Lunatic Shawn Andrews Absolutely Trashed Donovan McNabb on the Radio Today

Voila_Capture503
This is a Friday gift to bloggers everywhere: Shawn Andrews, attempting to remain relevant, just called 97.5 The Fanatic and said he was bullied by his Eagles teammates, including Donovan McNabb [audio here].

Andrews was obviously calling in to talk about Richie Incognito, but when Mike Missanelli asked him if he faced that sort of thing, Andrews let loose: “I did. I did. I faced a lot of that.”

On rumors that he hurt himself dancing“I broke two screws in my ankle. There was a rumor from my teammates that I was out having a good time dancing. This is where things get crossed up. I had two broken screws in my ankle.”

“When the cameras were rolling, it’s like we’re a team, we’re a team. When they’re off, it’s like, screw you, dude. Screw you.”

On specific players“I have to choose my words carefully, but I worked with guys who didn’t have everybody’s best interest at heart. The only guy I could tell you that I could trust on that team was flat out Brian Dawkins.”

“Would you want to go to work where you put your heart out every single day and the guy that you’re protecting is saying things behind your back that isn’t true?”

That kicked off this exchange:

You’re talking about the quarterback, Donovan McNabb?

“Yes.”

What was he saying that wasn’t true?

“Man, where do I start? You know what, I’ve been thinking about this before the interview, where my credibility is under question… but I’ve really been trying to figure out how I wanted to say this stuff. If I was one of the first guys to get a $100 million contract, I’ve got endorsements, I’m on commercials, is that not enough attention in and of itself?”

You’re talking about Donovan obviously…

“You know what, my mind is racing right now, and I know everything that I say is under fire. And I’m fine with that. But sometimes the truth has to be spoken. I’ll just say this: I’ve played with a lot of [inaudible] people, man. I wasn’t happy.”

Did the quarterback question your manhood in any way? Is that what you’re saying?

“It’s a lot, man. We don’t have enough time to even discuss that. I’ll just say, I wasn’t happy there. I loved Coach Reid. He knows the truth of what went on with me and what was going on in that locker room.”

More on McNabb“I won’t consider McNabb a bully. But If you put your heart and everything that comes with you on the line for another person, and they’re saying very, very, very untrue things about you to other guys in our league and other teams, how would that make you feel?”

On confronting McNabb“He did what most people would do: he denied it. There’s just so much evidence there, man.”

On what he would say to McNabb: “I’ve probably said everything I’m gonna say, man. Dude, I don’t even know where to start, man. I’m disgusted by it. You know like Martin, I feel the connect there, when he said he tried to befriend people who talked about him, I know what he’s going through. I didn’t say all the things I want to say. Things are gonna get twisted.”

Talking about coming up for a new contract, Andrews said he stopped eating McDonald’s eight months before negotiations, but teammates would go to Reid saying he ate “five cheeseburgers and four orders of fries.”

On time Reid allowed him to address team“One of the leaders on the team (McNabb), how does it make you feel when he was sitting there, looking at you in the eye, rolling his eyes at everything you say pouring your heart out as a man amongst men.”

I’m speechless. All of a sudden Shawn Andrews decides to come out and trash McNabb three years later? So, yeah, McNabb is a dick. I’m not sure that’s surprising. But what the hell is going on in this world where a grown man – an NFL player, no less – calls in to a radio station to whine about not getting along with his teammates three years ago? “I didn’t say all the things I want to say.” What?! Say them! If McNabb was such an evil dude, tell us why. Don’t just leave it hanging there. That’s bullshit.

This bullying thing is totally out of control right now. Every human being in the world comes across people they don’t get along with. And sure, there are some cases where kids, or maybe people like Jonathan Martin, are victims of people in power positions. But attention whore Shawn Andrews is going to call into a radio station three years after the fact and trash teammates who didn’t like him? And, worse, we’re going to turn it into some sort of national debate about bullying because a millionaire football player was given a hard time by other millionaire football players? Our country is out of its mind right now. You know what? I was picked on by some dude in fourth grade. It sucked. I probably cried. We tussled at recess one day, but that didn’t do much. I took it for a few years and then just avoided him. Two years later, in seventh grade, I picked on some kid. I was a real asshole. Made fun of everything about him. No idea why. Just because I could. One day, waiting in line to be walked out to the parking lot after school (Catholic school was a real blast!), he turned around and punched me in my braces. Blood everywhere. Guess who I never picked on again?

This happens to literally every person ever. You get picked on by some people, you pick on some people. We cry, we fight, we get over it. It usually stops when you reach college. After that, you come across people you don’t like and, because you’re an adult, you do your best to avoid them. Sometimes you can’t. Sometimes you don’t like your boss. Sometimes your roommate is a dick. Sometimes you’re forced to be around people you hate. It sucks. It’s life. We should be nicer to each other. But no way is space cadet Shawn Andrews getting picked on by his millionaire teammates the same as Little Johnny Pocket Protector getting his lunch stolen every day for three years. This is so absurd.

Kyle Eckel, who played with the Eagles when Andrews was there, commented on Facebook immediately after the interview:

screen grab via (@Banditmax)

screen grab via (@Banditmax)

Eckel then called in to the station and called Andrews’ interview a load of garbage. We’ll post that audio when it becomes available.

For now, let’s just get our Michael Phelps on:

• Tom Evans November 8, 2013 at 6:32 pm

If he never felt he was bullied, why air all the dirty laundry? This is becoming a circus, where everybody who ever felt wronged can get back at their enemies. What a homo

• Al Morganti's Fake New England Accent November 8, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Kyle. The guy clearly does, and has had, mental issues. Calling him a lunatic is pretty harsh. And racist.

• Kyle Scott November 8, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Yes, it’s racist. I called him lunatic because he’s black. Obviously.

• Opra's Minge November 10, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Stupidity and Hubris has no color. Shawne Andrews just didn’t have the mental make up to be an NFL player. Nothing to do with race. It’w what we like to call “bitchassness”…That’s what Andrews has……

• Faux Jay Grace November 8, 2013 at 7:03 pm

The Big Kid loves his burgers

• JT November 8, 2013 at 7:08 pm

As much as I dislike the Eagles and McNabb I have to defend them. Shawn Andrews has mental problems. This isn’t the 1st time he’s given a rambling interview. I’ll never forget Howard Eskin did an interview with him right after Jimmy Johnson had passed away. Before he played the interview Eskin was laughing and telling everyone to brace themselves. Might have even played the Psyco theme. In the interview Andrews was talking like Johnson was still alive and in the room with them . smh

• eh? November 8, 2013 at 9:47 pm

You post as ratbastardshanahandjob over at PFT? Same exact post over there sans the “smh’

I would LOVE to see/listen to that interview, you know where to find it?

• Little Mermaid Blu (e[?]) Ray November 8, 2013 at 7:18 pm

This whole”bullying” thing is out of control.

What’s next? I bet someone comes out of the woodwork claiming Jackie Robinson was bullied.

• mike November 8, 2013 at 7:19 pm

“But attention whore Shawn Andrews is going to call into a radio station three years after the fact and trash teammates who didn’t like him? ”

Tune in to Comcast Channel 846 next Thursday, Saturday and Sunday at 7:30 to see Kyle and local celebrities Rhea Hughes and Vai Sikahema jr. to discuss this case. Don’t forget the podcast!

• mike November 8, 2013 at 7:22 pm

“This bullying thing is totally out of control right now.”

You’re right. It is a disgrace that kids across the country are killing themselves because they are getting bullied at school and home and online. I thought our society was past that.

Ohh wait, nevermind. You mean you are upset that you have to hear about it on ESPN and WIP. You are just upset that you have to hear about bullying.

• Mario November 8, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I think he is saying that the attention that “millionaire bullying” is getting, visa vis real bullying seen in schools, etc. is what is out of control…

• mike November 8, 2013 at 9:00 pm

So Kyle is upset that pro athletes are telling children that they don’t have to be victims of bullying? Kyle is upset that children are be told an alternative method to stopping bullying besides punching somebody?

I’m sorry you guys are being forced to hear about bullying. Don’t worry, the news cycle is short. Next week you can get back to determining whether or not Nick Foles is Elite or not.

• Spanky November 8, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Mikey Miss is that you?

• Nice Dick Logo November 8, 2013 at 8:45 pm

^

• DS November 8, 2013 at 9:50 pm

I noticed that Shawn Andrews didn’t give one example of anythign mcNabb said or did. Just vague ramblings of a mad man.

Sal Paleotonio and Kyle Eckle dismissed Andrews bullshit right away.

And kudos to Kyle Scott for pointing that out and that Andrews is a nut.

Missanelli certainly had an agenda the second mcNabb’s name came up and kept going back to it, even though Andrews himself to a point started shying away from McNabb.

For Missanelli then to call McNabb the Eagles equivalent to Incognito shows just what an asshole Missanelli is.

• Ray S November 8, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Andrews was asked questions and he answered, he didn’t go off track, he just shared his thoughts, leave the poor guy alone

• Catch a damned pass November 8, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I actually think it would be great for the bullied kids that shoot up their schools to actually shoot people that bullied them instead of everyone at the school. I was picked on until there was a lot of classmates at a school hockey game and they saw me going around fucking everybody up. I didn’t become popular, but no one messed with me anymore, and they were cool to me lol. They were still a bunch of cocksuckers I didn’t care for though.

Wow I typed a lot more than I wanted to.

• MR ST IDES TO YOU November 8, 2013 at 10:35 pm

I was once bullied by a guy who was bullied by a bully so i beat up his bully which put fear in his heart so he bullied me no more but began to bully his former bully which lead to the bullied jumping the new bully.

• Mikey Miss November 8, 2013 at 10:55 pm

I think we need to examine the dynamic that exists between black athletes and bullying. White people should simply accept that this type of thing occurs and the black community should tell me what to think. I will spend the next week taking phone calls on this life altering story and completely ignore the sports currently going on in Philadelphia. I will also continue to play alt bands on my show in an attempt to position myself as anything but an old lonely creep.

• Nicky Negadelphia November 9, 2013 at 12:29 am

And the weekend guys at 97.5 will milk this Shawn Andrews interview,as well as the Miami Dolphins bullying story for the next 2 days like there’s no relevant sports related stories in Philly to discuss(SMDH).

• The cb logo blows November 9, 2013 at 7:50 am

Can only imagine how many damm times 97.5 will reply that train wreck interview

• Supra November 9, 2013 at 1:00 am

Not even sure where to start. Certainly not a fan of Shawn Andrews or Stacy for that matter but ABSOLUTELY not a fan of Donovan McNabb. I don’t see how he could be a bully consider what a dork he was/still is.

Most importantly, WHO THE FUCK IS KYLE ECKEL?

• You = Worst November 9, 2013 at 8:35 am

You question why he calls into a radio station and then complain he didn’t say more. You are the worst.

• Al Tru November 9, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Hugh Douglas said that in the offensive huddle the players saw Jeff Garcia as one of them. They saw Donovan as a “company guy”. Douglas said “Jeff Garcia is no longer a Philadelphia Eagle because of the ego of one man”

• dave November 9, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Anyone who argues against these issues was a bully themselves. It’s obvious Kyle Scott was a bully. He admits he was, but I knew he was without his admission. He says everyone has bullied others. That’s untrue. I never did, and I know a lot of folks that never did. This issue has become a thorn in the side of bullies everywhere. They are reminded of their behavior and the inner guilt is caused to surface. Because that guilt burns in them they are force to justify Incognito’s and their behavior by turning the table on Martin and other victims. Martin hasn’t done anything wrong. Sean Andrews did nothing wrong. We’ve done nothing wrong. It’s the black heart of the bully that is under scrutiny right now.

• Jim M November 10, 2013 at 10:03 pm

When you talk about grade school, can you use first and last names?

• Triple D's November 11, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Aww man, wish there was a video of you getting sucker-punched by that kid. braceface. hahahaha

• Kyle Scott's Infected Taint November 20, 2013 at 2:25 am

You get ’em Kyle! Anytime a possible bullying victim talks about being bullied, I follow the following procedure:

1) Check how much money the guy made. Was it a lot? If so, how can he complain?
    2) See if he has ever behaved erratically. Has he? If yes, he clearly deserved the bullying, which could not possibly have caused the erratic behavior.
    3) Call him names on the internet because I’m a giant pussy.

• mike November 21, 2013 at 2:34 am

When we look at this players you may be for, or against. But the voice I heard on Freddy Coleman Show/ESPN is seeking help,do not let us rush into conclution, what ever it’s going to take let get to the bottom of d matter, many players have to suffer to be in the roaster of 53/practise members, do not let the word that we use in bloggin become bullying and we send someone to the grave. Belive me it can happen