UPDATE: Romo Won’t Play on Sunday

20131215-194235.jpg

The funny thing about Tony Romo’s back, Jules, is that it’s going to win the Eagles the division.

Adam Schefter is reporting that Romo will miss the rest of the season (so, Sunday) due to his back injury:

If this was any other team, I’d be scared shitless that they would take Dallas lightly now. But, it’s not. It’s the Eagles. And they just whooped the Bears in a mostly meaningless game. The Division has just been gift-wrapped, in time for Christmas!

UPDATE: At his press conference, Jason Garret refused to admit that Romo won’t play on Sunday and that he’s done for the season. He’s probably full of shit. It does him and the Cowboys no good to tell the Eagles now if Romo is playing or not. And there are multiple reports that Romo has a herniated disc which may require surgery:

Voila_Capture886

On ESPN, Schefter stood by his report: “He’s out for the season. He’s not going to play again this season.”

• Christina Lurie's Left Tit December 23, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Fuckin’ A. Now all the mouth-breathers will say the Eagles won because Romo wasn’t able to play.

• Michael Barkann December 23, 2013 at 6:36 pm

You’re assuming the Eagles are going to win. Haven’t you learned ANYTHING after the Eagles were picked to BLOW OUT the Vikings?

• No wonder the national media thinks Eagles fans are drunken imbeciles December 24, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Anyone who says “Fuckin A” has automatically branded themselves with an IQ < 30.

• Bane December 23, 2013 at 5:33 pm

*Leaves room intimidatingly*

• Rodney Pete December 23, 2013 at 5:33 pm

You’re on the verge of jinxing everything with your rah-rah bullshit Kyle.

• Christina Lurie's Left Tit December 23, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Go back to `95, Roddy. Nobody likes you. I’d do your wife, Holly, though.

• nick December 23, 2013 at 5:35 pm

A “BACK INJURY” RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

• Guesty McGuest December 23, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Wow, what a bombshell. This however might increase the Cowboys chances. Teams have a funny way or rallying when shit like this goes down. DeMarco Murray is a force they can lean on. If the Birds can get up on them early they should be OK, but if it stays close for too long could be tougher than expected.

• Massimo Gargano December 23, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Tony Romo face screenprinted on a t-shirt….$35 each or 2 for $45. You’re welcome.

• Kyle December 23, 2013 at 6:18 pm

I’m on it, can you find me free clip art of Tony Romo’s face to use though? Otherwise I might just have to use “TONY ROMO’S FACE” in block letters. How many do you think we’ll sell, millions? Or tens of millions? Either way, I better email cafepress errr I mean have a lunch meeting with my printer and give them a heads up that we’re going big time!

• The Philly Drunk December 23, 2013 at 9:36 pm

You’re insane, 2 shirts would be packaged together for WAY more than 45.

• Phillies' 40 Year Old Phenom Prospect December 23, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Didn’t we feel this way with the Vikings? Better luck next year Eagles.

• Catch a damned pass December 23, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Kyle Orton is going to ravage the Seagulls.

• Tony Romo's Back December 23, 2013 at 6:07 pm

RUDE

• jared lorenzen December 23, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Hey Jerry let me know what time my flight is! I stayed in great shape and I haven’t eaten a 10 piece since this morning. That God damn Tom Coughlin won’t let me come to practice so I’m available.

• K Shaw December 23, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Wow, can’t believe you even remembered J-Load! I actually went to Kentucky when he was their QB, any chance you went there as well?

• JOECAP December 23, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Romo is pulling a Costanza …

• Frank December 23, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Happy Festivus!

• Coatesville Cowboy December 23, 2013 at 6:19 pm

This actually makes us better. You eagles fans are gonna be crying in your Cheerios Monday morning when you wake up to see the score. I know you’ll all be sleeping during the game. Fraud fans.
    Go cowboys. 5 superbowls.

• nick papagiorgio December 23, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Better how?…I guess if you look at it like a ten year old u would think so….but anyone with the name coatesville cowboy I wouldn’t think different….please enlighten

• Jerry Jones December 23, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Keep the faith, C’ville Cowboy!

These Philly-fan chumps haven’t learned anything, even after watching FORTY-SEVEN Super Bowl trophies go to someone else.

• Shoulder Pads Guys December 24, 2013 at 8:55 am

What happens when Romo asks for change for a dollar bill? He only gets three quarters

• DJ Zip December 23, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Here’s the deal and it’s plain and simple. Work ethic. There are about 8 or 9 guys on The Dallas Cowboys that carry the load for the rest of the team. Period! I have been a fan of the Cowboys since 1993 and I have never seen such a lousy bunch of dread locked prima-donnas (who make more money in one season than most people see in 10 years of work) literally and effortlessly fail to do their job week after week. Romo is astonishing simply because there would BE NO final game with the Eagles nor the Redskins in the two years past if he played on another team. The man has no choice but to lead from behind…constantly! He is on the sidelines studying his picture book and preparing to go back in on every new set of downs because he knows his Defense will let him down. And the cat is graceful about it. I would be furious at the lack of effort by most of his fellow teammates. The man should NOT have to make things happen constantly! CONSTANTLY! Never, ever blame Romo for anything Jerry Jones does or brings to training camp to help Romo win games. Never forget that Romo put Dallas in the position to go to the playoffs alone! The man is a winner. Period.

• Frank December 23, 2013 at 6:30 pm

frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

• Angelo's Inner Voice December 23, 2013 at 6:41 pm

“There are about 8 or 9 guys on The Dallas Cowboys that carry the load for the rest of the team. Period! I have been a fan of the Cowboys since 1993 and I have never seen such a lousy bunch of dread locked prima-donnas (who make more money in one season than most people see in 10 years of work) literally and effortlessly fail to do their job week after week.”

Hmm… sounds exactly like the 2009-2012 Eagles!

• Sam Malone December 23, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Not a groin injury? A gr-gr-groin injury?

• TrickyDickNixon December 23, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I can’t believe how many douche bags that are here. To many “daddy’s” buying cowboy pj’s for their little babies.” Daddy I want a star on my Jammie’s ’cause that means I’m a star!” … As I guy who has lived here all my 48 years, I would never cheer for the cowboys. The cowgirls? That another question

• Coatesville Cowboy December 23, 2013 at 7:04 pm

@Nick P….
    You need me to tell you how this makes them better? Look back to the Vikings Eagles game… Matt Cassell anyone? Do you watch football.
    Orton is deadly accurate. He will slice this Eagle D up.
    Remember him in Denver? In Chicago? At Purdue? He puts the ball where he wants it.
    This Eagle Team isn’t that great. They haven’t played anyone good. They are beating the bad teams. Wow.
    Oh, and my Cowboys have 5, that’s right I said 5, Super Bowl Trophies. Do the Eagles have 5 playoff wins I the past 10 years?
    Hahahahaha. GO COWBOYS.

• Fe Maiden December 23, 2013 at 7:33 pm

This coming from a shit stain whose team has one playoff victory in 20 years.

And those 5 Super Bowls might mean something if they were won sometime after the microwave was invented.

• Jerry Jones December 23, 2013 at 7:37 pm

What the FIVE Super Bowl wins means is that it is FIVE MORE than the Eagles.

Go cherish your Salary Cap championships!

(Oh, and nice dainty screen name!)

• Fe Maiden December 23, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Yes, nice and dainty. I’m guessing you failed chemistry. Though do they even have chemistry for special ed?

• Kyle Orton's spicstashe December 23, 2013 at 7:35 pm

@coatesvillecowboy hahaha. Orton’s is so good that he hasn’t stuck as a starter anywhere. If you’re relying on him good luck oh and your 5 Super Bowls are ancient history. Might as well cheer with the Germans that they have taken France. 5 playoff games in the last ten years. Yeah 4 NFC championship games but that was when your QB was Quincy carter so you probably weren’t watching much football. I get it

• Jerry Jones December 23, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Much less ancient than the Eagles’ Super Bowl wins!

• nick papagiorgio December 23, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Just wondering how giving a defensive coordinator an extra three or four days to prepare for a diff qb is helpful to you…sounds like u have completely thought this thru…@cowby

• Slammin Gretzky's Daughter December 23, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Lol @ calling a guy with a 58.4 career completion percentage “deadly accurate.” That’s a good one.

• LFEM December 24, 2013 at 9:59 am

They beat the Cardinals who are 10 and 5.

• Come on MAAAN!! December 26, 2013 at 11:11 pm

You realize who the fuck you’re talking about?…Fucking Kyle Orton…The same jerk off that got benched for Tim fucking Tebow?!?!?! you cowboy faggots are fucked…those fuckers are booking their vacation plans. hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

• Bob from northeast philly December 23, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Of course a classless d-bag Eagles fan would think that…. Keep cheering opponent injuries… It’s what Eagles fans do.

• Cowboy Dave December 23, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Thank you Tony Romo! You carried this team on your back. You have given the Dallas Cowboys an opportunity to win the East. It’s time for them to carry you now. Run run run. Take your well deserved break and get better soon. Hail to the #4 highest passer rated QB of all time. Orton got this, Cowboys bleed blue!

• Snypes December 24, 2013 at 10:30 am

Cowboy Dave, thats pretty creepy to feel that way, time to step back from Romo and take a look in the mirror

• Dan Hanratty December 23, 2013 at 7:33 pm

What do I care if an opposing player is injured? That’s just good news for the Eagles. Anyone who disagrees with me is going to he KNOCKED OUT!

• Dan Hanratty (the real one) December 23, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Stop posting in MY likeness get a life dude. I’m the real Dan Hanratty.
    Anyway, EAGLES all the way BABY!!!! They gonna beat the cowGIRLS, then beat the Saints in OUR HOUSE. Then they’ll beat up an OVERATED panther team. Then they beat an even more OVERATED Seahawks team. Eagles Super Bowl BABY!!!! Redemption vs tom Brady.

• Dan Hanratty December 23, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Pay no attention to that last clown. All kinds of Dan Hanrattys have showed up today, some even claiming to be “the real one”, as if that holds weight.

This clown mentions several OVERATED teams, but fails to include the Eagles among them. I’m gonna have to KNOCK HIM OUT if this continues.

• Dan Hanratty (the real one) December 23, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Dude, you suck. The Cowboys may win on Sunday, but their still my Eagles!

• Andy Schreiber December 23, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Eagles vs. Chargers in the Super Bowl.

Stranger things have happened.

• Andy Schreiber December 23, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Kyle Orton must be so pumped.

Let the Eagles take an early lead & force Orton to throw the ball – that should be fun to watch.

Let’s go Eagles!

• The Philly Drunk December 23, 2013 at 9:37 pm

I’m more scared to face Orton then I am Romo

• ThePhillyFlash December 24, 2013 at 6:40 am

Pfft! Get a dog! No need to be scared of a guy who was replaced by Tim Tebow!

• K Shaw December 23, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Poor Dallas, it would be bad enough having to live in their hick disaster of a city with a bunch of inbred morons in 10 gallon hats and whatever other queer clothes they wear. The shitty football team is just the icing on the cake.

• Michael Nutter's mother December 24, 2013 at 1:42 pm

K Shaw has obviously never been to Dallas. Compared to Philadelphia, it’s a breath of fresh air. Clean, very little crime, public transportation that’s ON-TIME, civic leaders who know what they’re doing. Philly is an old, dirty city, crowded with abandoned cars, uncollected trash, and corrupt politicians (including you know who).

• BobbyD December 23, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Wait, I thought Romo sucked? Why would the Eagles want him on he bench if he sucks and loses games?

• Misanelli's daughter December 23, 2013 at 11:06 pm

My father is off tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have to spend the next two days with him and hear him boast how he cost Glen Macnow his shift on WIP. How he is going to run the Cuz off the air and reduce the competition to smithereens.

• Scruples Christmas Tree December 23, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Tell him to enjoy a nice cigar & merry Xmas

• LFEM December 24, 2013 at 10:01 am

They are all still friends btw. That is why Miss NEVER mentions them. EVER. His thing was with the scum bag Eskin.

• Mr Mike Missanelli Esq December 24, 2013 at 10:19 am

Honey , do you like how I decorated the fake tree with custom Christmas balls showing pictures of me in various poses. I’ll bet you especially enjoy the baseball ones. I got you a framed picture of myself for your Holiday gift. You can hang it above my statue.

• Captain Awesome December 24, 2013 at 1:24 pm