.

• Kate November 21, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Did you hear how embarrassing Angelo Cataldi & his intern were this morning drooling all over that jersey chasing pig? Angelo even said she had the nicest teeth.

• Tom Selleck November 21, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Pig? Maybe.. Beautiful Pig, Yes

• Tacony Rick November 21, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I did catch that this morning. Angelo liked how bright her teeth were. He’s ignoring the fact that they’re too big for her mouth. She must have gotten the teeth and tits package.

• Dom November 21, 2013 at 3:33 pm

are we talking about Kacie McDonnell? Because if we are, you guys are retarded

• Chance- VP of the GnA Falcons November 21, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Get back in the kitchen, Dom. You sound like a Pussy

• Dom November 21, 2013 at 6:05 pm

How do you sound like a pussy? I think you’re hearing the sound of your girlfriends pussy being beaten up by my dick.

• Ron Shelly November 21, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Dom get your ass back in the kitchen & help the ladies with the thanksgiving bake sale. Let the men talk about philly whores

• Kevin Shaw November 21, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Guys, Dom clearly is your typical garbage feeder who would stick his dick in a vacuum cleaner. To his pathetic standards, Kacie is a god, to the rest of us with a pair and options, she is a Mr. Ed south Philly looking skank who would be good for a BJ or drunk fuck.

• Dom November 21, 2013 at 11:10 pm

You’re the man

• George McFly November 21, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Dom is the type of dude who goes nuts giving kacie compliments when she posts her selfies on fb & twitter.

• Dom November 21, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Alright I get it, I’m a pussy for defending her. I don’t need any email notifications anymore

• kyle scott's mother...yes, i am a whore November 22, 2013 at 8:53 am

dom, get back in the kitchen. my son kyle wants to lick your toes

• 3 Finger Lenny November 21, 2013 at 3:20 pm

That pig kc blocked me on twitter today. Felt kind of good

• Hamburglar November 21, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Hot and fresh from the Lower Level location at the Flyers game Tuesday, solid.

In the Upper Level, Sixers game Wednesday, they grabbed a slice that may have been cooked when Doctor J still played, not so good.

• T-Bone November 21, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Those animals out in Alley Grill are the worst. Everytime I go there I feel like a small piece of my soul is being torn off by all the hatred and annoyance.

• JJ November 21, 2013 at 3:24 pm

The pricing has to do with the owners of the team…not the vendor! Heck the vendor makes pennies for every item sold as it costs millions for them to rent those spaces. Ever wonder how they make the pizza without the pizza ovens???? hmmmmmm

• Candy from the Oak November 21, 2013 at 3:33 pm

They don’t call them pizza ovens They call them hitlers toaster

• Jimmy Russell November 21, 2013 at 5:14 pm

cant be much worse than the food at xFinity Live

• Chris November 21, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I miss the Red Bell Brewery, their roast beef sandwiches were on point

• Josef Beranek November 21, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Glad I’m not the only one who has had a problem with the staff at the Alley Grill. For the most part, I’ve found the concessions workers at CBP to be decent folks, but they do seem to have put the worst of the worst in the Alley Grill. Particularly the women who work there

• Drew S November 21, 2013 at 9:13 pm

We are light years behind other sports facilities. The Barclay Center in Brooklyn has actual outlets from the neighborhood in the facility that aren’t run by third party. Haven’t been to AT&T Park in San Francisco but I have heard the food is terrific. PNC Park in Pittsburgh has Primanti Brothers sandwiches. Not impressed with CBP at all. Planet Hoagie is about the same as WaWa. No excuse to not have decent outlets in our local sports venues. Super Pretzel are you f’n kidding me. We are the home of great pretzels. CBP used to have one spot that had real pretzels a few years ago but they got rid of it. It’s an insult to serve Super Pretzel anywhere in the city. Speaking of WaWa even their pretzels are now great.

• Kevin Shaw November 21, 2013 at 10:58 pm

What the hell do you expect? Any venue that hires minimum wage workers to feed thousands of people cannot possibly be good. The food at these venues are there to soak up some beer so you can keep drinking.

• We only booed Santa, Dallas killed JFK November 22, 2013 at 11:12 am

Had one of these bad boys last night… solid

• Catch a damned pass November 22, 2013 at 11:14 am

Who the fuck eats at a hockey game? No wonder why you’re all a bunch of fat slobs.